It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair new role includes making HOLOCAUST denial a criminal offense.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nova937

Lets not forget the myriads of genocides in Africa.

But I guess being black they don't matter.................

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Your maybe right and or maybe wrong. But will we ever know?

Here's some questions for people that should have viable answers!

I don't actually believe that the holocaust did not take place, I was just highlighting the fact that I have the right to make such a statement.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The numbers of people who were murdered and their background have always been discussed and debated.

No, people in parts of Europe have been imprisoned for doing such numerous times.

Blair wants to put this law across the board.

Just because you have StormFront in the U.S. you seem to forget your Constitution protects your compatriots when they question things.

It is in fact illegal to question any aspect of the holocaust in some places in Europe.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

and the law in question in the op does not do that.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I've driven past that school a couple of times to make such a claim. It wasn't a one off school trip. The TFL buses with the TFL bus drivers are lined up in front of the gate every school day at around 3:15

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the school's name here though.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why would anyone want to deny it , it is history. It is against the law in Germany , some states in the US , and a few other countries as well.

Just broadcast on the most popular channel in germany.

German Television Exposes Holocaust Lies: Historic Broadcast Shocks Germany

endzog.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Lets not forget the myriads of genocides in Africa.

But I guess being black they don't matter.................

Bit weird really there have been many genocides worldwide. What makes this one more important..

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

and the law in question in the op does not do that.

Listen X, sadly it does.

Holocaust denial is a broad range of accusations from denying it altogether to questioning numbers, culprits, where it occurred etc.

It happens in Germany, Poland, Portugal & many other EU countries.

People have been sentenced to 3 years under the charge of "Holocaust Denial", even "Defaming The Dead"...
Simply for questioning numbers.

The group Blair is about to join is the ones who advocate this law in European countries.

Look into it sometime.

Google search "Holocaust Denier Imprisoned" and you'll see numerous cases of such.

Holocaust denial isn't just "none of it happened"...
It is also "well I don't think that part is true"...

& it's a slippery slope.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm surprised this thread stayed open.

Some of those posts were quite disgusting considering ATS' approach to "Hate Speech"...

But nevertheless I hope this is a turning point that the majority of ATS can discuss this genocide together amicably.

It's the only HD thread I've seen kept open...

& let's be honest ATS is the best place to debate anything that ever happened...

We shouldn't be limiting ourselves by causing ruckus in threads like this.
edit on 4-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
why is it so bad for a team of forensic archaeologist to go out to a site for a dig and do some research.
why is it automaticly deemed as denial, because thier modern tested data will clash with the 60+ year old official story possibly.
i mean at the end of the day science is science and the data doesnt lie, so whats the problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
why is it so bad for a team of forensic archaeologist to go out to a site for a dig and do some research.
why is it automaticly deemed as denial, because thier modern tested data will clash with the 60+ year old official story possibly.
i mean at the end of the day science is science and the data doesnt lie, so whats the problem.

The problem is that the sites are considered as mass graves and people feel it's pointless and disrespectful to go digging it up to prove what those who were there already know. I mean really, you are calling all of the eye witnesses liars and demanding that the World go out and get whatever proof you personally would accept. That's ridiculous and unnecessary. You know what you never hear? You never hear a guard from a death camp denying what went on there. It's only people sixty years later doing the questioning. Gee, I wonder why the Jewish people take that whole "Never Forget" thing so seriously?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Now the Russia ban has got me thinking......

Now I dont have a issue with the facts surrounding the holacaust in western europe and poland.
I think it played out much as its been described. Do get abit peed off with how some of the other victims (that I have links to) are ignored and the lime light placed on a certain other group, but I agree this crime happend.

BUT

In Ukraine and Russia I wonder how many attrocitys were commited by the USSR got pinned on the NAZIs ?

NAZI were 100% evil so pinning a few crimes against humanity on them would have been easy and lets face it, the USSR werenot the sort to waste a good oppotunity to get ride of a few "undesirables".
edit on 4-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
There's one school in London where they basically have London buses with TFL bus drivers specifically for the school. The buses line up at the gate, kids come out and they're dropped off to their homes meanwhile all other normal schools don't get any of that special service.

The school itself is state-funded and not private.

Really? All the Secondary schools in my area (and not one of them a "religious" school") have buses laid on by the Council to ferry the kids home - and not crappy public buses either, but full on coaches with A/C and, in some cases, DVD players... On top of that, you can also apply to the council for a bus pass to use the public buses if the coaches don't serve your area...

Anyway, with regards to the OP, just because Blair is joining this group, it doesn't mean any of what they want will come to pass - they've been campaigning for this for a while and there has been little movement. It's just another special interest lobby group and not a very well known one at that.

As for Holocaust denial, it shouldn't be a crime. People who deny it should be allowed to say what they wish and then challenged, openly and in public. Making it illegal simply drives people like that (and they are usually far-right types) underground. Besides, they've changed the figures for Auschwitz a few times over the years, so there are questions of the exact amount who died.

And special guards for Jewish schools? No chance. If they want guards, they can pay for them unless there is a specific threat in which case the normal security apparatus will take over - that is the general attitude across Europe and was stated as much after those attacks in France earlier this year.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Indeed - the USSR lost over 20 million in WWII and not all as a result of combat, but mostly to do with god awful military planning, organised pogroms and famine.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I think the numbers will always be getting reajusting.

Not because of any conspiracy but just because the holocaust was not asorganised as people think or at least not all paper work (were there was any) survived, and thats not even counting off the book executions and massacres.

There just no way to make a exact count.

Nothing sinister about the reajustments, just a sad realitiy on a crime that scale.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Bit weird really there have been many genocides worldwide. What makes this one more important..

Indeed -

Khmer Rouge killed upwards of 3 million in the space of 4 years just as an example from the top of my head.

Rwanda - 1 million plus killed in 100 days.

Congo - Under the direct control of the Belgian King, upwards of 15 million died.

Russia/Soviet Union - So many to choose from it seems to be a national pass time.

I could go on, but the few million Jews killed between 1939-1945 pale in comparison to other groups, but I suppose in relation to their overall population, it was significant to them.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Quite, but people who question the numbers in some states are accused of Holocaust "denial", even if they don't actually deny it outright but simply question the overall figures.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Indeed - the USSR lost over 20 million in WWII and not all as a result of combat, but mostly to do with god awful military planning, organised pogroms and famine.

Exactly the USSR were not exactly much better than the NAZIs when it came down to valueing human life.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

This annoys me. And it should ANNOY many other people too. Why do we NOT have the right to deny the Holocaust? Why are JEWS so special that they get so much protection and favor?

Being annoyed is a sign of stupidity... just sayin!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join