It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

He kept his hands in his waistband the whole time.

He didn't pull a gun. Does a gun have to be visible?

Did the guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand english and comprehend the cop?

He looked like a deer in the headlights, he probably would have been shot removing his hands anyway.

Scary Video there!

The audio kicks in after the gun is drawn, I'm going to assume the officer said something to him a few times before drawing his sidearm.

The idiot certainly heard the commands clearly enough to say "nah, fool!" when the officer told him to show his hands. He also kept walking backwards with his hands near his waist even after he turned around to see an officer with his weapon drawn.

This guy had SEVERAL opportunities to not get shot.

... so he deserved to die?

Why do some people always jump to "deserve"?

This isn't about whether the guy "deserved" to die. People die every day and "deserve" has nothing to do with it.

The officer responded to a "man with a gun" call. He pulled up and ONE of the 3 people in the group matching the description of the suspects walks away. The one who walked away keeps his hands around his waist while walking away from the officer. The officer finally gets him to turn around and he says "nah fool!"

He didn't say that.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I get it,maybe he shouldn't have lost his life because he didn't comply with demands by the officers, but that's not why he got shot--he was shot because we was making aggressive movements

Please elaborate on precisely what an "aggressive movement" is.

Reaching into your waistband while saying "nah fool!"

He didn't say that, as is quite evident from the video.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If you want to know why cops don't mess around with people who keep their hands concealed... watch this:

Now, did that guy show any indication that he was going to do something wrong? Did he give the officer a chance to use his taser, flashlight, baton, feather tickler, MMA skills, or anything else to disarm him?

THAT is how quickly things can go to shyte and the cops know it.

Two things:

1. That man wasn't intoxicated. The man on the video that is the subject of this thread clearly was. Intoxicated people react slowly, which is a big part of the reason why you're not allowed to drive drunk (or stoned).

2. The man on the video that is the subject of this thread in the end did as the police said - and immediately got shot.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Reaching into your waistband while saying "nah fool!" when an officer is yelling at you to show your hands is an "aggressive movement" and will get you shot every time.

I keep seeing this "nah fool" posted over and over like a broken record as if it is some how relevant. And for some reason the fact that this officer told this individual to move his hands repeatedly up until the moment he actually followed the command to which the response was gunfire, seems to be an afterthought.

This individual had his hands in his waistband as police followed guns drawn. That whole time the officer is yelling "get your hands out" in various manners. And this is repeated 3 times when the victim finally makes the move to take his hands from his waistband and is immediately shot.

To give a command and then shoot the person for following that command is murder, not procedure. And if moving ones hands in the presence of a police officer is considered threatening behavior then why would the officer give such a command?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: moniker

A warrant that unless has been shown other wise was not even known about from the officer responding.

The warrant says nothing about the cop's state of mind but it says everything about the criminal's state of mind.

Especially since he posted on social media that "I feel like my time is coming any day now..." and "I'll die before I spend a lot of time in a cell."

So he did "aggressive movements" because he did want to die? Still not a valid reason to kill him. Quite the contrary.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
Just for poops and giggles... Let me ask this... Do you guys ever imagine yourselves as policemen? Doing a job where you are a target every minute on duty? Can you imagine being a kind hearted person as a police man but because of that your son or daughter never grows up with a father?

People America is in a welfare/criminal state.

Im a good guy. Ive fought in wars and am SICK of violence....

But.... read this next line...

IF. I. Was. A. Cop. And. a. Suspect. Yelled. "NAah Fool!". And . Reached . to . His Waist. I .Would have. GLADLY. SHOT. THE . #. OUT. OF. HIM. TO. ENSURE. SURVIVAL.

The periods help or hinder?

Im sorry the thug was killed. But thats sort of what happens when you do it to yourself.... Foo

THEN.YOU.SHOULD.NOT.BE.A.POLICE.OFFICER.AS.EASIY.SCARED.PEOPLE.WITH.WEAK.
CONSTITUTIONS.SHOULD.NOT.BE.GIVEN.A.JOB.WHICH.IS.TO.PROTECT.AND,SERVE.

edit on 5-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Just for poops and giggles... Let me ask this... Do you guys ever imagine yourselves as policemen? Doing a job where you are a target every minute on duty? Can you imagine being a kind hearted person as a police man but because of that your son or daughter never grows up with a father?

People America is in a welfare/criminal state.

Im a good guy. Ive fought in wars and am SICK of violence....

But.... read this next line...

IF. I. Was. A. Cop. And. a. Suspect. Yelled. "NAah Fool!". And . Reached . to . His Waist. I .Would have. GLADLY. SHOT. THE . #. OUT. OF. HIM. TO. ENSURE. SURVIVAL.

