It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Nothing surprises me anymore. The upper eschelons of government and military are crooks, creeps, and liars. Every one of them.
Excuse me sir, but you forgot to include pedophile protectors.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

I've been saying for years that procurement is a joke. Every company uses their own accounting software and instead of doing something that made sense, they never made them use the same software or that the software talked to each other.

When this started the military was a much scarier world. Heh. Corruption was rampant, and no one ever fixed it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh please.

I wonder how much is missing from SS,medicare over the last decades.

Dunno why people are acting like this is a big deal.

It's not a 'state secret' government is bad with it's money.

But hey I hear raising taxes on the evil 1% will make everything 'right' as rain.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Sources:
Report Reveals $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget
June 2, 2015

There have been posts in the past on this topic, mentioning 2-trillion missing, or the Pentagon's infamous missing 2.3 trillion, but this tops all those. The figure is closer to 8.5 trillion, yet lawmakers and the media show no concern.

Yahoo Moneys The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion – that's trillion with a "T" – in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

• The DOD has amassed a backlog of more than $500 billion in unaudited contracts with outside vendors. How much of that money paid for actual goods and services delivered isn't known.
  • Over the past 10 years the DOD has signed contracts for provisions of more than $3 trillion in goods and services. How much of that money is wasted in overpayments to contractors, or was never spent and never remitted to the Treasury is a mystery.
  • Over the past 10 years the DOD has signed contracts for provisions of more than $3 trillion in goods and services. How much of that money is wasted in overpayments to contractors, or was never spent and never remitted to the Treasury is a mystery.

Geez, and people think Putin is bad for skimming...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Greathouse
That's not bad for 20 years worth of black projects . I would honestly expect more .

I wouldn't mind us missing 8 trillion dollars to black projects if that meant we had our own interstellar travel and a sweet colonized planet but... we still can't feed people for some reason. 8 trillion? Holy crap.

If you were to go back in time only ONE trillion seconds ago, it would be almost 30,000 BC. Meaning, if a person born in 30,000 BC were immortal and received a dollar every second, today, they wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the amount that's missing right now.

People can't wrap their heads around a trillion and I think that's what they count on. If we truly understood what a trillion was...

Wow. You just put that in perspective for me, big time.
Star for you, Mr. Math!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The banks got way more than that from the people in that time.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think people really need to consider what at least 1 trillion $$ is.

Our government on loosing 8.5 of it:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The owners of those banks got way more than $8 trillion, what the have and what the banks have combined. Their family names start with R.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

1 trillion or 8.5 trillion doesn't look like anything.

Because money is fiat, and the bad spenders aka government politicians created it.

Paper currency has the worth of toilet paper.

The only value it has it what people place on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Because money is fiat, and the bad spenders aka government politicians created it.

And how much toilet paper have you used this year?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Not true, in actuality and practically, fiat currency is far less valuable than toilet paper. If you doubt me, try it next time and see. Heck, I've used skunk cabbage leaves in desperation and I am certain that even these are far better than dollars for this very important task.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
That's not bad for 20 years worth of black projects . I would honestly expect more .

Yeah. Undoubtedly, the secret US space force now has a large fleet of triangles and other UFO-type of devices.

ET UFOs are real, folks, and our manned-flight space program that strangely has no way to put a human into space is one hellofva joke. No, actually, it is a flat out lie. But please see it as an educational ploy for the uninformed.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
" If pigs had wings everyone would carry umbrellas" .

Potato .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

And what did you buy with rotten cabbage, a place to take a duce?

We haven't reached the apocalypse yet guys...

I'm all for trade, but legal tender for trade is always going to exist. Always. Not everyone excepts toilet paper and rotten cabbage for trade. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And as long as Americans will gut each other to get to a pallet loaded with the Dead Presidents portraits, yes it will be of value . It's a good thing that we Americans produce all of the things that we consume and do not have to rely on foreign slave labor markets to produce them for us or we would be in a very precarious position indeed. That scenario might leave us vulnerable to foreign nations.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

What does being an independent minded/living person have to do with the fact fiat currency exists and will always exist?

I know what your getting at, but money or gold, or shell crabs, whatever it is that there are enough people to say "this is the standard for what I will except for trade, sans you don't carry the whole barn with you"... is always going to exist. Whether its IOU's, Fiat, trade, it will always be around to exist. It all gelatinizes into a bank or a government, in one way or another, and then you go to your dead presidents on a coin.

Hate or love it, as long as entropy exists on this planet in the way it currently works then that's all it will be. I really hope we get fusion power soon, so everyone gets air-conditioning and nice homes with no real interference from anyone unless they want to just say hi.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
An investigation into the missing $2 trillion was launched on 9/10/2001, and quickly forgotten the next day. You know where the records were supposedly kept ? On mainframes in the basement of the World Trade Center.

Not surprised that 15 years later, that figure has quadrupled. There is very, very little oversight of the Pentagon budget.

My guess is that there are a LOT of dark ops missions going on somewhere that most Americans know absolutely nothing about.

$8 trillion of taxpayer money over 15 ish years? That's half the national debt.

What's the betting that if someone announces a big audit, there will be another terrorist attack conveniently wiping out all the records?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

When I was a young girl at catholic school, the teacher sent me to the office for talking out of turn. While I was there the secretary was doing some accounting work. She asked me to verify some addition she did and I found an error. She was shocked that she had added wrong and told me what a smart girl I was. I even got an award in assembly from the head nun, Sister Marie! Let me take a look at the books, I am sure it is just a simple addition error! It is probably just a matter of decimals being misplaced! I bet it is closer to 8.4 trillion. That is not so bad, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Quite misleading. It also most likely counts contracts that extend for the next 10-20 years. Not to say there is not a story here, but right now it's simply sensationlization.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Quick,check Dick Cheney's bank account! The last time this question was brought up we ended up with planes flying into towers the next day. Better keep quiet or we'll have ISIS over here chopping off people's heads for a new war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join