It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Sources:
Report Reveals $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget
June 2, 2015

There have been posts in the past on this topic, mentioning 2-trillion missing, or the Pentagon's infamous missing 2.3 trillion, but this tops all those. The figure is closer to 8.5 trillion, yet lawmakers and the media show no concern.

Yahoo Moneys The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion – that's trillion with a "T" – in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

• The DOD has amassed a backlog of more than $500 billion in unaudited contracts with outside vendors. How much of that money paid for actual goods and services delivered isn't known.
  • Over the past 10 years the DOD has signed contracts for provisions of more than $3 trillion in goods and services. How much of that money is wasted in overpayments to contractors, or was never spent and never remitted to the Treasury is a mystery.
  • Over the past 10 years the DOD has signed contracts for provisions of more than $3 trillion in goods and services. How much of that money is wasted in overpayments to contractors, or was never spent and never remitted to the Treasury is a mystery.

edit on 3-6-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That's not bad for 20 years worth of black projects . I would honestly expect more .

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore. The upper eschelons of government and military are crooks, creeps, and liars. Every one of them.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
That's not bad for 20 years worth of black projects . I would honestly expect more .

$8.5 TRILLION in tax payer dollars and that's the best you got?

Just too easy for 'em

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Do you think Rods from God was cheap ?

Oh wait the government says we don't have that I believe them .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

This is what happens when every project has different accounting software and none of it talks to anything else. You have to go through by hand and account for everything spent, which would take at least twice as long as it took to spend.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I wouldn't mind us missing 8 trillion dollars to black projects if that meant we had our own interstellar travel and a sweet colonized planet but... we still can't feed people for some reason. 8 trillion? Holy crap.

If you were to go back in time only ONE trillion seconds ago, it would be almost 30,000 BC. Meaning, if a person born in 30,000 BC were immortal and received a dollar every second, today, they wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the amount that's missing right now.

People can't wrap their heads around a trillion and I think that's what they count on. If we truly understood what a trillion was...

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Expect another "terrorist" attack in the accounting dept at the Pentagon. It already worked once so why not again.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This is what happens when every project has different accounting software and none of it talks to anything else. You have to go through by hand and account for everything spent, which would take at least twice as long as it took to spend.

But that's not the only reason that this happened - the statements made by several Pentagon accounting employees as that they were faking numbers left and right (and that was coming from the top) just so the Pentagon can present some phony-baloney budget to Congress.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Expect another "terrorist" attack in the accounting dept at the Pentagon. It already worked once so why not again.

No kidding. Want to know where the next hijacked Jetliner will strike? - wherever the Pentagon's budget records are being kept.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I can wrap my head around 8,500,000,000,000 over 20 years that is 425 billion per year. That number would not surprise me in the least if it was all spent on black projects .

Christ I would bet they're pouring billions of dollars yearly into programs we can't even dream of .

I never said I approved of those numbers. I just can't believe they would surprise anyone .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That's the reason they're faking them. When they balance the program books, it doesn't add up because someone didn't put something in, or put the wrong amount and missed it. So to balance it, they fake it because they can't go back in the main software to check.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I always wanted to count to a trillion...

Now I know it'll take 32000 years I think I'll give that one a miss.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well they announced this in 2013, and nothing yet, so they better get on the ball.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

every project has different accounting software and none of it talks to anything else.

Why is that exactly, my guess would be that's exactly what they would do when participating in fraud and corruption. Do you disagree?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: Zaphod58

every project has different accounting software and none of it talks to anything else.

Why is that exactly, my guess would be that's exactly what they would do when participating in fraud and corruption. Do you disagree?

Why would one black project even know the other exists?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
And it'll be swept under the rug just like every other scandal that actually matters. We'll keep hearing every detail about Caitlyn Jenner though, apparently that's more important.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What's it like compared to the US tax revenue?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is a good thing. Since the Fed can print up all of the dollars it wants and makes tons of profit in doing so, it is a win - win scenario. The politicians can siphon off a trillion or two in bribes and kickbacks, the DOD can spend a few more trillion fighting wars that make tons of profits for the Halliburton types and the weapons manufacturers, and the regular guy on the street can do what he is best at doing, STFU and get back to work! Heck, a couple of drinks, a couple of bowls and some deviate sex and even Joe Six Pack is one happy camper. The party will never end, let's keep the printing presses cranking! Zippity Do Da fricken Day!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It's not missing, they know exactly where it is.

Perhaps the population on Saturn could render a clue?? (kidding...but should I be?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join