Im sorry the thug was killed. But thats sort of what happens when you do it to yourself.... Foo

THEN.YOU.SHOULD.NOT.BE.A.POLICE.OFFICER.AS.EASIY.SCARED.PEOPLE.WITH.WEAK.
CONSTITUTIONS.SHOULD.NOT.BE.GIVEN.A.JOB.WHICH.IS.TO.PROTECT.AND,SERVE.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

a reply to: Answer

Well its still a tragedy. I know what you are saying... I would have shot that guy a helluva lot more than that.... but its still a tragedy.

Drunk people do not think correctly. I think he had a .18

Shot him for what? Looking at you curiously while wondering what he did wrong?

For yelling NAH FOOOL, and reaching to his waist... did you read the thread? Or you went to the police are satan crap right off the bat?

Forgive me but last time I checked both of those are not against US law.

Nor are both actions a dangrous threat to anyone at least in the civilised world.

If british police can do there job without putting holes in someone surely American cops can.
edit on 5-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
By reading all these posts I assume this cop is a happy triggered coward.... so I guess it's official, he's a spineless lily-livered wussy that got away with murder!

I question the training cops get nowadays. these dastardly acts of killing innocent people is pretty much sickening!

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

There are no words to describe how much human trash this garbage behind a badge is...

Normally, I try my best to understand the circumstances behind an officer's actions, but this in inexcusable.

This is nothing short of pre-meditated murder.

Like I said... try Mexico. The police are incredible there... you can drive drunk through checkpoints while only giving a pack of cigarettes. I live there for 3 years and the police there do not shoot anyone. I promise you. ... Try it! Its cheap. I lived like a king with little money.

gl with that.

We don't live in Mexico. We live in a country where even law enforcement should be held accountable for their actions.

But you would rather have policemen like those in other countries... I think you should go try that... You really should.

Yeah cause the inability of British police to summsry execute people in the street is so bad! With a murder rate 4x less than the US and rarely any police deaths things are so hard.

Maybe American cops are just cowards?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: moniker

A warrant that unless has been shown other wise was not even known about from the officer responding.

The warrant says nothing about the cop's state of mind but it says everything about the criminal's state of mind.

Especially since he posted on social media that "I feel like my time is coming any day now..." and "I'll die before I spend a lot of time in a cell."

So he did "aggressive movements" because he did want to die? Still not a valid reason to kill him. Quite the contrary.

Well, unfortunately, the officer had no idea that the guy was A) unarmed and B) suicidal at the time. The officer had every reason to believe that he WAS armed.

Some of you are incapable of looking at things without the benefit of hindsight clouding your judgement.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Is anyone else here really concerned about the discrepancy of posted opinions on the victim's side compared to the amount of stars given to those that defend the killer-cop?
Almost all of the posts against the cop get about 4 stars, yet the couple of cop-defending posts have 10 stars or more.
Is it all their coward friends who can't even explain themselves starring them?

Because, apparently, there are a lot of rational people on ATS who prefer to avoid these sorts of idiotic arguments but they know a factual response when they see one.

There are 2 types of responses in this thread.

A) I can put myself in the cop's shoes. He was responding to an ARMED SUSPECT call and this group matched the description. The cop pulls up and the guy immediately walked away while his friends stood there innocently. The cop approached him, I'm sure he yelled a few times before drawing, but the guy continues to walk away with his hands at his waist. The cop finally gets him to turn around and instead of stopping and putting his hands up after seeing an officer with a gun, he yells "nah, fool!" and quickly pulls his hands from his waist. Even though he had no gun, every action he took made it seem to any reasonable person like he did have one. Obviously this is the correct evaluation of the video because the officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

B) I see an innocent victim being shot by the evil police. The cop is a murderer. He just walked up and shot the guy for no reason.

Now, which of those sounds like a reasoned response based on what's actually evident in the video?

C) you dont see such shooting comeing out of Europe,Canada,japan, Australia,UK or any other civilised country with such regular occurance so something must be rotton with America or your cops are just poorly trained cowards.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you want to know why cops don't mess around with people who keep their hands concealed... watch this:

Now, did that guy show any indication that he was going to do something wrong? Did he give the officer a chance to use his taser, flashlight, baton, feather tickler, MMA skills, or anything else to disarm him?

THAT is how quickly things can go to shyte and the cops know it.

Two things:

1. That man wasn't intoxicated. The man on the video that is the subject of this thread clearly was. Intoxicated people react slowly, which is a big part of the reason why you're not allowed to drive drunk (or stoned).

