It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope To Declare “The Aliens Are Coming” 5th June 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder if the aliens will be allowed to receive the holy sacraments and be baptized?

Yes:

www.religionnews.com...

Father Guy is a hoot. (Yes, I know him.)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Of course they believe in extra terrestrials.

Angels weren't born on Earth, they are alien to us.

This reminds me of a tabloid I saw when I was a kid. The headline was something along the lines of: "Kingdom of Heaven Found! Hurtling Through Space on an Asteroid!" The picture was a castle on an asteroid.

edit on 6-3-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: quotations

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think for a majority of true catholics, they eould rather hear the news of E.T come from the pope. That way the true religous folks dont have their entire world come crashing down around them if say the president where to announced it. It might actually prevent mass panic amung the mass's thinking the world is coming to an end.
If this happenes to be true, then i personally think the pope would be the best person to announce their Existence.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So let me get this straight;

Y'all be thinking that the grand patriarch of the most archaic and tradition bound mainstream arm of Christianity is just going to throw all caution to the wind and announce that aliens exist, and we'll give them a big catholic welcome?

Yeah right.......

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

they've been telling tales about fallen angels long enough , not much about "aliens" or e.t. spacechips and such

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

they've been telling tales about fallen angels long enough , not much about "aliens" or e.t. spacechips and such

The Glory of the Lord

4As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal.

b 5And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, 6but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf’s foot. And they sparkled like burnished bronze. 8Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: 9their wings touched one another.

Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went. 10As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. 11Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies. 12And each went straight forward. Wherever the spiritc would go, they went, without turning as they went. 13As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches moving to and fro among the living creatures. And the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14And the living creatures darted to and fro, like the appearance of a flash of lightning.

15Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them.d 16As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. 17When they went, they went in any of their four directionse without turning as they went. 18And their rims were tall and awesome, and the rims of all four were full of eyes all around. 19And when the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; and when the living creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose. 20Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, and the wheels rose along with them, for the spirit of the living creaturesf was in the wheels. 21When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them, for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of an expanse, shining like awe-inspiring crystal, spread out above their heads. 23And under the expanse their wings were stretched out straight, one toward another. And each creature had two wings covering its body. 24And when they went, I heard the sound of their wings like the sound of many waters, like the sound of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of an army. When they stood still, they let down their wings. 25And there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads. When they stood still, they let down their wings.

26And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire;g and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance. 27And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around. And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him.h 28Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around.

Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

edit on pm60000003015Wed, 03 Jun 2015 19:54:39 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

There's no denying that we have advanced so far technologically since the bible was written that many of the things described in there can be easily explained away as engineering that is beyond our current ability to replicate.

The conundrum of admitting the existence of advanced extra terrestrial life for most religions is this; religion is in danger of admitting that it is little more than a cargo cult should it reveal that there are more advanced beings in the universe than ourselves and those in the mystical kingdom of heaven.

If I play along for a minute and concede extra terrestrials exist for the purposes of this argument, it is then very simple to explain God away as simply an advanced alien being who's technology was so far beyond what existed here on earth in the earlier days of humanity that said being would have instantly been deemed as God like. The 'supernatural powers' in the bible would have been just advanced technology.

In all reality, it would be far easier for an Atheist to disclose Alien existence, for without the belief of a superior being he / she does not run the risk of a thousands of years old belief system coming crashing down around their ears and the fallout that would come from it.
edit on 3-6-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
'disclosure' yes, however its not quite the same as seeing aliens in person
that might not happen for a while

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
or they're already here or nearby
edit on 3-6-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

They moved this to ATS skunkworks I see, so tell me, Dark, what is the distinction between, this forum, hoax, and LOL!?

I need to check that out. Anywho, kind of makes you wonder what has been hiding in those secret Vatican archives! Kind of curious, also, I think I saw where they call this Lucifer? And why did they build this thing in New Mexico?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Who says we haven't seen them? They are here already hiding in plain site! They look just like us!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Skunk is a forum for claims that you just want to float out there but not really looking to proof either way.

So maybe it will stay here till the 5th and if nothing then hoax'd

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

We have had many advanced civilizations on this planet and all of them started the same way, but when the technology became a danger to other nearby civilizations we were extinguished and forced to start over again. Whatever stories exist in the Bible only can attest to the time it was written and has no value in truth.

If the Pope comes out and verifies what is already known by many, but never officially admitted it just calls into question much of what has been taught by religion, particularly the Catholic religion, but not limited to.

There is a higher power and there are other species not of this Earth, but they do not practice religion as it has been constructed by mankind here.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I was agreeing to the statement in general, put your claws away.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

There is a higher power and there are other species not of this Earth, but they do not practice religion as it has been constructed by mankind here.

That's probably because religion constructed by man is utter bs, and a negative program. These extraterrestrials must have a much higher spiritual understanding that transcend our horrible organized religion dynamic.

It's a good story. I'm personally faced with a dilemma. Are they decievers? While the real good guys exist in some other energy form? Or are we dealing with two different extraterrestrial factions, one good, one evil?

I plan on being very leery of any extraterrestrial presence that may eventually make itself known.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
*popcorn*

S&F

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The quoted environmental encyclical will be officially published on June 16. There are already elaborated speculations about it.

I don't know what is inside and would not speculate until we see the printed text released. But pope Francis runs against time. He doesn't just have another 8 years we saw in Benedict's pontificate. He has to repair what was not done since JP2 and even John 23. To say he is healthy and we may expect 10 year pontificate, and there is nothing to worry about, after him a next man will come, is just to be very ignorant of what is happening in the Catholic church as we speak. In that way, the encyclical coming 2.5 y after his election, amid highly controversial prophecies of last pope, may well be his last chance to make any history of his pontificate.

I am surprised why the thread is put in Skunk works. Well, Skunk works work, and they have one of the best threads there. Including several of those that I started.

To all honorable posters: it is not about personality, and who gets more stars and flags (I can't understand how is possible someone to have a thousand posts and a million stars, anyway). It is about ideas, since most of us are not paid. It is about internet being a place where to share unconventional ideas. Otherwise, you just go and buy the morning edition of the newspaper, or switch to CNN, and you will "depend on CNN" as they say it. Sure you will understand when the pope will announce the aliens, because it will be a worldwide news. The role of the forums is BEFORE that moment comes.
edit on 4-6-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
ah another announcement , about an alledged forthcoming announcement - which if true renders the forth coming announcent rather moot

or am i being too cynical ?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Here is Skeptic Overlord's thread on what skunkworks is:

The Skunk Works Forum Rules As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

You can read the entire thread on what the skunkworks forum is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is not a bad thing.

Every once and a while they will move your thread into a better suited forum if they feel it belongs there.
I think because this is highly speculative they threw it in here.

I had one thrown into the hoax bin once because I didn't check the source and found it to be a known hoax site.
(Actually the thread turned out to be partly correct, who would of thought as the east coast did have record snowfalls last year) But it still remains in the hoax bin due to the source.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
And then I will say to Pope Francis: "pics or it didn't happen"

J/K, but at least we don't have to wait long for his speech

edit on 4-6-2015 by anotherdaytoday because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join