It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired
a reply to: Answer

That's unfortunate...Had that lady never made the call, then he would also still be alive. If the cop is to blame, so is the lady who called it in.

What I'm trying to say is what happened is sad, and it's easy to throw blame around but where do you stop?

The woman is partially responsible but the blame ultimately falls on Dillon Taylor.

He did everything wrong from the moment the officer arrived until he was shot.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

That was absolutely disgusting. The cop should be charged with murder 1 and sentenced to death.

Cheers - Dave

I would not go that far.

I dont think he intended to murder the guy or had any malice.

I just think he was a poorly trained coward.

US just needs better selection and training.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm going to make one final post in this thread and if you folks can't see what happened here (suicide by cop), you're incapable of employing logic.

First, I want you to watch the video again:

The officer responded to a call of "suspect with a gun." There were 2 patrol cars that arrived and as soon as they pull up, 2 of the 3 men stopped in their tracks and put their hands up as Dillon turned to walk away.

As he walks away, his hands are down by his sides. He puts his hands into his waistband at this point, AFTER he looked to his right and can see the other officer approaching him:

For those of you who keep saying "he was just listening to music and didn't hear the cop behind him." You're completely full of it. Dillon saw both cop cars arrive and he walked away AFTER the officer got out of his car. He knew the cops were there. He also looked to his right and saw the officer approaching from his 3-o'clock. He put his hands into his waistband after all of that was evident.

At this point, he turned around while still walking and with his hands still inside his waistband and yelled "Nah, fool!" back at the officer. Notice the location of his hands:

His left hand makes a jerking movement upward and his right hand appears to stay inside his waistband. The first motion made when drawing a gun from your waistband is to get your shirt out of the way. It's quite obvious when you look at the still frames that Dillon wanted the police to believe that he was drawing a gun.

Dillon Taylor made multiple depressed posts to social media in the days leading up to the incident, including these:

The most unfortunate part about this suicide is that Dillon Taylor chose to do it in a way that requires the officer to carry that burden for the rest of his life.

Now please, refute this evidence using facts. This should be rich.

edit on 6/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Char-Lee

People should note the difference here between the blood on him and some others where they were shot and there was zero blood on white clothing. Many argue that people don't bleed profusely from a gunshot.

It all depends on were your shot and what it hits on the way in or out.

Every wound will be diffrent.

I think you will find blood where ever you shoot a person

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I agree 100%

Seems like it happens far too often.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Lol

He was so obviously drunk and thought it would be funny to say "Naah man".
Even if had a gun, he was far too drunk to pull it, shoot and hit anything.

I wonder how you would feel if he did have a gun and you was the cop?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Those posts say a lot. The last of the people who were willing to deal with him his, Family his Sister, his Fiance all dumped him and he understood why. I would assume crime/drugs the usual.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's probably time for the police to kill everyone who doesn't fit into the ideal of society. I think Germany tried it with poor results though.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I saw a perturbed man lift his shirt to show an empty waistband.

a reply to: moniker

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Again you fixate on "nah fool" while failing to address the fact that the officer yelled the command "get your hands out". Under each image you could place that caption because it's said 3 times. And then, once the individual actually moves his hands the officer opens fire. People are free to try and add extra movements in there that simply don't exist but we aren't required to entertain those falsehoods. Nothing will change the fact that a command was given 3 times and upon following the command Mr. Taylor was shot.

Everything pertaining to this being suicide is nothing more than conjecture.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

That was absolutely disgusting. The cop should be charged with murder 1 and sentenced to death.

Cheers - Dave

I would not go that far.

I dont think he intended to murder the guy or had any malice.

I just think he was a poorly trained coward.

US just needs better selection and training.

Judges use the average person as examples for everyone else all the time. Maybe this wanker needs to be the example for other cops to show what happens when you shoot someone for no apparent reason. Personally I thin k there was malice and intent simply from the tone of the cops voice. The retard was on a mission IMHO.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Murder, pure and simple. This is the time to use the death penalty, Utah, preferably by firing squad.

Dillon wasn't "reaching" for squat, and this murdering cop knew it, despite his theatrics for the camera.

When the EMT at the end asked the COP if he was okay, it made me physically ill.

edit on 6/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Hecate666
Is anyone else here really concerned about the discrepancy of posted opinions on the victim's side compared to the amount of stars given to those that defend the killer-cop?
Almost all of the posts against the cop get about 4 stars, yet the couple of cop-defending posts have 10 stars or more.
Is it all their coward friends who can't even explain themselves starring them?

Because, apparently, there are a lot of rational people on ATS who prefer to avoid these sorts of idiotic arguments but they know a factual response when they see one.