2. The man on the video that is the subject of this thread in the end did as the police said - and immediately got shot.

He clearly was intoxicated? You can tell that by looking at him?

The only reason you know he was intoxicated is because of the toxicology report.

He didn't do as the police said, he lifted his shirt and made a reaching motion. That is why he got shot.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Is anyone else here really concerned about the discrepancy of posted opinions on the victim's side compared to the amount of stars given to those that defend the killer-cop?
Almost all of the posts against the cop get about 4 stars, yet the couple of cop-defending posts have 10 stars or more.
Is it all their coward friends who can't even explain themselves starring them?

Because, apparently, there are a lot of rational people on ATS who prefer to avoid these sorts of idiotic arguments but they know a factual response when they see one.

There are 2 types of responses in this thread.

A) I can put myself in the cop's shoes. He was responding to an ARMED SUSPECT call and this group matched the description. The cop pulls up and the guy immediately walked away while his friends stood there innocently. The cop approached him, I'm sure he yelled a few times before drawing, but the guy continues to walk away with his hands at his waist. The cop finally gets him to turn around and instead of stopping and putting his hands up after seeing an officer with a gun, he yells "nah, fool!" and quickly pulls his hands from his waist. Even though he had no gun, every action he took made it seem to any reasonable person like he did have one. Obviously this is the correct evaluation of the video because the officer has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

B) I see an innocent victim being shot by the evil police. The cop is a murderer. He just walked up and shot the guy for no reason.

Now, which of those sounds like a reasoned response based on what's actually evident in the video?

C) you dont see such shooting comeing out of Europe,Canada,japan, Australia,UK or any other civilised country with such regular occurance so something must be rotton with America or your cops are just poorly trained cowards.

The police in those countries don't have to consider that every single person they encounter may be armed. It's a completely different mindset and irrelevant to the discussion.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I get it,maybe he shouldn't have lost his life because he didn't comply with demands by the officers, but that's not why he got shot--he was shot because we was making aggressive movements

Please elaborate on precisely what an "aggressive movement" is.

Reaching into your waistband while saying "nah fool!"

He didn't say that, as is quite evident from the video.

Really? The article and the police statement said that.

You're somehow hearing something different?

Your repeated attempts to alter the reality of this situation are obnoxious.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

People should note the difference here between the blood on him and some others where they were shot and there was zero blood on white clothing. Many argue that people don't bleed profusely from a gunshot.

It all depends on were your shot and what it hits on the way in or out.

Every wound will be diffrent.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

He was so obviously drunk and thought it would be funny to say "Naah man".
Even if had a gun, he was far too drunk to pull it, shoot and hit anything.

Right no one has ever been killed by a drunk with a gun before. In this case yeah he was unarmed, I'm not going to argue if it was right or wrong that he got shot. Some of it was brought on by his actions, saying "Nah man" and having your hands in your waist where a weapon would likely be kept is not a good idea. If he wasn't out in public drunk acting a fool he would still be alive. Why is it that the cops reacting to a situation that they are coming pretty much blind into are expected to asses the situation with 100% accuracy?

There was a comment earlier about oh well he could have only had maybe a .22 or something like that. I am not a big man and I carry a Glock 23 daily...its .40 this guy could have easily been packing something bigger than a .22 in his waist.

Now all that being said, I WOULD rather have that incident end with NO ONE hurt in the slightest bit. I don't have the perfect answer to what happened nor will I pretend to. But seeing as how NONE of us were there, no one can say for sure if it was wrong or right. I tried to find something about why the police were called to the scene but I couldn't find anything, I thought someone mentioned it was because of a report of a guy with a weapon?

Anyway I wish we lived in a world where everything was sunshine and rainbows...but we do not.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That was absolutely disgusting. The cop should be charged with murder 1 and sentenced to death.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/5.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired
I tried to find something about why the police were called to the scene but I couldn't find anything, I thought someone mentioned it was because of a report of a guy with a weapon?

Correct. The initial 9-1-1 call had a woman saying "they had something shiny, I'm pretty sure it was a gun, and they're up to no good... you can tell by how they're dressed and acting." The dispatcher asked her several times if they pointed the gun at her and she said no but she could tell they had one.

After they talked to the woman who called it in, she admitted "well I never actually saw a gun but they were acting really fishy like they had one."

edit on 6/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

That's unfortunate...Had that lady never made the call, then he would also still be alive. If the cop is to blame, so is the lady who called it in.

What I'm trying to say is what happened is sad, and it's easy to throw blame around but where do you stop?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join