It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to connect deeply with anyone (fun short personality test - cubes, horses, and flowers)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here is the test:

your mind’s eye imagine a vast desert, and in the midst of the “sea of sand” there is a cube.
The first task is to describe the cube, and explain all of the details of its aesthetic, size, material, and placement in the sand.

There are no right or wrong answers; this is extremely personal to your experience. Don’t rush, and be sure to elaborate on as many key elements that come to you…the more, the better.

The next task is to visualize a ladder. Where is it in relation to the desert and the cube? Describe as many details as possible. What does it look like? Is it big or small? What color is it?

The third step is to imagine a horse in this desert. Describe the horse…its location, and its actions. Is it in motion, or is it still? If it is in motion, where is it going? How does it feel, and what kind of energy is it giving off?

Now, there are flowers present in this scene. Describe the flowers, their colors, quantity, smell, etc. Where are they, in relation to the horse, ladder, cube, and sand?

The final question is to describe a storm that is now happening in the desert. Is it affecting the flowers, horse, ladder, cube or sand? What kind of storm is it, and how does it feel? Is it heading in a certain direction? Is it near, or far?

Meanings
Do Not Read Until Test Is Completed

The meanings to the test are revealed below:

The Cube represents yourself, size represents ego (as in self-worth), its placement in the desert represents how grounded or "in the clouds" you are. The material it's made out of represents your openness.

The Ladder represents friends. If it's leaning on the cube, that means you feel your friends depend on you. Closeness to the cube represents closeness with friends.

The Horse represents your ideal mate. Is the horse near the cube? Is it walking pass the cube? If so, where to? What type of horse is it?

The Flowers represent children. How do they look? Color and aesthetic represents how you view their health/future.

The Storm represents threats. Is it near the cube or far away? Is it a huge storm? Is it approaching the storm?

I'm curious as to what other people get.

I will reveal mine in a few.
edit on 4-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Sounds interesting. I have a question. Is it a horse with no name?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My cube was iridescent and planted squarely in the sand. In the middle of the desert.The dark and wooden ladder was leaning against it and the massive horse was walking toward the ladder, cube, and flowers.
The flowers were on top of the cube and very pretty and colorful in a clear vase.

The storm was very large and coming across the desert toward the objects.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Okay, I'm not going to leave a silly comment and not do this. Here goes:

Blue wooden cube. The ladder is leaning against it. The horse is near the ladder. The flowers are dead. It's the desert and there is no water.
The storm knocks the ladder down. The horse gets scared and runs off for the hills. There is really nothing to see because sand is flying everywhere.

ETA: I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to go. I'm a realist and take things very literally.
edit on 4-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I imagined a white cube of some rock material that felt and glowed the way jade does.
My ladder was apart from the cube some distance.
My horse was amazing; he was near my ladder.
My flowers were little white pinwheels and little purple bells.
When I imagined the storm, I saw my cube with only a pinpoint of light on the corner facing the sun.
The light was red.
The rest was colored pewter by the storm.
edit on 190000000307pmb15America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sure... why not.

The cube is sort of reflective/transparent of a flexible to the touch material yet very much a solid... it is at times transparent and at times reflects the sky/land.

The ladder is an old fashioned wood one, just tall enough to reach the top of the cube which it obviously there for.

The horse is there, not tied down or saddled, just there. It has a smokey gray coat with dark black, lush mane and tail, black on the muzzle and above the hooves.

The flowers are all different sorts and dot the entire area, starting about 20 feet away from the cube... small pink, small white... like apple blossoms but on bushes... there's orchids and tiger lillies, peonies, roses... too many to describe.

Forgot the storm...

It's a wind storm, blowing sand all around but not too bad to manage.
edit on 6/4/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The cube is black, very smooth with no sharp edges, the size of a football, slightly buried and made of marble.

The ladder is far away from the cube, it's white and small, thick steps, lying on the floor at the edge of the visible desert almost completely covered in sand.

The horse is white, circling the cube, giving off a protective energy.

The Flowers are a beautiful shade of light blue, a small bunch sitting next to the cube, they smell sweet and summery.

There is a storm in the distance, huge dark violent and scary, but where the cube is, it's quiet and breezy.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

You did it correctly. Based on this, it doesn't seem like you're optimistic about the future.

Wooden cube = not easily open with others, some people see a glass cube.

The flowers are dead = concerns for the children/future generation.

Storm knocks down the ladder = not optimistic about friendships, problems can easily ruin friendships.

Sand flying everywhere = possibly huge worries

According to Emberton, “The trick here is that when asked to describe a blank, abstract entity – a cube – your imagination will tend to project its own identity onto it.”

edit on 4-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Black cube that's actually opened into space and rotating in mid-air point-down. The ladder is simple and wooden, half out and half inside the cube (thus into space). The horse is a white unicorn with flame-like hooves. The flowers are in a circle around the cube and they very in shape and size (I pictured every imaginable flower I could). The storm is all around and the rain is totally refreshing and energizing. The lightning is there (also energizing) but off in the distance. Very electric feeling everywhere.

