It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gender is in the mind and not the body, what do you think of species dysphoria?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
I believe that all people should be equal under the law, . . .

But, you don't.

You are picking and choosing what YOU have decided is acceptable.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NavyDoc
I believe that all people should be equal under the law, . . .

But, you don't.

You are picking and choosing what YOU have decided is acceptable.

Nonsense. The law, the state, the government should be neutral and treat all citizens the same. There should be no protected classes and no citizen should be held higher or lower to the law than the other.

Private citizens, OTOH, should be free to make their own decisions.

What you support is using the coercive power of the state to force private citizens to do whatever you have decided you want them to do.

I say that the state should leave private citizens alone to make their own mistakes and if they fail due to being stupid--too bad, so sad.

What you want is fascism, not equality nor freedom.

Our fundamental difference is that I think people, gay or straight, otherkin or not, should be free to decide for themselves without either coercion or special consideration from the state whereas you want to use the state to FORCE people you dislike to comply with your view as to what is "just" or not.
edit on 5-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Did you know there are people in this world that think they are an animal.

Human's are animals aren't they?

So, some feel they are of another species. Reincarnation?

Who knows. We don't even really know for sure where we come from.

I find the "newish" science of brain scanning fascinating. There is so much we don't know.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

So equality to you is allowing people to segregate schools because people are different colors, not serving to blacks and gays if they "don't want to", etc?

How is that treating everyone equally?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

So equality to you is allowing people to segregate schools because people are different colors, not serving to blacks and gays if they "don't want to", etc?

How is that treating everyone equally?

Are we talking private or government schools? A tax payer funded public school has to treat all citizens equally and treat all citizens the same.

edit on 5-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh I see your logic. The GOVERNMENT must treat everyone equally, but private citizens are allowed to legally discriminate all they please. Don't wanna serve blacks? GO FOR IT! Wanna put "No queers allowed" on your eatery? YOU BET!

Man, Small towns will be such bastions of freedom and equality! I can't wait until the lesbian couple breaks down in a small town and the only mechanic does his country proud by exercising his rights and refusing to fix their car! Man, what a glorious country that would be. I'm teary eyed at the thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Simple question:

Are you okay with trans folk serving in the military?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Oh I see your logic. The GOVERNMENT must treat everyone equally, but private citizens are allowed to legally discriminate all they please. Don't wanna serve blacks? GO FOR IT! Wanna put "No queers allowed" on your eatery? YOU BET!

Man, Small towns will be such bastions of freedom and equality! I can't wait until the lesbian couple breaks down in a small town and the only mechanic does his country proud by exercising his rights and refusing to fix their car! Man, what a glorious country that would be. I'm teary eyed at the thought.

Therein lies the difference in how we view people I guess. I don't think that lesbian couples would be left stranded. I think that the small town mechanic would be glad for the work and fix the car. This is not 1950 and the vast majority of Americans are regular people and they don't treat people decently only because they have the boot of the state on their neck.

You honestly think the only thing keeping that mechanic from not taking that couple's money and fixing the car in the coercive power of the state?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

How many truly private businesses are there?

How many do not require public access to get to? How many do not use public utilities? How many are not required to get a business license and follow state laws?

I guess you could fly your private helicopter, hover over the private business, and shinny down a rope to get access without using public roads.

edit on 5-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If gender is in the mind and not the body, what do you think of species dysphoria?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Gee whiz Doc, looks like you stepped on a nest of angry Black Knight fans! I understand the point that you are trying to make and I feel much the same way. The fact that America has gone from a country with standards and norms to one where everything and anything goes is something I think we all saw coming having reached young adulthood during the Hippie debacle on the late '60's and early 70's. At this time, America was still the Land of the Free so I chose rules for myself to follow in regards to dating, marrying, and other sexually related functions that I lived by myself, but never was the kind to expect others to comply with. The really disappointing part of this all is that today, the herd mentality has brought forth a new mandate that everyone not only accept any and all behavior, but that we all must stand up and admit that not only are "they" right, both that we are wrong. Tolerance has gone down the crapper IMHO and that is the depressing and sad part of this whole deal.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BennyHavensOh
. . . the herd mentality has brought forth a new mandate that everyone not only accept any and all behavior, . . .

What? Who is saying that?

The reality is there are 300+ million people in America alone. You really think everyone is just gonna get along and respect each other?

Laws don't just get pulled out of thin air. They come about because something happened.

"One bad apple spoils the whole bunch" - - - that's life in an overpopulated society.

If you want the type society Doc wants - - I suggest you buy an island.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

That is almost identical to the Taliban recruitment video on Youtube. Uncanny.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No I am not foolish enough to even dream that we can all get along, respect one another, or even live together in peace. This does not preclude me from wanting to do this however, and the message of peaceful coexistence is one that I have no control over, but to keep promoting. Perhaps it is a reaction to my military training of "Kill them all and let God sort them out". Apparently I have mellowed with age, sorry.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

That is almost identical to the Taliban recruitment video on Youtube. Uncanny.

I am unfamiliar with the Taliban video, perhaps you can enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

No I am not foolish enough to even dream that we can all get along, respect one another, or even live together in peace. This does not preclude me from wanting to do this however, and the message of peaceful coexistence is one that I have no control over, but to keep promoting. Perhaps it is a reaction to my military training of "Kill them all and let God sort them out". Apparently I have mellowed with age, sorry.

Its a good want and message. Best you can do is "be the message".

Maybe we should just leave god completely out of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sorry, but I was not bringing God into it, that was just an old saying we used to help whip us up to be able to kill indiscriminately at the instruction of our superiors. You really had to be there I suppose, or have served in the military to understand.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sorry, but I was not bringing God into it, that was just an old saying we used to help whip us up to be able to kill indiscriminately at the instruction of our superiors. You really had to be there I suppose, or have served in the military to understand.

Sorry, I didn't really mean it that way - - my mind was wandering. I just meant religion causes so much conflict, thinking a peaceful society might do better with out it.

Its a difficult experience you and others had.

edit on 5-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There is NO doubt that man has used religion to promote war, still does to this day, and probably will until we join the dinosaurs in extinction. However this unavoidable fact should not deter any of us from Faith in the concepts of peace and coexistence that many of these twisted religions use to profit by. I have been a member of many different teams in my day, some of them touted as "America's finest", and the most important lesson that I took away from all of these experiences was that "WE" accomplished far more by working together than "I" could ever have done by myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sorry to be that offensive guy, but here goes (I'm really not sorry, are people who say "I'm sorry, but" ever sorry? ) .

It makes zero sense to say that chromosomes don't make the sex. You may want to look into what the word means in a variety of contexts, and not choose your own meaning just cause, you know.. the feelings and all.

If someone has markers that are flipping their biochemical makeup towards more of the other sex (you see, even saying it like this clearly shows what sex is all about), that's a product of adaptation to malcircumstances.

You see the same patterns in people who flip their script... weak father, absent father, dominant mother, child abuse... something didn't go the way that tends to be natural. I don't care how they get off, or see their selves, I just get sick of people throwing out ideas that make no damned sense at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join