It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

You talking about ISIS and the NAZI's and Tenths's thoughts on that aspect in relation to the T&C pointed out in the OP?

edit on 4/6/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

How is not agreeing with someone, " hate "? I thought that was termed as a disagreement. Also, isn't this website about discussing world issues and how to fix them? I think mentioning something that is off topic and directed towards someone in a negative way you could consider that " hateful ".

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is he busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest? Thats always the true test of busyness.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

He makes the one legged man look like he's sitting around doing nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't hate you,remember my thread for your 50th birthday?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This post has been approved by grandma mamabeth!
Another good one... would you want your kid's or
parents seeing what you post? With me,I don't want
my husband seeing what I post!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

You talking about ISIS and the NAZI's and Tenths's thoughts on that aspect in relation to the T&C pointed out in the OP?

I am talking about differences, using that example.

Zaphod reinforced my point.

In spite of the moderators opinions of themselves, there is a decided slant here that is shared among the moderators.

Of course, that is my particular perspective, but reading the responses to this thread, I am not the only one.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

There is no slant. We moderate by the T&C. That's it. If a concensus of mods agree, it's actioned. If not, it's not. It's that simple. The only exceptions are obvious and blatant violations.

We can't make it any clearer. The staff come from all different backgrounds, and beliefs.

You can believe there's a slant, but as long as you don't break the T&C then your posts won't be actioned.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

How is not agreeing with someone, " hate "? I thought that was termed as a disagreement. Also, isn't this website about discussing world issues and how to fix them? I think mentioning something that is off topic and directed towards someone in a negative way you could consider that " hateful ".

Precisely my point.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good gosh, if ya'll wanted me to stop using the term "libtard", you could've just sent me a PM or something.

Also , since when do we get to question post removals? I'm pretty sure there's a big bold statement at the bottom of the message that reads "Do not respond to this U2U".

If that's changed then I sure do have a few questions for the mod that's been trolling me.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There is no slant.

The staff come from all different backgrounds, and beliefs.

You can believe there's a slant, but as long as you don't break the T&C then your posts won't be actioned.

Don't buy it. My experience here is contrary to what you state.

I'm not the only one.

The T&C is subjectively enforced by subjective humans.

My point is not so much directed at the moderators, as the concept of 'moderating' discussion.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
In spite of the moderators opinions of themselves, there is a decided slant here that is shared among the moderators.

Of course, that is my particular perspective, but reading the responses to this thread, I am not the only one.

Well, if I were to tell you that the leadership of ISIS are Saddams' displaced generals trying to win back power after Gulf War II and that I can almost understand why they're fighting, would you think I was pro-ISIS?

Also, If I were to say that the Paris Peace Talks in 1919 are directly responsible for the rise of Fascism in Europe and that I can also understand why they decided to make some European 'elbow room", would you think I was pro-Hitler?

Are these two opinions, which I propose I do hold, does that, according to the T&C's, make me a supporter of ISIS and Naziism and get my posts removed?

Isn't the topic of hate a little more complicated than that? Does it make me a hater of America or just displeased by her actions abroad?

edit on 4/6/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I've been behind the scenes for a while now and have seen just about every situation you can name. It may appear to you that there is a slant, but there isn't. I've seen some discussions that have taken five pages or more to finally action or not action a post.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

There is no slant.

The staff come from all different backgrounds, and beliefs.

The T&C is subjectively enforced by subjective humans.

That's right. Only Robot Americans should be hired as mods. Not any pesky humans with subjectivity.

Just kidding. I think you mods do a pretty great job. I have seen the rise of hate filled speech since I have been here. In all honesty there have been certain threads I go into. See what is being posted and just leave without saying anything. Its just not worth it, if the level of discussion has degenerated to a certain point.

But, I also have not been here that long, around a year now, and have seen a post by the mods similar to this. That did not really curb anything. So lets hope this time it sticks and is applied evenly.

Do not be discouraged by what anyone says. Keep up the good work mods.

edit on 4-6-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

That happened to me on a post where I quoted a scripture from Obadiah, in the Bible. But I got a message telling me why it was deleted and that plagiarizing wouldn't be tolerated, and I guess that was a warning.

It all got straightened out, when I pointed out the fact that I had put the book chapter and verse of the scripture I was quoting, and never even dreamed of acting like it was something I wrote. I think the moderator didn't understand it was in the Bible, and he was told by someone else I was plagiarizing, for some reason, and just didn't look closely enough.

After I asked for proof of my plagiarizing, and denying the accusation, the moderator turned around and said I hadn't, but I needed to put it into the [q] thingy.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I've been behind the scenes for a while now and have seen just about every situation you can name. It may appear to you that there is a slant, but there isn't.

Understood.

Understand that new members offer a fresh perspective on the thing you have gotten used to.

Or don't, and keep telling those who disagree with you that they are wrong because they're not privy to your private threads.

The idea that you guys go on for pages and pages is telling in itself.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Just like members the staff has a lot of different views and beliefs.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
How have I never noticed that Zaphod is a moderator?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Whites, Christians, and males will still be fair game though right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join