It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberattack Compromises US Govt Workers' Data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If you want to be secure with your data don't use the internet. This includes governments and businesses. TCP/IP needs to be re-written from scratch.

Its funny that some Russians think the internet was an invention by the Americans to spy on everyone.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
BBC article:www.bbc.co.uk...

The agency is contacting all of those potentially affected, offering to insure them against identity fraud. Of even greater concern may be the fact that security clearance information on government officials could have been targeted.

Does anyone know is said insurance is free? If not I think we have our perpetrators with their motive.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

the government has specific hardware and specific IP addresses not available to the public that are verified in the handshake process. It even has its own protocols making it almost impossible to hack lol. Basically they have their own internet. However i wouldn't be shocked given obama's stellar performance with the Health care site to sign up for obama care. Google employees had to come in and basically rewrite all the code to make the damn thing work.

let china keep on hacking we are getting closer to a quantum computer every day which would instantaneously shut down their whole country and crack any password in the matter of seconds nothing and i mean nothing connected to the internet would be safe from it. They are playing with fire. The Chinese have a unit of hackers and that's all they do all day long.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

And yet the people still believe in future of computers and technology overall.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Chinese are suspected. Looking for I.ds to counterfeit?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Payroll records, health & insurances, job frameworks & annual appraisals, next of kin details, management hierarchy, home address & contact details, current location, security clearance, religion, race & sexuality ....that's typical stuff for a government HR system.

For the US Government to lose all that is just disastrous, tbh.

To not kick back against China fr this is appeasement, pure plain & simple.

There's a Chamberlain in the White House and his name is Obama.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: freefall2020

the government has specific hardware and specific IP addresses not available to the public that are verified in the handshake process. It even has its own protocols making it almost impossible to hack lol. Basically they have their own internet. However i wouldn't be shocked given obama's stellar performance with the Health care site to sign up for obama care. Google employees had to come in and basically rewrite all the code to make the damn thing work.

let china keep on hacking we are getting closer to a quantum computer every day which would instantaneously shut down their whole country and crack any password in the matter of seconds nothing and i mean nothing connected to the internet would be safe from it. They are playing with fire. The Chinese have a unit of hackers and that's all they do all day long.

Almost impossible to hack....and yet have been hacked...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Criminy!

Well, the jig is up, the cat's out of the bag, etc.

They have all been compromised so, unfortunately, they will all need to be discharged.

Alas

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My own personal thought/worry about this is that maybe China is planning to go to war against the US, and in doing so they must "know the enemy".

I bet they know US very intimately now.

I hope that is just a worry, but I think about that kind of information and one of my thoughts is that with personal information, they can target individuals within the Gov much easier during an invasion.

I hope that is just a stupid paranoid thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Maybe the NSA should spend the resources it uses to monitor average americans to monitor the government sites for suspicious activity.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast

There's a Chamberlain in the White House and his name is Obama.

Peace in our lifetime or an high official of a royal court?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

yeah most "hacking" is an inside job im not saying that its a conspiracy the usa signed off on but is most likely a disgruntled ex employee with access to the info

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join