It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What takes your breath away?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

there are those brief moments in life that have the power to take our breath away.

Space exploration, and driving in traffic.

One is awesome, the other awe-ful. I gasp a little more while driving.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
women, philosophical revelations, nature, comedy, and when I realize how perfect everything is.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The lightening we had last night was breath taking! It came from a very slow moving front that started about 9 pm and lasted until the wee hours of the morning. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much.

The lightening was like indirect lighting and lasted way longer than stroke, and the thunder that followed shook the ground and you could feel it in your chest.

Amazingly, though, the power never even blinked, not once!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What takes my breath away, literally?
Well, there was that time i seen a mushroom cloud in the sky while checking my mail box.That literally took my breath away. Turns out it was a rocket test of some sort. I think i felt my heart stop too.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Toddlers when they are eating Cherrios or Goldfish. Their little fingers with translucent baby skin that move like starfish. They are so careful with their movements and each piece is a new, delicious discovery. So joyful and innocent. Makes me remember the things that are pure and good on this Earth.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A YouTube music video that was a compilation of satalite footage of the Earth at night. The Northern lights were the main focus with a few lightning storms thrown in. It was breath taking. I hardly even listened to the song which was the original reason I had clicked on the video. For some reason it touched me in a deep way. All our problems seemed so small as I watched continent after contiment and city after city slip by. For a few minutes, it made me feel more united with mankind than I had ever felt before.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This photo

I took that a few months ago and the folks on the beach felt the same way, the photo does not do the vista justice.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Generally every time I catch a glimpse of the full moon, I live in a big city and when I look up at night and find its a full moon I get entranced by it even with all the light pollution and buildings around me.

Sometimes when someone I don't particularly like does something unexpected like simply being honest or a voluntary and genuine good action, it reminds me of the basic humanity in each one of us, that's enough for me to stop me on my tracks, but maybe I'm very sensitive that way.

Elephants. They are amazing,
Whales, ditto. Basically any massive creature I guess,

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
allergy throat closing.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I do not know if this has been addressed, but the act of listening to music uses the whole brain. The brain is partitioned off - one part for thinking, another for doing, etc. But music ... well, music is "God's little reminder that there is something else beside us; in this universe, harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars.." - Robin Williams.

As for what takes my breath away.. there are billions of things. Trillions. You just have to go outside and decide to experience it all. I cannot say it is easy, but it can be done...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Nature, animals, art, poetry...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Great question!

What takes my breath away is any moment there is recognition that we all arise in and as the Radiance of Absolute Light and Love.

I also enjoyed what TNMockingbird said about her child - they have a way of just melting the heart in sheer delight.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Astronomy does it for me. I have an 8" Dobsonian with a good Barlow and the Andromeda Galaxy is awe-inspiring. I look at it and wonder if there is another civilization swirling around It like ours and then think there are billions of these objects...billions of galaxies all moving around this reality / universe with the potential for life. Amazing!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You are a beautiful writer. I call this feeling of having my breath taken away "magic" in the purest sense and like you, it often happens listening to music, or sometimes basking in the depths of my thoughts. My most cherished beliefs... the love that I have for my friends... the space between spaces... that is where I feel it.

It's hard to relive it, and thus remember the nuanced triggers. But I'd say it's easiest for me to get there by listening to certain songs that perfectly capture my feelings or thoughts on very meaningful matters. Even then I don't feel like that description does it any sort of justice. Another thing is video games, specifically JRPGs that have guided me through life. I listen to their music and remember the mythological figures that inspire me to the foundations of my soul and I feel that magic.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This.
This takes my breath away.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
COPD from Desert Storm and acts of unbias kindness from those who are nominally hostile to it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My own amazement of how awesome I am, has left me rather brain dead from the lack of oxygen.

I've also kind of know what it like to have your soul crap itself too.

edit on 4-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have a "thing" where I can rate my experiences, they are "ranked" among "the best moments in my life" - this list is constantly changing, however if I am going to be plain here, the #1 at the moment was a fantastic motorcycle ride that I took as the sun was setting, number #2 was when I finally got an awesome computer game to run on my system after much perseverance, #3 was the awesome dump that I took at the university library and #4 was when I attained perfection.

edit on 5-6-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Picture of my Lady who is abroad

edit on Fri, 05 Jun 2015 04:50:11 -0500America/Chicago115005America/Chicago6302015f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
#4 was when I completed myself.

#4 was when I attained perfection.

How did 'you' do that?

<< 1    3 >>

join