It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty sure we are the most selfish culture on the planet, or at least #2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Very nice gesture for you to help him out.

Do you think some of the mass shootings that have happened have been a result of poor mental health treatment?

For sure the mental health system has a lot of issues regarding mental illness. Also, wasn't there a new study out lately about how some of the prescribed medications are linked to an increased tendency towards homicide?

Devil's Advocate: Our country(yes, the US) is the most charitable in the world.

Though, agree we lack in other areas, such as helping out such as discussed, but that may be largely due to fear; lawsuits, violence, a "trap" etc. And of course that many just don't want the burden of caring, or simply just don't have the will or time to.

ps., Request to talk to your Dr. instead of any nurses, or find another one if the current is no help.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
In a word, no.

Side note: the hell are you taking the dude's picture for? Seriously?

I was thinking the same thing now the poor guy has his picture on the internet looking like that, how embarrassing for him.

Hey onequestion do the right thing and remove the pic please.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Far be it for me to miss a chance to say negative things about our society but I actually have the opposite opinion. Those in developed nations are actually more caring towards the average person. Emergency services came, rather than say they couldn't find the guy they called you back for confirmation, the store gave you some towels to help the guy, and the guy got medical treatment.

There are cultures in the world where a senior who trips and falls will find themselves beaten and then robbed for everything they have. Those of us in western nations are for the most part secure enough that we occasionally help others. In general people fear the unknown and will dismiss, dehumanize, and abuse people that aren't familiar to them. In much of North America and Europe that doesn't happen to nearly the same extent that it does in other places.

We're materialistic but that's because we have the luxury of having things in the first place, our society no matter how much the social darwinists try to make it so is not solely about survival of the fittest where the entire goal of life is to lie, cheat, steal, and harm others just long enough for you to procreate and have a younger fitter person kill you off.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's because only 1% of good # gets reported and 99% of bad # !

Congrats to keeping the 99% alive !
And the western world is civilised !

If he was in parts of Middle East he would get stoned !
And not that stoned were you lay like a lizard !

Been stoned ROCKS !

Just saying

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We are the most selfish creatures on earth. We do things out of greed not necessity. We kill for resources, power, and land. We take more than what we need to survive. We hunt for sport and not to survive. We kill the innocent and let the hungry starve. We judge, mock, and betray our fellow man. We only think of ourselves in the here and now, instead of the future of man. Look back at history, its all been done before and will sadly and likely continue.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondBlessed

Is this not a grand generalisation?

Not everyone on this planet operates in such a way. Some of us try very hard to go through life responsibly with regard to these things.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

OP, you only embarrassed the man further by taking a picture of him. I can't imagine the reason for doing so was a selfless one.
edit on 5-6-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondBlessed

That sounds more like an admission than an observation.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondBlessed
We are the most selfish creatures on earth. We do things out of greed not necessity. We kill for resources, power, and land. We take more than what we need to survive. We hunt for sport and not to survive. We kill the innocent and let the hungry starve. We judge, mock, and betray our fellow man. We only think of ourselves in the here and now, instead of the future of man. Look back at history, its all been done before and will sadly and likely continue.

Dogs also do every single thing you just mentioned.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

OP, you only embarrassed the man further by taking a picture of him. I can't imagine the reason for doing so was a selfless one.

Id also say he needs to take it down, but , Alas it looks like the OP was a hit and run, hes not come back to his own thread

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Do you think some of the mass shootings that have happened have been a result of poor mental health treatment?

Poor mental health treatment indeed. Pharma drugs are only exacerbating the issues, and are the common denominator for those who commit public shootings:

www.wnd.com...

Pharma drugs only worsen the disequilibrium. A week at the cabin is the best remedy to clear the head (IMO).

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
good for you for at least attempting to help

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
good for you for at least attempting to help

I'm starting to doubt he did anything to help the guy but take a pic.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

The problem is, a pharmacist can prescribe medications or switch them around for you.

I agree, they tend to know more specifics about medication. Hell, I had a doctor (MD) pull out a reference book to look up a medication once.

People can't know everything I suppose.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Id also say he needs to take it down, but , Alas it looks like the OP was a hit and run, hes not come back to his own thread

Sort of his thing. Dissent gets ignored.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Shamrock6
In a word, no.

Side note: the hell are you taking the dude's picture for? Seriously?

I was thinking the same thing now the poor guy has his picture on the internet looking like that, how embarrassing for him.

Hey onequestion do the right thing and remove the pic please.

Go easy, pic or it never happened right, it beautifully illustrates a man, once probably strong and proud, now at his most vulnerable with no one to help.

It would be ironic if there were another pic and thread showing the OP taking a picture under the title, poor old man photographed whilst in need of assistance, cameraman just walks away!

Good on you for helping.

Btw on my train there is a severely disabled chap and random strangers help him on and off the train all the time.

Oh and cats, selfish little fkers.
edit on 5 6 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Of course he helped the guy ... why would he make up such a story ... the paper towels he spoke of getting for the man are in the pic also
I suppose if he had not taken the pic you would say the same thing
Your remarks are as insensitive as what you accuse the OP of

Do you think this pic will go viral or remain on the backwater of the internet in ATS

Do you really think all pics of unfortunate ones should be removed from the net
Such as the young naked girl fleeing from Napalm attacks
It being one of the most powerful images against the War in Vietnam

The pic illustrates the point the OP is making and it is not as though the unfortunate guy is in full profile
Or do you like to find fault in all things for you own smug satisfication

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

So taking pictures at an accident scene is cool, right? It'd be totes cool if he took pictures of a shooting victim laying on the sidewalk? Snapping them on his cellie, mind you. Not in pursuit of getting on the cover of Time magazine.

Seems to me he isn't exactly in the same league as a war correspondent. Sorry, but to me this is no different than somebody tweeting out pictures as they creep past an accident on the side of the road.

As for the napkins: that proves what? I carry napkins in my car, my work bag, and have a stack in my desk.

The pictures prove nothing other than a very opportunistic vulture had a camera handy.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Lol smug satisfaction.

All I see is someone who had taken a picture of some guy and most likely a made up story, the op even said look how everyone took off and didn't help the poor man but I don't even see any pics of people's feet walking away.

What I do see is the same ol complaint from the poster on how life is so unfair and poor me blah blah blah.

Why hasn't the op defended his thread?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is a very deep and nuanced look at culture. You have deepened and elucidated my thoughts on culture which I hadn't really dissected in the way you just did. You'd get an applause if I could hand them out but a star will have to do.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join