It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to connect deeply with anyone (fun short personality test - cubes, horses, and flowers)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Okay here's the best I could come up with. The cube is dark, like a blackish/blue. It's so large that it encompasses everything to the point that the sand isn't visible. The ladder leans against it so someone could climb on top of the cube, the top of the ladder actually exceeds the top of the cube by 3-4 rungs.

It's very dark. There is no horse, there is no flowers, there is no storm, just darkness around the cube and ladder.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I always suck at these types of things.

I try to imagine things but it's never concrete, constantly shifting.

That connects directly to my response. You're absolutely correct that these type of tests won't work on anyone, nothing's perfect. You pretty much have to be either completely aware or unaware of the mechanics of your subconscious. The trick is to go with the absolute first thing that pops into your head. The images your subconscious uses are usually irrational, so the conscious mind has a strong tendency to make changes.

Even if you're aware of that tendency, it's still going to happen. When I first imagined the cube it started as I described then started changing size and moving around - my conscious mind was trying to place it based on aesthetics rather than symbology. Similarly, when I thought of the ladder my first thought was brass but it immediately changed into a wooden ladder, then aluminum, because that's usually what ladders are made of. The only image in this particular test that didn't shift for me were the flowers - they never changed and never even got placed in the scene because flowers in the desert seemed completely irrational at the time. There are flowers that grow in the desert but that didn't occur to my conscious mind for several hours.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CretumOrbis
The trick is to go with the absolute first thing that pops into your head. The images your subconscious uses are usually irrational, so the conscious mind has a strong tendency to make changes.

Again, this would only apply if an individual has a natural ability to imply an emotional and personified connection to inanimate objects, consciously or subconsciously.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

That's my point, you have no control of the subconscious, because 'you' are the conscious. It just does what it does, a mystery waiting to be solved. It is your internal clock and compass, your intuition and telepathic conduit.

Your conscious is the user, and the subconscious, the internet. You don't tell it what to do, it's just there, and it's linked to everyone else.

I must thank you for the opportunity to discuss such a deeply intricate topic in such detail. I do consider myself a bit of an expert in the field since I have, literally, been teaching it for as long as I can remember. Even and especially as a young child. I did so covertly when I first realized it wasn't 'normal', but I'm about done with that.

On that note, if anyone would like me to analyze their results I'd be more than happy to do so. Not to hijack the thread, but rather to draw attention to it. This is, by far, my favorite subject.

Edit: I wasn't going to mention it, but what the heck. I was @#$%face drunk when I wrote that!

edit on 6/6/2015 by CretumOrbis because: pride

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

You're a certified teacher of psychological studies? or you teach them to general people because you find it an interesting topic?

The Cube personality test isn't a psychological tool, it is more of a tarot-card reading type game. As I stated previously, it's also similar to a horoscope reading where - once the "meaning" of your answers are shown after you take the test - you devise what your description of each object means to you personally, making everything fit in to place, rather than being an actual genuine connection between the objects you've imagined and your subconscious psychological disposition to various wants or fears. It's to involved to be in any way accurate.

Take for example the Psychopathy Checklist written by Robert D. Hare to determine if someone has Antisocial personality disorder. I could give the list here, and everyone can do their own self evaluation in accordance to each trait in the checklist, however, self evaluation in a personality test is extremely inaccurate. It simply has to be administered by a professional.

Now, The Cube Game (to my knowledge) was conceived by Annie Gottlieb, who is not a psychologist. Although she claims it's an ancient game, although she doesn't source where it was initially conceived (or if that is just some fluff to add to it's mysticism). That right there is a bit of an offsetting discovery. All of her other books are very "spiritually inclined", so the whole tarot reading parallel is gaining a bit more favor.

Sorry, but I simply cannot find anything that suggest this concept is at all accurate, nor is there any information that suggests psychologists use it to study patience.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I have little to no respect for mental health services, in general. I know a lot of light-workers end up in that field, but it's still dominated by close-minded materialists who think they can solve your problems with pills. Anyone that thinks your physical age correlates to your mental state or that telepathy and reincarnation are just fairy tales has no business counseling anyone, because they're clearly insane.

I have no respect whatsoever for a framed piece of paper. I couldn't care less about degrees and titles, they're just meaningless labels created by and for those under the effects of amnesia. If someone needs to reference such credentials as a point in debate, they've only got one leg to stand on - and I don't mind pushing.

As out of character as it may seem, I wasn't being sarcastic when I thanked you. You've helped me articulate some things that have been weighing on my mind for some time now. I think we've both established and agreed, pretty much from the beginning, that this 'test' is only effective under ideal conditions and that someone with experience in the esoteric language of the subconscious is needed to analyze the results. I'm not terribly interested in debating the semantics of the issue, but please feel free to pick my brain on the mechanics of it.

Also, I usually refrain from correcting others' grammar but the last word in your post should be 'patients', unless you were intending it as a pun. Which is perfectly fine, of course, I love those.

Non-Sequitur PS - I'm German, I don't get hangovers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join