It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Toilet Brush That Actually Works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I had a whole other rant written but ditched it. It was all bah humbug crap and deserved to be junked.

But I'm a gonna rant anyway.

I just want a tool, for the task at hand, that will actually work and not die after looking at it before using it to actually do the job. A toilet brush is one. Not unlike a body brush that I recently had to search high and low for, why is it so difficult to get a simple tool for a simple task?

I've bought four ear/eye/nose trimmers recently to try and replace the generic one I bought 11 years ago. Three have died after one or two uses(no joke) and the fourth is a joke so I'm sending it back.

Crikey, I've spent so much money over the years on remixed, remastered, redone however the heck music but that's obsession and while I don't necessarily like it, it is what it is. At least that music did work the first time around(well, Rush's Vapor Trails has some 'splainin' to do) so why can't I get something that works at least a few times before dying?

I'd almost be happy( and how sad is this) that I'd like to buy something that almost works for a few months and I'd almost feel like I spent my money wisely. Frikkin' brainwashing at work, I tells ya.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nice rant, I feel your pain.

Wait till the TPP passed, you won't be able to clean TP outa the toilets with the brushes to come.

Reminds me of the garage door opener and bathroom fan I just bought from Home Depot with a 6 month lifespan.

They are selling out to the lowest bidding manufacturers with $3 an hour workers, maintaining the prices from the previously well built crap, and pocketing the difference.

That saying "I can't afford to be cheap" comes into play here, when I have to buy products at the same price 4 times over.

Infuriating

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
A toilet brush is one of the sickest most disgusting inventions known to man.

It sits there in its little pod leaking browned water and gathering bacteria. Its stiff bristles offering a home to the skat which previously clung to the inner walls of the toilet, like the stripes of a tiger yet less beautiful and more pungent.

Get a big rubber glove on, wipe it clean, bin the sponge/cloth instantly.

You can ram yer toilet brush were the sun...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

(Language)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

A toilet brush is one of the sickest most disgusting inventions known to man

Ha! Hahaha!

Ever heard of a port-o-potty?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

A horrendous memory of a festival and a portaloo springs to mind. Opening the door to be greeted by....

Uh.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You can stop right there.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I've not had problems with toilet brushes in terms of service life but I Just wish I could by with a one metre handle so i dont have to get my face down into the bowel and smell all those aromas get all those ticks in my face when I clean the toilet.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who can see the issue with product quality with just about everything these days. In 2004 I brought an electric razor for $160 and stopped using it in early 2014 because the cutters were blunt. I brought a new cordless razor in 2014 for $100 and I've now got the 2nd set of blades in it. In the shop, a new set of blades were $80.00. The hist is that rather than by a new cutter, I buy a new razor with new blades in it for another $100.00.

The razor I brought in 2004 cost me $180 divided by 10 years =$18.00 per year. A new razor for another $100 x 1 razer per year for 10 years = $1,000.00

The point of this is
a) I think this is a conspiracy to keep us spending, spending and spending in order to keep us broke.

b) last night there was a thread about the growth of the human population but as we can see from my razor experience, and there are millions other similar experiences, the issue is not population growth but the waste of natural resources due to deliberate poor quality products which besides keeps us broke, consumes more of the worlds resources.

However, why do I suspect that neither of these points I'm making, poor quality products and unnecessary waste of natural resources, will ever see the light of day when it comes to the population debate.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

You are not alone. I see exactly what you do.

I do pity us as a species.

Enlightened. Civilized.

My buttocks.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I had a whole other rant written but ditched it. It was all bah humbug crap and deserved to be junked.

But I'm a gonna rant anyway.

I just want a tool, for the task at hand, that will actually work and not die after looking at it before using it to actually do the job. A toilet brush is one. Not unlike a body brush that I recently had to search high and low for, why is it so difficult to get a simple tool for a simple task?

I've bought four ear/eye/nose trimmers recently to try and replace the generic one I bought 11 years ago. Three have died after one or two uses(no joke) and the fourth is a joke so I'm sending it back.

Crikey, I've spent so much money over the years on remixed, remastered, redone however the heck music but that's obsession and while I don't necessarily like it, it is what it is. At least that music did work the first time around(well, Rush's Vapor Trails has some 'splainin' to do) so why can't I get something that works at least a few times before dying?

I'd almost be happy( and how sad is this) that I'd like to buy something that almost works for a few months and I'd almost feel like I spent my money wisely. Frikkin' brainwashing at work, I tells ya.

Its all metaphysical. How much intent and effort are you going to put into producing products when you are working in a factory in China as a slave for all intents and purposes. Pay your wage slaves a decent wage and your products will improve.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Tough crowd OP. No flags yet? S & F for you dear OP . Is it me or is this world getting more f$cked up every day? Three cheers for you!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hi Op!
Yes a rant we can all relate to, built in obsolescence is a pain, but it keeps money flowing (outward) and that is a very difficult stream to dam.

Apologies but when I read this.......

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I pictured you like this!

ps. lovin' the avvy!
RJD was a giant ...RIP.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Could it be because companies cut corners on materials to save a $1, theres not pride in work nowadays, or therything is made over seas?
I feel the pain.
Ive seen these things called drull brushes. You can make one with a round scub brush with bristles and a bolt and nut. Pretty easy DIY.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Funny. What's even funnier is except for the eyebrows, the nose hairs and, for some bloody reason the damned ear hair(who thought this up and why are they not in serious trouble?) I'm nearly a hairless guy.

Anyway, I realize this situation won't change but I had to rant about it. I looked for hair trimmers on Amazon. Nothing there. I've been to many stores looking for something but will have to keep looking, I guess.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Tough crowd OP. No flags yet? S & F for you dear OP . Is it me or is this world getting more f$cked up every day? Three cheers for you!

How do we give flags? I sometimes see posts worthy of them.
thanks

new topics

top topics

join