It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I do enjoy reading how you paint the picture.

"kid", "try to sound", he was 20 so an adult and he was "street" so didn't have to "try" to sound anything.

Listen again (without the false narrative, if possible) and you'll see the adult walk away as soon as he sees the officer approach. He responds to the officer so that destroys the whole "earphone/didn't hear theory. When told repeatedly to show his hands he say "na'h fool" which is "street" for "no". His being shot was the culmination of these events not the singular event of rapidly pulling his obscured hands from his waistband towards an officer responding to a call of people with a firearm.

I have no doubt there are legitimate crimes committed by the police daily. I have witnessed them. I just wonder why people choose to champion the idiots that get themselves killed in these clearly clean shoots when dirty cops are walking around free.
edit on 5-6-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

What is the point of having all that NON lethal stuff that the police buy if they never use it

body cameras are the only way

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I just don't understand what the police have against using tasers or other Nonlethal force.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

What is the point of having all that NON lethal stuff that the police buy if they never use it

body cameras are the only way

Im going to use the typical approach here: they need to impose stricter laws and stiffer penalties for police who break the law.

I also think there should be a "tip line" for reports on police.

Im not saying that we should actively solicit complaints against cops....but the one thing I know is if you actively solicit complaints and there still aren't any....that is what we should be aiming for.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuckyYurg

I just don't understand what the police have against using tasers or other Nonlethal force.

Police believe that the lack of reliability of tasers and other less than lethal options could and ultimately will put them at greater risk in any given situation.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I have no doubt there are legitimate crimes committed by the police daily.

The video shows one. Killed because the police did not like the way the person acted.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

He kept his hands in his waistband the whole time.

He didn't pull a gun. Does a gun have to be visible?

Did the guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand english and comprehend the cop?

He looked like a deer in the headlights, he probably would have been shot removing his hands anyway.

Scary Video there!

One thing is clear: do not be deaf in America.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
Just for poops and giggles... Let me ask this... Do you guys ever imagine yourselves as policemen? Doing a job where you are a target every minute on duty? Can you imagine being a kind hearted person as a police man but because of that your son or daughter never grows up with a father?

People America is in a welfare/criminal state.

Im a good guy. Ive fought in wars and am SICK of violence....

But.... read this next line...

IF. I. Was. A. Cop. And. a. Suspect. Yelled. "NAah Fool!". And . Reached . to . His Waist. I .Would have. GLADLY. SHOT. THE . #. OUT. OF. HIM. TO. ENSURE. SURVIVAL.

The periods help or hinder?

Im sorry the thug was killed. But thats sort of what happens when you do it to yourself.... Foo

Thug? Where did you get the "thug" from?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Innocent people don't tend to change direction and walk away as soon as a police car pulls up.

I do, because something must be going on and I don't want to be too close.

Considering the idiot's behavior leading up to the moment of the shots, any reasonable person who was responding to an "armed suspect" call would have pulled the trigger. That's why the officer was cleared of wrongdoing.

It's amazing to me how people ignore all of the incredibly stupid behavior that leads up to these shootings and only focus on "was he unarmed? yes? then the cop was wrong!"

So... acting stupid (because of intoxication or otherwise) is a great excuse for killing? I would tend to believe that a professional, with lots of training (allegedly), a cool head (allegedly) and experience from handling various "situations" in an as relaxed manner as possible (it's their job; they are not soldiers in a war zone) should have handled the situation very differently. Unless, of course, the professional don't want to.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Procedure is to cuff them no matter what.

.. thereby often worsening the wound.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yea, that's what it was.

"did not like the way the person acted", does this not define every act and reason for every law currently under the sun?

From jay walking to genocide, from shoplifting food to bank robbery - all laws are about how a "person acted".

So, I take it you would rather just do away with all law and let the chips fall where they may?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

He kept his hands in his waistband the whole time.

He didn't pull a gun. Does a gun have to be visible?

Did the guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand english and comprehend the cop?

He looked like a deer in the headlights, he probably would have been shot removing his hands anyway.

Scary Video there!

The audio kicks in after the gun is drawn, I'm going to assume the officer said something to him a few times before drawing his sidearm.

The idiot certainly heard the commands clearly enough to say "nah, fool!" when the officer told him to show his hands. He also kept walking backwards with his hands near his waist even after he turned around to see an officer with his weapon drawn.

This guy had SEVERAL opportunities to not get shot.

... so he deserved to die?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

Did you see any sign of a weapon?

I didn't. But then again, if it were me, I'd most likely have my day in court.

I don't know about you but if a police car pulled up and a voice behind me yelled "show me your hands!" my first response would be to freeze and hold my hands out to the side. I certainly wouldn't keep walking, tell them no, and pretend that I was just going to keep going about my day and the cop can go to hell.

That of course assumes that (a) you don't have a hearing impairment and (b) you're not listening to loud music wearing earphones or headphones.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

Did you see any sign of a weapon?

I didn't. But then again, if it were me, I'd most likely have my day in court.

I don't know about you but if a police car pulled up and a voice behind me yelled "show me your hands!" my first response would be to freeze and hold my hands out to the side. I certainly wouldn't keep walking, tell them no, and pretend that I was just going to keep going about my day and the cop can go to hell.

And the tragedy, Answer, is that this thug was very drunk according to toxicology.....

There is no evidence that he was a "thug" (e.g. a violent person, especially a criminal according to the dictionary).

The reality is he did it to himself.. Two cops went home to their families... one idiot didn't.

... and because he was intoxicated (should be quite easily spotted by trained policemen) and acted foolishly (trained policemen should have received training to take care of such persons), he deserved to die?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

What law was he breaking?

edit:

Cops get to make up laws on the spot, such as he disrespected me, then enforce execution?
edit on 6/5/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Shot him for what? Looking at you curiously while wondering what he did wrong?

For yelling NAH FOOOL, and reaching to his waist... did you read the thread? Or you went to the police are satan crap right off the bat?

Yeah, that is TERRORIST ACTIVITY and surely he deserved to die.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Im actually very ok with two guys doing a HARD job going home to their familys while a thug that said NA MANN and reached to his waist died.

VERY OK.

Killing a thug reaching to his waist and lifting his shirt??? You should be thinking the police for living with the sins that we burden them with.

You really don't know what the word "thug" means, do you?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

And Im telling you I am a good guy... And I'm telling you I would have shot the holy crap out of him if he reached to his waist.

Because waists are dangerous. Beware them waists.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Swedish cops makes arrest in New York City subway

If the Swedes can make this kind of arrest towards an idiot on a New York subway, than these officers should be able to have enough restraint to subdue a man wearing headphones that posed absolutely NO threat.

Because they are true professionals, not trigger happy thugs with a Government-provided gun and a badge.
edit on 5/6/2015 by moniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Die for what? Definitely not their oath.

Fact is, we all know how that oath begins, but we don't know how it ends.

"To serve and protect" ... ourselves.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join