It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
does this mean they will crash more planes in to things?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

It's been about a year and a half since they announced this. I'd say no.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So 8.5 trillion was supposed to be spent of the US military... but it wasn't?

Where does that leave the state of the US military compared to China?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
So 8.5 trillion was supposed to be spent of the US military... but it wasn't?

Where does that leave the state of the US military compared to China?

It was spent, it's an accounting problem in that they know it was spent but they can't figure out where. Because none of the software talks to each other auditing is virtually impossible.

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SonOfThor

Every so often someone tries to fix it. They usually end up with a nice round room and a pretty white coat within a week or two.

Perhaps you can give an explanation. The cause of this problem is well known, everyone is using different accounting software and none of that software can communicate. Why has the government not standardized all internal software with programs that meet their needs? Furthermore, why can they not mandate that anyone they contract with use software that is compatible with what the Pentagon is using? It would only cost a few million dollars (at the most) to design custom accounting software for everyone to use.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Um, let me try that on Revenue Canada and see how far I get.
"No really! I spent that in legal write-offs, but their receipts I could not read so... just push it through will yah"

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

SHHHH,they STILL think it's a conspiracy theory only...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
And people wonder HOW COULD a break away civilization exist?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

They've put the priority on equipment and not on accounting software. That's always been really low on the list of things to fix. For years they didn't really do a full audit, but once sequestration became very real, they did and realized how screwed up it really is.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
$8.5 trillion isn't missing...

Its flying around in the sky as a big, black triangle!!

(feel free to kick me Zaph)
edit on 4-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Money is not missing, not at all.

Money has been spent on deep underground cities and tunnels fully stocked.

As well as super weapons of the future so that TPTB can attack Russia and China.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

So how do you issue a valid receipt when the accounting system says there are 1,214 Abrams Main Battle Tanks belonging to the US Marine Corps, and the physical count shows there are 1,218 Tanks? That is a 34.3 million dollar discrepancy. The only option is to change the numbers in the accounting system. Then, you have a moronic bean counter that comes along and bitches about a receipt, and then tells his Boss...I have 34.3 million dollars in adjustments that have no records. When you realize that it happens with damned near EVERY line item belonging to the US military (up to, and including aircraft carriers at one point) it is NOT hard to see just how quickly you can build up a large discrepancy.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Tempted to twist this discussion a bit....

I do very basic book keeping for a 150 member association... We earn only around $3000 - but there have been discrepancies in our books to the tune of $200 - and we are being honest and up front about everything (just two of us - one is an accountant).

It blows my mind how difficult it is to keep the numbers straight - but we do deal in a bit of complexity, which makes things much more difficult - such as member/non-member prices, for events and early bird prices...

That being said, it is unfortunate that things can get so inaccurate so easily, because that means that it is very easy to hide money ie. just outrightly steal it.

Unaccountability is such an amazing thing! (Well it depends who you are of course).

Not that I approve, of course.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well how much does one of these cost ?

LINK

All joking aside, who knows what they have developed that we don't know about ?
edit on 5-6-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It does not matter what they have/ have not developed. The amount of money going into the US Government is a known figure. The idea that there is a secret, 8 trillion dollar piggy bank that pays for secret projects is strictly Hollywood.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I would disagree... Efforts at making war preparations is something that remains covert - deliberately so. So, in a sense it is a necessary evil.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
All joking aside, who knows what they have developed that we don't know about ?

That would be Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
$8.5 trillion isn't missing...

Its flying around in the sky as a big, black triangle!!

(feel free to kick me Zaph)

They don't call it the "TR 3B(illion)" for nothing...

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cardinalfan0596
a reply to: MALBOSIA

So how do you issue a valid receipt when the accounting system says there are 1,214 Abrams Main Battle Tanks belonging to the US Marine Corps, and the physical count shows there are 1,218 Tanks? That is a 34.3 million dollar discrepancy. The only option is to change the numbers in the accounting system. Then, you have a moronic bean counter that comes along and bitches about a receipt, and then tells his Boss...I have 34.3 million dollars in adjustments that have no records. When you realize that it happens with damned near EVERY line item belonging to the US military (up to, and including aircraft carriers at one point) it is NOT hard to see just how quickly you can build up a large discrepancy.

If I had some cock n ball excuse like that I would get the proper Ray Liotta response... "F#€k You, pay me"

But hey! We all expect governments to mess things uo so no need to raise an eyebrow here.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
That's not bad for 20 years worth of black projects . I would honestly expect more .

So what do we have to show for it?

Wealthy Elite stealing tax payers money to spread Death and Destruction.
Jesus would be proud

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So that's how all that Kardashian stuff stays on TV and magazines

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join