It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians, Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown
While stumping the religious masses, you might also want to ask why God put souls in people only to have the physical bodies die.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

"God is Love" is a direct quote from the bible. Do you want to know Love? Do you want to live in the dwelling place of love?

I know what you have been told that the bible says about God, but I telling the truth about what the bible says about God.

It is simple, complex, easy to understand, yet impossible to comprehend.

What is physical is what effects the body.

What is spiritual is what effects the mind and soul.

Therefore out of what is spiritual it should be plain to see that the most positive spiritual experience is Love.

Therefore the most pleasing life to the spirit is one lived in the pursuit of Love.

God is Spirit, not physical.
Love is Spirit, not physical.

Therefore the most pleasing Spirit must belong to God. So God is the Spirit of Love.

This is what the bible and all other major religious texts claim.

The Holy Spirit = The Spirit of Love
God = Love.

It is spiritual, if you don't believe in spiritual, then simply believe in Love. To love mankind and do no harm to your brothers is written on your heart.

To enter the kingdom of heaven one must listen to the loving and encouraging voice within themselves. Thier is a voice within you that wants for you even better than you want for yourself.

When you have a decision to make that involves right and wrong actions, thier is always one voice of reason that directs you to do right, and when you don't listen you end up suffering full and remorse, because you have hurt someone else, or yourself.

You were taught that this voice was YOUR consciousness, something that belongs to you. This ideology is called hellinism.

The scriptures claim that only one third of your conscious belongs to you. The other two thirds are the voice of love and reason, the Holy Spirit, and the voice of selfishness, Satan. With your third you get to make the freewill choice. If you choose what is loving you will be filled with joy and happiness. If you choose selfishness you will be filled with guilt for hurting others.

Those who choose selfish actions that hurt others and fail to repent will dwell in hell, both now and later. When you seek forgiveness from the one you hurt you are reunited to Love.

It's psychology.

Do you understand your own mind?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Christians do not know the mind of God, they don't know the reason, they just have faith there is a reason. Better to have faith in something we can't understand than burn forever, right?

In my opinion that's faulty logic and the same exact tactics all of those other false religions use on their believers. Islam uses the carrot on a stick called faith to make its adherents believe in lies just as the Christian religion does with its adherents.

They're all in the same boat if you ask me.

No one knows the mind of god or gods/goddesses. And when I say that, it could also mean the Universe. I do have faith in my religion, but I cannot pretend to know the mind or machinations of what created this. The best scientists are still working it out. It is arrogant to say you 'know' what is behind all that. That is the reason for 1)Faith or 2) You just cannot know how we were created.
edit on 4-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Yet, we know we are here. Mainly. "I think therefore I am". Going on that, everything else is Faith. And you should look up the definition of faith.
edit on 4-6-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012
'Put souls in people'. That is quite the question. We have energy and we know it goes somewhere.I do happen to believe it is a 'soul' and I believe in reincarnation. You may believe it goes to heaven or nowhere. It may reunite with energy in the universe that simply supports the existence of the universe. And when I say Universe, I know there may be endless universes. One or more take a lot of energy. If I were the the creator of 'people' I may use the energy for that.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker
I like this.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Am I right that God wants you to believe in him and if you do not then you will go to Hell?

Why?

I'm already in hell..that's why I feel the need to believe..

I'm a bit of a pessimist...If I didnt believe I'd have probably offed myself by now...

And yes, I imagine Ill still be smoking in the afterlife..

Why are you in Hell? And stop smoking if it is cigarettes..that will ease the pain.
Hell is not on earth. You are important, you are cared for and you write well. You are necessary and a good person.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Very good
I love this.
Thanks.

So glad I started this thread, even if it was out of angst/jest.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch
Fair enough, thanks.
Next

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

To answer your questions about my own self relevant interests. No, you cannot smoke bong hits in quote * Heaven* because you will be a living spirit/Dark Energy being.

You have got to be kidding me, right? Pot has nothing to do with Dark Energy. Never had a negative connotation until about 1948. It is a plant grown in the ground, given by the planet.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Delusional.
Almost as bad as me.
Next.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Delusional.
Almost as bad as me.
Next.
I am delusional? First time I have ever been called that.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
While stumping the religious masses, you might also want to ask why God put souls in people only to have the physical bodies die.

Good question.
I guess one must believe in God first for this to be explored.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73
I belong to no one.
Sorry, God.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Faith. Hmmm.
Yeah, no.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

How is anyone more necessary than a mosquito?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown I believe your post to be a Troll. I am saying that sincerely and it is not a blanket statement. You don't agree with any point of view. And YES, people are more important than mosquitoes.
You are being an a**hole when you answer in context to my post to another. You started a thread that could have been useful, yet you have made it a horrible thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Faith. Hmmm.
Yeah, no.

What is "Yeah, no." It doesn't even make any grammatical sense.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: borntowatch
Fair enough, thanks.
Next

and just one more thing

I want justice, God is just

I deserve hell, no mistake, I have been given mercy

Heaven is a place where we dont choose pain, make mistakes and hurt each other, deliberately or accidently, thats Gods offer.

The other choice is being separate from God.

Heaven is not paradise because of harps clouds and naked baby angels .

Its paradise because its love and relationship and broken people, things are fixed.

Its true, most christians have had hard lives, made fearful mistakes and have a reason to desire forgiveness.
We realise we dont deserve forgiveness, relationship or help. Thats why heaven is so attractive, its a new hope.

I never had a normal happy healthy life, heaven promises a fresh start, but not just for me.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch That is a lovely post. It is peaceful. Even if I am not Christian. That FinalCountdown went offline. That was all mean stuff from him.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Trolliest thread I've ever seen...

Could have been written by the Trolly Spirit themselves.

Next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join