It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phantom Timeline. Are we really living in the 1700s?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Surely they must have thought about the Chinese history? The Tang dynasty were in power during this period (ad 618–690 & 705–907, were the Chinese in on the cover up as well? I dont think so....
Maybe they have a point about 'fictionalising' or creating a bit of spin about past historical events. Shakespeare was a good proponent of this, putting the Plantaganet dynasty (mainly Richard III) in a negative light.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kansas
lol didn't you know that only white european history counts....?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: mikegrouchy

where did you get that nutso graph?

Here is a link to a summary page about New Chronology. Apparently some of it is written by Garry Casparov (former Chess Grand Master). It has a couple of these "nutso graphs" similar to the one above.
gnosticliberationfront.com / new tradition

Here is another one of their arguments called Civilizing Events.

Hope that helps!

Mike Grouchy
edit on 4-6-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Does this mean the Pope won't be announcing E.Ts exist tomorrow??

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Fabricating history is not a new concept. Keeping track of time either. Keeping track of the stars and constellations is an old practice as well.

Incorporating the names of constellations in your account of history can be done to give the false impression that something was of a certain time, if one holds the knowledge and it seems some did a long long time ago.

So who knows, if we thought about it, it is very possible someone from the past did as well.

My question would be, what would be the goal ? To confuse our origins? If I want to go north and don't know where it is anymore, am I moving in the right direction?

How can we verify that one cultures history really happened at the same time as another? How can we know nothing was added or retracted to make it fit?

I always say history = his story. The one who is in control of now imposes his story. If we don't know where we came from, how can we know where we are going?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

perhaps the dark ages weren't really as dark as we have been taught in school?
just some places not all

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

We may have to wait another 300 years.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hmm...

Well didnt Something Happen from that time from 6** to 9**

In the Middle East As well

you know.

The Land of Knowledge and the Biggest Information Center in before and between those Times ??

then in 900 .. Something Snapped! a Big Game Change it just MAY of had to do with Something about Religion

Muhammad ... Quaran to 900

Islam and Europe Timeline (355-1291 A.D.)
www.thelatinlibrary.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They must have been very powerful to also make people in Asia invent the same things at the same time, with no communication.

MAGIC.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Holy Crapolie, Bat man! I ain't waiting:

** standing on tall stool ringing annoying toned bell. **

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!...In honor of His Emminnence Pope Francis of Arlene....ExtraTerrestrials are here. They ironed my royal robe, polished my shoes, and said something about worlddestructioncommencinginwakeofjadehelmfifteen...

Ordero Dominoes with spirits of sangria!

(no offense of anyone's religious convictions intended)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm reminded of the words of a song "does anybody really know what time it is, does anybody really care" ...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If this were true there would be a discrepancy between the Chinese/Jewish calendars and the Western calendar, which there aren't.

Also, after reading the Wiki on it, I have to agree that the Islamic timeline of the Prophet Muhammad and Islamic Expansion would also have to be fake...which it obviously isn't.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Interesting theory. None of us were around back then, so none of us can say for sure whether or not it happened. Before video cameras and photography were invented, there was literally no way to prove anything happened ever unless you witnessed it (or it left a discernible trace). That's pretty profound if you think about it. Our entire civilization's cultural identity and story relies pretty much entirely on the hearsay of ancestral generations who were just as flawed and even more ignorant about the world and the natural forces that governs it than we are.

edit on 5/6/2015 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I was under the impression we could precisely calculate dates due to the procession of the stars/planets.

It's one crazy theory, that's for sure. Can we all agree to change the calendar again and party like it's 1999?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I find it very interesting that Lugus represented to the Gauls what the equivilent to the Roman's Mercury. He was the god of trade and commerce, travelers, and from whom all art flows.

Perhaps the one purpose was to strip away a cruicial piece of their heritage. I could not even speculate as to why.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang

Perhaps the one purpose was to strip away a cruicial piece of their heritage. I could not even speculate as to why.

Me either. The effect, on the other hand...

Stripping away a crucial piece of heritage
has the same effect as keeping a bonsai tree with trimmed roots.

A smaller, ornamental, easy to manage version of it's former self.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here's a historic period from antiquity which before/after is a distinct era...

en.wikipedia.org... (Library of Alexandria)

The library itself stood 300 years.
edit on 6-6-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

lol was anything we were taught in school true?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

What if much of history was basically made up or severely altered somehow, whether by ignorance or design?

It's being made up right now. Look at what right wing America is doing to our history. Removing the enlightenment's influence on the founding of America and replacing it with theocracy and free- market capitalism which didn't really even exist at the time. Texas is removing Thomas Jefferson, one of the most important founding fathers, because he wasn't a Christian.

Also, this is similar to a story I saw once about yet another russian scholar who says that the events of the bible were made up by medieval priests.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
originally posted by: CB328

Texas is removing Thomas Jefferson, one of the most important founding fathers, because he wasn't a Christian.

Whaaaaa? LOL where did you read that? the onion I hope, can't be real.

edit on 6-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join