There are 2 types of responses in this thread.

A) I can put myself in the cop's shoes. He was responding to an ARMED SUSPECT call and this group matched the description. The cop pulls up and the guy immediately walked away while his friends stood there innocently. The cop approached him, I'm sure he yelled a few times before drawing, but the guy continues to walk away with his hands at his waist. The cop finally gets him to turn around and instead of stopping and putting his hands up after seeing an officer with a gun, he yells "nah, fool!" and quickly pulls his hands from his waist. Even though he had no gun, every action he took made it seem to any reasonable person like he did have one. Obviously this is the correct evaluation of the video because the officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

B) I see an innocent victim being shot by the evil police. The cop is a murderer. He just walked up and shot the guy for no reason.

Now, which of those sounds like a reasoned response based on what's actually evident in the video?

C) you dont see such shooting comeing out of Europe,Canada,japan, Australia,UK or any other civilised country with such regular occurance so something must be rotton with America or your cops are just poorly trained cowards.

The police in those countries don't have to consider that every single person they encounter may be armed. It's a completely different mindset and irrelevant to the discussion.

Why? Guns don't exist in other countries?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
This was a hit, nothing short of it. the cop drove in got out walked straight up to guy he knew he was going to kill (or thought) and shot him.

another mental cop on the loose. hide yo kids.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: Hecate666
Is anyone else here really concerned about the discrepancy of posted opinions on the victim's side compared to the amount of stars given to those that defend the killer-cop?
Almost all of the posts against the cop get about 4 stars, yet the couple of cop-defending posts have 10 stars or more.
Is it all their coward friends who can't even explain themselves starring them?

um thats not what he is talking about? lol
Because, apparently, there are a lot of rational people on ATS who prefer to avoid these sorts of idiotic arguments but they know a factual response when they see one.

There are 2 types of responses in this thread.

A) I can put myself in the cop's shoes. He was responding to an ARMED SUSPECT call and this group matched the description. The cop pulls up and the guy immediately walked away while his friends stood there innocently. The cop approached him, I'm sure he yelled a few times before drawing, but the guy continues to walk away with his hands at his waist. The cop finally gets him to turn around and instead of stopping and putting his hands up after seeing an officer with a gun, he yells "nah, fool!" and quickly pulls his hands from his waist. Even though he had no gun, every action he took made it seem to any reasonable person like he did have one. Obviously this is the correct evaluation of the video because the officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

B) I see an innocent victim being shot by the evil police. The cop is a murderer. He just walked up and shot the guy for no reason.

Now, which of those sounds like a reasoned response based on what's actually evident in the video?

C) you dont see such shooting comeing out of Europe,Canada,japan, Australia,UK or any other civilised country with such regular occurance so something must be rotton with America or your cops are just poorly trained cowards.

The police in those countries don't have to consider that every single person they encounter may be armed. It's a completely different mindset and irrelevant to the discussion.

Why? Guns don't exist in other countries?

um thats not what he is talking about. lol.
edit on 8-6-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Seems to be so.

Why do only cops in the US have to assume everyone is armed?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The headphones are irrelevant. The guy was walking backward, facing the cop, and had his hands in his pants. He did make a move that looked like he could have been going for a gun, too, with his hands in his pants, and guns in saggy pants is the original reason those became a "style". We also aren't told why the police were called on the guy.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have a good idea for new police policy...how about cops can't shoot until they see a gun, or until a 'genuine' (note that word) action of threat is made. Remember, cops should not shoot until an actual bona fide act of threat is made, and I don't mean one made up in his head, or one seen in the cop's psychosis.

That guy died, not because he made any threatening movement, but because he didn't comply. Aren't cops supposed to use Tasers rather than resort to lethal force? American cops are the shoddiest and most unprofessional cops on the planet, and get away with murder.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hope the same thing happens to you the next time you're drunk and disorderly.a reply to: Legman

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The US has higher rates of homicides from guns than Pakistan. At 4.5 deaths per 100,000 people, the US rates aren’t much lower than gun homicide rates in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (5.2 deaths per 100,000 people). Annually, the US has about two fewer gun homicide deaths per 100,000 people than Iraq, which has 6.5 deaths per 100,000.In europe you can't legally carry a gun, in my war torn (ex Yugoslavia), new EU country with burrowed arsenal of war trophy guns, and minefields there is 4 gun deaths in last 2 years. None of countries in europe have nothing like Constitution of the United States gun rights, and our democracy and human rights are better than in usa (free health care, polite police). Why americans have a fetish for guns boggles my mind. It is like you don't trust your government, and police don't trust their citizens. reply to: PraetorianAZ

edit on 12-6-2015 by kita0dtita because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join