Fun visualization, thank you for making me do it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Interesting quiz, here's my scenario:

CUBE: Small, about 6"x6". Made of dark, smoky, polished stone. It's abnormally clean and extremely intricate, with concave runes extensively across all of it's surface. The runes are lined with gold. It is laying on the surface in the dunes of the desert.

LADDER: It is about 10 feet in length. Ancient looking wood. It's extremely weathered and falling apart. It's situated hundreds of KM away from the cube, 3/4 of it is buried in the sand, tilted at a 70 degree angle.

HORSE: There's a small, vegetated water hole, almost like an oasis in the desert. It is a few hundred feet from the Cube, but also hundreds of KM away from the Ladder. The horse is a light brown in color, muscular and healthy. It is still, drinking water, peaceful and calm.

FLOWERS: Small flowers bloom in the oasis. They aren't entirely vast in number, but they are still a prevalent population in the small oasis. They are colorful, but not exceptionally intricate or exotic. They grow in small bunches and dot the oasis around the watering hole.

STORM: A terrible sandstorm is smashing into the Ladder, yet no where near the Cube, Horse or flowers. It is dark and fierce, tearing apart the exposed parts of the ladder. It is not going in the direction of the other objects.

And that is that!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here is mine.

The cube was black but slightly blue and made of metal in the middle of the desert.

The ladder was small, leaning on the cube.

The horse was shining white slightly yellow like the sun going to the oasis, east, to drink water.

The flowers were away from the cube but surrounding it and had orange diamond-shaped petals.

The storm was south-east of the cube (south of the oasis) with a lot of clouds and heavy rain and thunder.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Did this one a few years back. The lady asking the questions said i was cuckoo

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

They can go buy the book if they want to get more in depth as well. The Cube. I have a copy in my boxes that are packed for leaving for another country.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I liked my ex's one he did. Said the horse was dead in the sand. HAHAHAHAHAHHA He had no idea how dead.
second line

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Wax cube...

Red bamboo ladder

Paint horse in canter

Red sunflower

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sorry, not doing it, I'm not data for your education.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'll be your data.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I visualized it and read the answers before posting because I wasn't sure I actually wanted to respond, but I have to say, it was pretty spot on.

It was an obsidian cube spinning in the sand, and about as wide as the brass ladder right behind it.

The horse was white, and I think it was on drugs because it was grazing. In the desert.

The flowers were bluebells, I actually looked up the name.

The storm was sort of off in the distance, in a semi circle on the horizon. I'm not really sure which direction it was moving, it seemed to be stalled on the mountain range in the distance.

I added the mountain range to the original image of the desert, before adding any of the other items on the list. Not sure if that has any significance, deserts are usually near mountains.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

ROFL!!!
I should have said it better. This "seems like" the poster "may be" working on a paper, and peeps should think before replying? It's happened before.

If you're Data I get to be the orange cat.....LOLOLOL!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Here is the test:

your mind’s eye imagine a vast desert, and in the midst of the “sea of sand” there is a cube.
The first task is to describe the cube, and explain all of the details of its aesthetic, size, material, and placement in the sand.

There are no right or wrong answers; this is extremely personal to your experience. Don’t rush, and be sure to elaborate on as many key elements that come to you…the more, the better.

The next task is to visualize a ladder. Where is it in relation to the desert and the cube? Describe as many details as possible. What does it look like? Is it big or small? What color is it?

The third step is to imagine a horse in this desert. Describe the horse…its location, and its actions. Is it in motion, or is it still? If it is in motion, where is it going? How does it feel, and what kind of energy is it giving off?

Now, there are flowers present in this scene. Describe the flowers, their colors, quantity, smell, etc. Where are they, in relation to the horse, ladder, cube, and sand?

The final question is to describe a storm that is now happening in the desert. Is it affecting the flowers, horse, ladder, cube or sand? What kind of storm is it, and how does it feel? Is it heading in a certain direction? Is it near, or far?

Meanings
Do Not Read Until Test Is Completed

The meanings to the test are revealed below:

The Cube represents yourself, size represents ego (as in self-worth), its placement in the desert represents how grounded or "in the clouds" you are. The material it's made out of represents your openness.

The Ladder represents friends. If it's leaning on the cube, that means you feel your friends depend on you. Closeness to the cube represents closeness with friends.

The Horse represents your ideal mate. Is the horse near the cube? Is it walking pass the cube? If so, where to? What type of horse is it?

The Flowers represent children. How do they look? Color and aesthetic represents how you view their health/future.

The Storm represents threats. Is it near the cube or far away? Is it a huge storm? Is it approaching the storm?

I'm curious as to what other people get.

I will reveal mine in a few.

The cube is gold, the ladder is made of bamboo and is resting on the ground, the horse is a miniature horse tied to a cactus with pretty white flowers sprouting from it and there is a huge sand storm blowing in from the west, this is why the ladder is on the ground and this is why the horse is tied to the cactus!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join