It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maggie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Arnold Schwarzenegger plays as Wade Vogel. He is a man that has spent two weeks looking for his daughter, only to find her in the quarantine ward of a hospital. She has been infected with a virus that turns its victims into zombies. He takes her home so she can be with her family until the end.

More on the movie: Maggie

Okay, where to start? Hard core horror fans most likely aren't going to like this movie. It's more heart wrenching than gut wrenching. That said, there were a couple of times near the end where I clenched up, expecting the worst. The movie is slow. There is little to no action, no blood and gore really, and no scares. It's more thoughtful than anything. It will make you ask yourself what you would do in the same situation. Will you kill your loved one outright before the virus can take over? Will you turn him/her over to the quarantine people and let them take care of it? Or will you wait until the very last and deal with it yourself?
The movie was well acted, with believable characters. I actually liked it despite the lack of horror elements that you'd expect from the typical zombie movie. Arnold Schwarzenegger surprised me with the gentleness of his role. Judging from the type of movies he's usually in, I didn't think he'd be able to pull that off.

The movie isn't on youtube. I'm not sure where you could go to watch it. I downloaded it with an app. So, I'm including the trailer instead.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

You just described my NUMBER 1 movie to watch.

See what they are seeing see what I think about what they are saying.
Start imagining what I would do.

I mainly watch movies for the "extra plot." sense my memory isn't so good.

edit on 3-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

It would be cool if I had a way to put the video here so you could watch it.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Personally i wasn't a huge fan of this film. It has a very deep motif and overall is worth watching.
I just prefer my doom movies to have more doom

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thomadom
Personally i wasn't a huge fan of this film. It has a very deep motif and overall is worth watching.
I just prefer my doom movies to have more doom

Yeah, I kept waiting and waiting for something to happen. It took me a bit to get into it.

top topics

join