It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Releases ‘Largest’ Trove Of Docs Exposing Secret TiSA Trade Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

WikiLeaks has published 17 secret documents related to a controversial trade agreement currently being negotiated behind closed doors between the US, EU and 23 WTO members. NGO Global Justice Now called the leak “a dark day for democracy.”

Perfect!

The documents released by the transparency group are allegedly associated with TiSA (Trade in Services Agreement) negotiations, which have been taking place in secret since early 2013. The participants of the talks include 24 WTO members, such as the US, EU and other countries including Turkey, Mexico, Australia, Pakistan and Israel.

I am currently posting this from my cell phone while at work, So ill have to get back to you folks with my thoughts on this.

For now I just wanted to put this out there to gather Opinion. Looking forward to reading some of your thoughts .

You can read more Here

Kap.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Absolutely disgusting that Wikileaks has to release this and not the government themselves, even more disgusting when you realize that the government wanted parts to remain secret for up to 5 YEARS after everything had been agreed.

The deal stinks

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Bleh how many more secret deals are going on..

I think the fuse is lit and now we are waiting for the earth shattering kaboom...(not a threat nsa a play on Marvin the Martians favorite tag line)
edit on 3-6-2015 by Irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. I just wanted to add a couple of more sources for those that don't trust RT.

Arstechnica

Activist Post

What people need to understand about TiSA is that it focuses on services, not goods. This trade agreement will have broad impact on the internet as we know it.

Something else people need to know is that the fast track bill that the US Congress is trying to pass to send to the President who, unfortunately is all too eager for these deals will grant himself and the next president... authority to sign into law these and upcoming massive, international trade deals.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I can't overstate how important this information is to the future of you and your families.

Per the article, services are 80% of GDP of EU and US. Includes the financial "industry". This is why Jade Helm has to happen. When people find out, they will be very pissed that corporates have superior rights over sovereigns, states... whatever.

Read this if you think this trade deal isn't going to affect you.

In summary, ND meat farmers are fighting to include country of origin markings. The WTO tribunal somehow has the power to tell the ND pig farmer he can't label the meat made in USA because it will hurt Mexican and Canadian companies. This is just a taste of the "new world order". Yea I'm comfortable with that label. I never used to buy that.... I do now.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Fully agree with you .

Thanks for the post .

Bump.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It is obvious to me that certain interested parties will not comply with the labeling of foods/products as they see it as disadvantagous.
So let them have their way and stop fighting it.
INSTEAD, let those companies that want to label their foods/products as GMO free for example label it as so.
We the consumers will then make the informed choice if it is that important to us.
Eventually those that wont label will have to comply as they will lose a market share due to lack of labeling.
Start labeling as 'GMO free' or other such tags & then we will see what the market does.
IMHO.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

thank you for posting this!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

One of the reasons they really don't want to label the meat is because other countries do not want the US beef it has been like that for years, this is the only way to introduce the US beef into EU markets without repercussions.

Also the milk products are not welcome in international markets either, the reason is because US standards are not actually considered good.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I forgot to add, the labeling will bring up the organic market over the mass manufactures and that will affect those that raise animals on GMO grain.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

thank you for posting this!

Thank you for reading it .

new topics

top topics

join