It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs analyst found dead hours after complaining to father of '100 hour weeks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here we have another Money Changer who took his own Life, the result of 100 hour weeks and pressure from the Boss. Sad he was only 22.
I have very little regard for these people, why not just walk away? Is money like your oxygen supply?
story

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Too many bankers have 'checked out' in the past few years. I suppose some is due to suicide, but it is suspicious....

humansarefree.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Too many bankers have 'checked out' in the past few years. I suppose some is due to suicide, but it is suspicious....

humansarefree.com...

Yes. Meow. Suicide. One of them shot himself with a nail gun eight times. (Richard Tally) Sounds like suicide to me.

edit on 3-6-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold why not just walk away? Is money like your oxygen supply?

it seems to me that some personality types take the accumulation of wealth to an obsessive level, whereupon there is no 'why?' only 'more'. maybe some of them are realising their entire existence is a hollow fools errand and finding the revelation problematic. or some of them know some secret s##t and 'they' have bumped them off. who knows? certainly there seems to be a demonstrable upward trend in banker deaths.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The 25 biggest American banks alone have 1,300,000 employees in the US.

The suicide rate in the US is 10 per 100,000 so that means around 150 employees of these banks will kill themselves this year.

So when the numbers exceed average please send me a U2U.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Dude in Russia did it by shooting himself in the heart while clutching a live grenade..

Logic would dictate that 8 shots from a nail gun wouldn't be suicide but logic would also suggest that people wouldn't want to kill themselves in the first place. Tough to apply logic.

I will admit tho, 8 shots from a nail gun is as suspicious as when they don't drop the handgun when shooting themselves in the head, not impossible but damn improbable.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Here we have another Money Changer who took his own Life, the result of 100 hour weeks and pressure from the Boss. Sad he was only 22.
I have very little regard for these people, why not just walk away? Is money like your oxygen supply?
story

Calling them "money changers" is a bit simplistic. It sounds like he worked in Mergers and Acquisitions.

Investment banking is a brutal industry. These analyst know what is expected going in. My guess is he's always been a star student and like many type A personalities was afraid of failure. In reading the article, he realized he couldn't hack the lifestyle. Many of these people also are tied to the prestige of the job as well. The article I read says he quit because he couldn't take the hours, but either asked for his job back or was asked to come back. The worked piled back up and it looks like he snapped.

He was a UPenn grad so he probably has been thinking since high school working at Goldman would be a dream job only to find out it is a miserable existence despite probably making $150k at 22 years old.

Typically analyst work 2 or 3 years to get the training and head off to a top MBA program or go on to greener pastures like private equity or VC where the hours are more manageable but the pay just as good. Very few try to climb the ladder.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I want his job. All those extra hours paid at time and a half. Wow! That guy must've been making a killing. He probably didn't know what to do with all that cash. That's just sad about his loss.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bartholomeo
I want his job. All those extra hours paid at time and a half. Wow! That guy must've been making a killing. He probably didn't know what to do with all that cash. That's just sad about his loss.

Would've been salary so no OT. What a sad, sad opinion you had though. Or was that sarcasm? Stick to your day job.

RIP to the young man.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: ugmold why not just walk away? Is money like your oxygen supply?

it seems to me that some personality types take the accumulation of wealth to an obsessive level, whereupon there is no 'why?' only 'more'. maybe some of them are realising their entire existence is a hollow fools errand and finding the revelation problematic. or some of them know some secret s##t and 'they' have bumped them off. who knows? certainly there seems to be a demonstrable upward trend in banker deaths.

Usually they are investing a large amount of money shared between a large number of people. So you have a 100 corporate investors all chipping in $10 million each, that's a billion to invest. But they all want a return of at least 10%. So you have to provide a return of $100 million each year. Lose the lot and they'll be mad.

new topics

top topics

join