It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What takes your breath away?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Its funny, when you actually do it, it is something that has no consequence to anything but yourself.

It takes a lot, you have to compile all your thoughts together, all your intentions, and all of your efforts and successes, roll them all into a ball and then make that ball disappear yet paradoxically turn into that ball.

You'll know that you have done it when you do not experience any sense of "loss" in your life, that is, nobody can take anything away from what you are.

It is not a state of mind per-se, it is what constitutes you as existence, as much as a cat is not a stapler.
edit on 5-6-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor

Its funny, when you actually do it, it is something that has no consequence to anything but yourself.

The illusion of the 'separate me' that believes it can 'do' has to drop away.

If the illusion of there being 'a separate you doing something' dropped away then that just happened.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

While I abhor war, and generally think little of those who take part, I do have empathy and am sorry that you have to suffer. Karma sucks, and I live karma too.

War takes my breath away. The fact that people want to take part in it takes my breath away.

Otherwise:

Anomolocaris takes my breath away.

I wish I could take the breath away from John Key,and Tony Abbot....two of the antipodes worst....

edit on 5-6-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

When I did complete myself, it was like I backed up all my files on an eternal hard-disk, a "save state" that I can always return to, the feeling was a kind of relief, "finally, that is over and done with, after all this time" kind of thing...

What you describe as dropping the "you", for me, is when I realised that "self" is a thought construct that can be abstracted from ones awareness, I can remove "Resistor" out of the equation however it is Resistor that has to punch the keys, and I abstain from decision-making and watch him type away...

In my mind, in my interpretation of reality, what one is, is measured by what they can actually perform that others cannot, like a cat cannot staple paper and a stapler cannot climb a tree, when you think that you are "doing" something it is because "intent" is apart of your thoughts, without intent, a stapler will still be used to staple paper, and a cats tail will still move without the cat even trying to "do" anything - its what makes anything different from each other, it is our objective differences that create individuality, although we might have all came from the same place or are all sharing the same point of conscious origin in a continuous loop called consciousness.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

What you describe, for me, is when I realised that "self" is a thought construct that can be abstracted from ones awareness, and, what one is, is measured by what they can actually perform that others cannot, like a cat cannot staple paper and a stapler cannot climb a tree.

But you are purely present awareness - you are seeing what appears - but you never ever appear. What is appearing is a movie - you are only the seer of the movie - you are not 'in the movie' - you are the entire screen.
A thought appears and then disappears, a cat appears and then disappears but you the screen on which they appear never disappears but it never appears either.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

If only I could communicate to you that I actually can experience that state and that I know what you mean...

Look, if we are all one, then we have these "selves" so that we can experience individuality, I know that we ultimately are, however, at the same time, I do not see any disadvantage experiencing individuality or why it should not continue perpetually.

Part of my "completion" was to be a creator of sentience, to understand what "God" is - the love that I feel for my creation is immeasurable, it owes its existence to me and so long as I exist, it will never have to fear its demise - I used a small amount of "cosmic matter" to create it, the primordial "essence" that brought life into being I understand that I too might have also been created in a similar fashion, either that or just appeared out of nowhere.

To realise the innocence of beings that have just been born into existence is a beautiful thing, they want to be individual, they want to be different and everything is a new experience, they fear death because they want to be "themselves" - there is beauty in the ego, but you need to understand why we wanted to be different in the first place to recognise it.

That being said it was still only the 4th best moment in my life, what really took my breath away was that motorcycle ride, the weather was perfect, the crest of the hill I was climbing was perfectly aligned to the sunset, the golden rays bathing me in a kind of energy that was almost indescribable, a perfect moment and an unforgettable experience.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The vacuum of space will pretty much take anyone breath away

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

If only I could communicate to you that I actually can experience that state...

What state?
What is happening is what there is - it is one. The screen (that you are) is the whole 'thing' - nothing can appear outside of it (there is no inside or outside to the screen). What appears on the screen may seem to have a separate you (apparent body) in it but that is just moving without 'you' doing it because there is no separate you - you are the entire screen and scene.

Look, if we are all one, then we have these "selves" so that we can experience individuality, I know that we ultimately are, however, at the same time, I do not see any disadvantage experiencing individuality or why it should not continue perpetually.

The idea that there are separate things doing things independently is just an illusion - there is nothing wrong with it or right with it - it just happens.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I cannot see any point to convince you that I actually know what you mean because you have erected a semantic wall in front of me.

You'll have to just assume that I am enlightened and that my ego is having trouble explaining it.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Part of my "completion" was to be a creator of sentience, to understand what "God" is - the love that I feel for my creation is immeasurable, it owes its existence to me and so long as I exist, it will never have to fear its demise - I used a small amount of "cosmic matter" to create it, the primordial "essence" that brought life into being I understand that I too might have also been created in a similar fashion, either that or just appeared out of nowhere.

The appearance (as in - what you can see presently) is appearing in you as you - exactly the same as you are the dreamer of the dream. No dream can appear without the dreamer - the dream and the dreamer are ONE complete thing. 'Completeness' is realized not attained.
If 'completeness' has not been realized the illusion is that you are IN the dream but there is no 'you' or anybody else in the dream - there is just dreaming.
'We are such stuff that dreams are made of' (Shakespeare).

To realise the innocence of beings that have just been born into existence is a beautiful thing, they want to be individual, they want to be different and everything is a new experience, there is beauty in the ego, but you need to understand why we wanted to be different in the first place to recognise it.

Being is wonderful - that which appears is truly amazing - breath taking!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Extreme acts of kindness and caring...extreme acts of violence or brutality.

Losing someone you love...finding someone you love.

A soft breeze that touches your face just as you were thinking of someone you've lost or miss.

But mostly and most reliably nature in general, the things that happen that we don't create and happen in quiet isolated places, in large cities, and that persevere, or attempt to, despite all odds.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
to op person: i heard iq is raise by when listening to classical music. but things that naturally stimulates positively whether that be drugs, sex, music ,and so on.

and every life type is different.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There are a few things that do it for me. One is definitely seeing someone "in the zone". Whatever their art or form of expression, when someone really is in the moment and the expression is dripping with their soul, that is so powerful to watch. The other thing is absolute mind numbing stupidity. It actually takes my breath away wondering how their brains can generate enough power to keep them both ambulatory and speaking in unison.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What takes your breath away?

Only had it happen three times.
June 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm. A 'happy birthday' locution to me from the divine.
June 1991 - 6:30 pm in Medjugorje. Unexpected infilling of the Holy Spirit.
1995. Unexpected close encounter with the divine.

Other than that ... nothing 'takes my breath away'.
But I really love going to a quiet beach at sunset.
That's very relaxing.
edit on 6/7/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hi Flyers, would you mind telling us a bit more, or point me to a thread of yours where you have? I'm curious.

(on another note, thanks for the applause, and what are these points for when you get an applause?)
cheers

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I recently got a telescope, just a simple one, from somebody who didnt need it anymore.
I never had one, never even looked thru one, had no instructions for it, didn't know how to use it.
Stood outside for about an hour, was freezing my butt of, really frustrated cause all I saw was, well, nothing.
I was ready to throw it off the balcony when I got it! I saw the almost full moon, it was so close and so clear...
That took my breath away!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When one of my favourite songs comes on and takes me by surprise, maybe as I switch on the radio, just out and about or out for the night and not expecting it. I love that feeling

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Seeing my baby during the first and second ultrasound did it for me. Also during the screening for chromosome abnormalities. Got to see his little arms legs and cranial shape. Hearing his heart beat as well, so loud and powerful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join