It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Christians, Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why is God so concerned that we believe in him so that we can be let into Heaven?

Am I right that God wants you to believe in him and if you do not then you will go to Hell?

Why?

What's going on up there in Heaven that makes it so important to God that we show up?
Is there a war going on up there that he needs a constant supply of fresh bodies for??

Why?

Can you smoke pot in Heaven? Get drunk? Have sex with random strangers? Sleep until noon? Master-bait all day in between taking bong hits?
What's the attraction?

Why should one want to go and why does God really want us to get there?

Why?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

As a person drifting off from Catholicism, its all a way to control the masses. That's why I ended up believing in the Force. The idea of a mystical energy putting the Universe together is more plausible than an invisible man in the sky.

At least the Jedi philosophy teaches us how to respect our fellow man.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you are a Jihadist suicide bomber, then all those options are definitely open.

Whether it's a long range missile or suicide bomber, ignorance is a weapon of mass destruction. - 'Faithless'

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Christians do not know the mind of God, they don't know the reason, they just have faith there is a reason. Better to have faith in something we can't understand than burn forever, right?

In my opinion that's faulty logic and the same exact tactics all of those other false religions use on their believers. Islam uses the carrot on a stick called faith to make its adherents believe in lies just as the Christian religion does with its adherents.

They're all in the same boat if you ask me.
edit on 6/4/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Why is God so concerned that we believe in him so that we can be let into Heaven?

Maybe it's not that Heaven is so great but the only alternative is so damn awful.

Think about it. What do the religious "pushers" dwell upon so much??? Not going to Hell.

Sure they say they want to go to heaven and all that. Streets paved with gold and naked flying babies playing harps(not sure what's great about that unless you're a pedo), worshiping God all day every day(not sure that's so cool either), etc.

But what they really don't want and what scares the crap out of them is Hell. Since that's the only choices they've come up with it makes it a pretty easy choice.

link   
"Can you smoke pot in Heaven? Get drunk? Have sex with random strangers? Sleep until noon? Master-bait all day in between taking bong hits?
What's the attraction? " - TheFinalCountdown This is HEAVEN!!! YES!!! Just non-stop munchies too please!!
edit on 4-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: add quote author

link   

Am I right that God wants you to believe in him and if you do not then you will go to Hell?

Why?

I'm already in hell..that's why I feel the need to believe..

I'm a bit of a pessimist...If I didnt believe I'd have probably offed myself by now...

And yes, I imagine Ill still be smoking in the afterlife..

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Why?

I'm already in hell..that's why I feel the need to believe..

I'm a bit of a pessimist...If I didnt believe I'd have probably offed myself by now...

And yes, I imagine Ill still be smoking in the afterlife..

And what are ya gonna smoke in heaven POT?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Because "God is Love".

You have to believe in love to know love.
You have to believe in love to find love.
You have to demonstrate your love for others to enter the kingdom of love.

The first command, place nothing above love in your life.

The second command. Material possession cannot fill you with love, so do not love the objects that you make with your hands.

Be grateful that God is Love, because that is why you are alive.

Are you grateful that you were given life? If you are grateful for life than pursue Love because that is why you were created.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

In the book of James it says . You do well to believe there is a God because demons believe and they shiver .Why ask a Christian your question ? Why not ask God and read His Bible . I am sure He will reveal His answer to all your questions .
edit on 4-6-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
I guess I shouldve clarified. Yes, Mary and I will continue our flight in Heaven.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well then I'm all set!
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not just pot, but the best pot ever made.
Each time you pull out a bud, it's exponentially stronger and tastier.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Because "God is Love".

You have to believe in love to know love.
You have to believe in love to find love.
You have to demonstrate your love for others to enter the kingdom of love.

The first command, place nothing above love in your life.

The second command. Material possession cannot fill you with love, so do not love the objects that you make with your hands.

Be grateful that God is Love, because that is why you are alive.

Are you grateful that you were given life? If you are grateful for life than pursue Love because that is why you were created.

Huh?
Sounds like the Care Bears tenants of joydom or something.
Makes no sense and doesn't answer my question.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
This also makes no sense.
Just Christian Mumbo jumbo.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

At the core of most religions is a nugget of a view, a path to a different perspective and view point.

Unfortunately the nature of man is to gravitate to wanting to "arrive" at understanding. It simply does not happen, it's about the layers not the whole.

What most people consider God wants nothing more than for the creation to see and understand them, and once a person does they understand the why of why this is what it is.

The what it is is this reality, the seeing brings desire for continued personal growth and flourishing which generally happens in community.

The question brings me to another question, does one often feel the need to help other? Even in a desire to help self? A natural feeling a good amount of people share by nature of what is...even to the animal kingdom in my opinion.

Is this a giant computer? Is everything fixed? Are we one among many?

Or are we a part of a body? A giant galactic "turtle". One cell...one atom...of a system..a greater one?

Denominations and names have very little true meaning...they describe what is...

There are three paths in this reality....

Follow the truth...your truth ( keep learning without judgement)and live in the now because it is what is.....

Follow spirits of things or people...

Try to follow yourself.

