It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell us what you are, and what you aren't.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The measurements we use to interpret time are thought constructs, yes. But time itself is not. There were atoms, molecules, planets, stars and galaxies forming, changing, merging long before we appeared to impose an arbitrary scale for those changes.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I do get the metaphysical point you are making, by the way. We can only remember the past, and guess the future. We can't directly perceive them. Our existence at any given moment is limited to that moment, that particular 'now'. Though to me, the idea that time exists solely as a construct of the intelligence that perceives it is entirely too similar to the participatory Anthropic principle, which basically states that nothing can exist until it is observed. I find that to be a very egotistical and unlikely scientific standpoint.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

edit on 6-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

The measurements we use to interpret time are thought constructs, yes. But time itself is not. There were atoms, molecules, planets, stars and galaxies forming, changing, merging long before we appeared to impose an arbitrary scale for those changes.

How can you be sure of that? The speed of light begs to differ in a way.

edit on 7-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Through time, I find that often, I judge myself very harshly, and assume others do to, but it often turns out that they don't. I tend to assume "everyone hates me" and am surprised to find out later it isn't true.
But that is in real life, I've noticed that on the internet, I have had people assume terrible terrible things about me.

I have confidence in my intent and inner "goodness", but no confidence at all in my ability to communicate that effectively.

I care a lot about others, whether close to me or not, and am very empathic. This sometimes causes me to feel pulled in many different directions, and end up neglecting some while so focused on another. I got boundry problems.

I'm also prone to momentary breakdowns, where I can be unecessarily emotional, if I get tired. A little time alone and I recover quickly though.

I can be overly concerned with details and subtilities, too serious, and too rational at times when I think that is necessary, which sometimes irritates people. I am rather introverted, preferring to observe and process deeply what is going on around me, to learn.

I have a love/hate relationship with language. I need to take part in reading, writing, and talking, and like to learn new languages, but at times get frustrated with the difficulties of sincere communication and need to retreat to interaction with babies, or animals, so that just body language can be exchanged.

I am not jealous or possessive, but can feel hurt easily if I really respect someone, and crawl into my shell. I take responsibility very seriously, even when there doesn't seen to be a need for it.
Mostly, I am super curious, love to explore new places, people, or ideas. I am always sort of excited by fear of unknown, and overcoming it.

I also have a huge irrational fear of losing those I love. I basically perceive that love can just come to an end at any moment, and loved ones leave.....so I am always mentally preparing for the moment that will happen and trying to appreciate the moment to the maximum, before it ends. When I look at the relationship I have with my husband of 25 years now (the longest time anyone has every been with me, including parents) it seems unfair and irrational, but each day, I still wonder, "Is it today that he will tell me he is leaving?"
edit on 7-6-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

I never mix spirits. Scotch. Neat.

lol me

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

like this?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

wow

so interesting

honestly

last time I said you are 6 personalities in one

now I think I am up to 13.5 lol

I tend to assume "everyone hates me" and am surprised to find out later it isn't true.

OMG SO NOT TRUE

But WOW

every time a completely different you wow

so confused in a good way

thinking back all the conversations I am not even sure if it was you

That is actually so beautiful

Course of an Empath sounds like

But who knows

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I,m
Good looking
Inteligent
Funny
Kind
Unique
Fit

Im not

Known for my modesty.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I have confidence.
humor,
Wit..

I'm intuitive.

I'm not

someone who takes a while making point.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I,m
Good looking
Inteligent
Funny
Kind
Unique
Fit

Im not

Known for my modesty.

ok that reminds me of

edit on 7-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I AM

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

cute dragon

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

OK that reminds me of

I have confidence.
humor,
Wit..

I'm intuitive.

I'm not

someone who takes a while making point.

sorry for the blurry

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I have the heart of a dragon! And tge bodie of a chimp! Head of a human arms of a Jessie ventura.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Highland all the way.

originally posted by: MimiSiaI always mix scotch and Mr Daniels.. then a little red 5hours down the track

I need to stay away from bourbon. It makes me angry for some reason.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am a person who does not choose to be defined by characteristics and labels. I am also a person who believes that while nobody else should define me, there is often truth to both the positives and negatives of what people think or voice about me. I figure if they are thinking it and thinking it often then there must be some level of reality there.

I was asked once who I was and the answer that came to me without a conscious effort was...

"I'm a Scotch drinking man who likes Amaretto"

I took it as a notion that we are relatively fluid on all scales and extremes, while they can exist, are not permanent.

So who I? I'm just this guy trying to navigate my own icebergs. Some times I hit a few, most times I dodge.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: pfishy

The MAXIMUM speed of light, yes.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am:

- big
- fat
- furry

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm honest, cautious, and a bit immature.

I'm inconsistent, a pushover, and naive.

I'm an extremely patient person and I'm very strong (mentally).

I'm not assertive, I'm not loud, and I'm not a "social butterfly".

edit on 6/17/2015 by TealFox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join