It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
How have I never noticed that Zaphod is a moderator?

Its the crystal ball. It hypnotizes you.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's been said many times before, but here goes again.

Nothing that is actioned by a moderator, barring a blatant T&C violation, is done without discussion. Sometimes a lot of discussion. Everything done by any mod is seen by every other mod. The rest of the board doesn't see it, but there is accountability at every step.

If that's the case, then how did I manage to get an applause from one mod, and a post ban from another... over the same comment? You guys can be quite confusing sometimes.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
How have I never noticed that Zaphod is a moderator?

He relishes the position more than most, so ya, how did you not notice..?

BTW - another great thread from our beloved staff...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

This will apply to all corners of ATS, in all realms of discussion including race, religion, sexual identity, political affiliation, nationality, etc.

Strong opinions are expected and they are welcome!

You forgot to list 'species', we have a pets forum now!

Great speech.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

This is why contacting the mods in question is a good thing. It can clear up any confusion.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Mods must be doing a good job, because I don't see a lot of problems.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

"Yah let's go crucify that 66 year old Christian grandmother in Arkansas!"

Oops wrong thread...

Your a riot...
edit on 4-6-2015 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
To be fair I always thought the site was moded pretty fairly. I mean look at me. I haven't been post banned once yet. Not even by zaphod. Although im sure there have been petitions to do so but I think mystik keeps throwing their vote. Thanks dude.

edit on 4-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's nice the ATS PTB have given everyone leeway to ask questions and apparently "vent". Much like any decision I don't think every contingency can be covered and answered satisfactorily since they haven't happened under the new rules yet?
It still all boils down to one thing.

Not your website not your rules.
We're ALL guests here.

Accusing the Mods of bias on the open forum is out of line when it could have been handled in PM's but again, JMO.
Everywhere else on the internet it is handled that way.

This kind of discourse is why I don't post much anymore. Most questions have been asked & answered.
Multiple times BTW.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

A very simple way to put this as far as I am concerned is that rule we were all taught in grade school, at least the school I went to, the Golden Rule! Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

I realize I may be a newbie, but I did just read the entire T & C rule book.

Seems pretty clear cut and it seems that it was well thought out and it reads like an attorney wrote it!

Really, though it is so simple. Treat others with respect and if you do not have something nice to say you should just keep your mouth shut or in this case sit on your hands and resist the temptation to reply on a subject if you do not like the content.

I have been on many other like minded sites and so far from what I witnessed this one seems to be a pretty cool place to share things. It is a private site so they do have the right to refuse service to anyone they deem is not worthy.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It took me 5 pages in to finally get what the mods are saying. They are after those guys that make comments that are censored for extreme T&C violations, the posts we never see too often because they get cut pretty quickly.

I've made a comment or two that were removed, but they were never that extreme. One was a dirty comment and another was mean spirited. The mean comment was crude and pretty hateful, I actually regret it, but even though I think it was a less hateful response compared to the post that instigated it, I know that I'm better than that.

Being better than that reactionary hate that can prompt a nasty comment to surface and reach the keyboard, that's what they are getting at. Try to express your opinion, but restrain the emotions by not letting your buttons get pushed.

Of course if your opinions are intolerant, bigoted or racist, then you're out of luck no matter how politely you debate your opinions.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Here's the deal as we described it a couple years ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are incapable of understanding this updated thread read the old one linked above . If you can't "get it" from either of them call one of your old teachers or professors and have them explain it to you.

Short of that, if you continue to be a bigoted asshole on ATS your account will be banned from posting.

Clear enough?

I certainly hope so.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CretumOrbis

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

This will apply to all corners of ATS, in all realms of discussion including race, religion, sexual identity, political affiliation, nationality, etc.

Strong opinions are expected and they are welcome!

You forgot to list 'species', we have a pets forum now!

Great speech.

I think it was implied by the usage of etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's probably a good idea to just give a reminder like this once in a while.
I've always liked ats especially for the active moderation, and yet I have seen that if I have been spending some time on other sites where people are really hostile, I'll have a tendency to come back here a bit more snappy and snarky then usual. Did that yesterday. I need a reminder to leave that at the doorstep, because that is what makes this a good place to have meaningful and educative discussion!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I feel the same way when I read those things and that is precisely why I do not mod in religious forums. All the mods here do mod themselves in certain ways. There are things that make me see red and they are mostly religion based so I generally do not even read those forums and I definitely do not mod them unless something hugely blatant pops up. Why do that? Because I am human and I want to make sure that I do not go off willy nilly and delete things or action members simply because religion is a super touchy subject for me. I do not want to punish anyone here because of that.

All mods do this. All mods also try and make sure that one single mod doesn't have to continually action one single member. Unless there is something just way out there, no mod will action one member 10 times in a row. We constantly try to make sure we are not perceived as picking on any one member. As other mods have stated, every mod action is seen by all of us.

I also am not aware of any mods who have never been actioned. We all know what it feels like and none of us take joy in it. In the end there will always be those who feel they have been wronged and there will always be those who feel like they are getting picked on... All ATS can do is reiterate what we actually do and move on.

There is a reason that we depend on the T&C's... If we go strictly by those then no one can play favorites and no one can delete things simply because they don't agree with them. It has to violate an actual T&C to be removed.

It's also been said so many times that it should be etched in stone by now... If you see something that needs to be looked at, hit your alert button and someone will look into it. Don't reply to it because you may be the only one actioned in the end if the original is not actionable. We can't read and see everything posted here so if you don't report it, you really can't complain that it was left standing.

This certainly isn't all directed at Stormdancer (not really past they 1st sentence ) but as usual I got slightly carried away. Everyone has said not to post things that YOU wouldn't say to your mother/grandmother hoping to make the message clearer. If you have any questions after that lets try it another way... If you wouldn't want someone else talking to your mother/grandmother in the same way that you are talking to another member... You should likely keep it to yourself and save yourself some trouble.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Notice how one group think it is targeted against them?.
As usual lol.
I applaud this from ATS, now I just gotta sneak in ATS bunker all ninja like and find this list
lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wow, what's the beef?

People who own site say don't do something - You either listen to them or leave.

This isn't a life dependent organisation or an infringement of our human rights... It's a program on the internet, that is all... It's barely even real!

I'm the first to admit I can be abrasive, insulting, short tongued - well if I get banned I get banned - that's completely down to the site owners.

Do they favour people? Well, ask yourself the question - does it really matter? Or maybe ask how you would honestly behave in the position of a MOD.

If it is so heart breaking to you that your posts on the internet are being censored then it says more about you than the site.
edit on 5-6-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You can't argue with stupid. They will just beat you with experience.

Oh thank you so very much for that line , already locked in and ready to use . Not here of course .

Sorry of topic .

edit on 5-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

And I would just like to add that a-holes can be easily spotted no matter what their country of origin is. It's a universal trait.

That being said, you might want to re-think the usefulness of the rant forum.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What about specie hate? for example cats? Butcher will sure be mad If he can't hate on cats

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join