How to change one personal viewpoint to a better place, which has a causation to better the networks overall adjustment to a higher place is a stumbling block few religions haven't encountered...because they were people...just people that thought they could bring the change.

Judge not is something I look at daily, I find it refreshing and a whole lot of fun, but then life is all about perception.

I would offer my desire to see you and yours flourish without religious hoopla...

Many blessings!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Not just pot, but the best pot ever made.
Each time you pull out a bud, it's exponentially stronger and tastier.

AND plenty of really good honey dipped donuts from "Congdons " Rt 1 Wells, Maine.... whoopie pies too!!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well its as easy as asking if you want to go to space. Do you want to go to space? Do you want to have your body and soul embued within a quantum particle state as compressed nano Dark matter and energy?

Would you want to be a soldier protecting other human-like colonies that all serve the exact same purpose to replenish the aging souls who desperately need retirement after millions of years in service to the Trans-galatic empire?

To answer your questions about my own self relevant interests. No, you cannot smoke bong hits in quote * Heaven* because you will be a living spirit/Dark Energy being. You won't have lungs which to breath, Nore can you masterbate. No genitals to bate with. No drugs at all really. No blood stream or even a brain to simulate chemical responces as everything will be done through collective energy transfer. Will you need drugs? No.

Because you will feel the extasy of every drug combined in existance and non existance. You will feel surging power generating from nearby particles through energy vampirism. YOU WILL LITERALLY SYPHON ENERGY FROM THE UNIVERSE ITSELF In order to achieve paranormal feats of strength and power. Well at the same time, Flying around in Saucers. Actively destroying threats to our species as a whole, and feeling pretty damn good about it. Well you can play pratical pranks on colonies just like our own here. You can materialize in front of dumb humans will think assume you are a demon or some other nonsense and just screw with them until assigned to the next mission.

You will never grow tired, You will never need to eat sleep or drink. And you cannot Die.

Of course, given that life expectancy would be increased to millions of years. One would have to believe in the cause. Believe in the leader of the cause, Be morally just for the good of our species and our eternal survival in the Universe.

Because the power of becoming a living spirit is a serious thing. To bridge life and death itself. Is a serious thing.
You wanted to know the answers of why it's so important to believe in the Leader and why he needs us. Well i explained it to you. Yes humans fullfill the role as soldiers. But its more important than that. In order to be masters of all realities. Our species needs to be branched from the physical flesh and blood existance that we are experiencing right now. To the non-physical existance of the highest level of technological evolution possible.

Because if it wasn't such a way, it would just be robots. And robots have no morals. Robots only want to make more robots. They don't care about signifigance. A robot cannot look at a flower and think of beauty. A robot only knows about objectives. Nothing is sacred to a robot. Therefore, We generate sacred warriors. Spiritual warriors in all sense of the word quite literally.

Spirituality exists because of these things.
Now do you understand myson.

For those who cannot accept these truths, They either go insain and die from the Terror of our existance as humans. Or they live through the process of being human and act as the greater good of the universal society.
As engineers, As scientists, And as soldiers. Right now in our society, this colony has not been fully established for smoother transition. But it will within our lifetime. I garentee it. Because i will oversee it as well as some others. This is my purpose. For now tho i am enjoying society and the hilariousness of the corrupt nature that the flesh brings out with greed. Television is so retarded. Politics, equallity retarded. You and every other human on this planet never make the choices. Sure you can destroy things. But that only speeds up the master plan. And once the master plan is enacted there will only be 3 catagories of humans on Earth. Engineers, Scientists. And soldiers. Everyone else, well. Will go insain from the invasion process. Relocation may occure. Depending on the severity of human influence on the enviroment. There are motherships on standby. The legion of Terror is strong. And nothing can overcome the fear of the Lord. Justice will come, and when it does. All will fear the power of the Eternal.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
God created humanity for relationship.
You dont have to go to heaven, its a choice, please feel free to say no.

Heaven is not about what we get, its about who we are with.

Outside of a relationship with God there is no rest.

The whole concept of your post is "whats in it for me" thats sad

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Why?

What's going on up there in Heaven that makes it so important to God that we show up?
Is there a war going on up there that he needs a constant supply of fresh bodies for??

Why?

Can you smoke pot in Heaven? Get drunk? Have sex with random strangers? Sleep until noon? Master-bait all day in between taking bong hits?
What's the attraction?

Why should one want to go and why does God really want us to get there?

Why?
I'm not Christian, but I believe Christ lived. He is an historical figure This one God, not so sure...but isn't the answer normally .."It doesn't matter if you believe in him, he believes in you."? And that Jesus died for whatever are considered sins so that you might be saved? I did study the bible in college, I don't remember anything about pot in there, sleeping in (unless you became overly slothful because of it ), wine- though again not if it leads to slothfullness or other things. You needed people UP and AWAKE at dawn to tend to crops and animals then or your entire family may die. It does say to not 'waste your seed', but that was when we REALLY needed people to farm, build, etc. I think I can only find adultery being when one of the people involved is married- though men were allowed to sleep with servants to create heirs. These particular things related to life and death at the time. That is my literary translation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join