It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn of the Dead (remake)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The remake is GREAT. I've seen it a bunch of times. I like when they are shooting celebrity look-a-like zombies on the roof.

I also just watched the Rifftrax crew (MST3K crew) do Night of the Living Dead recently as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The celebrity lookalike part was funny.
The MST300 thing sounds funny to. That show cracks me up.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Dawn of the Dead remake is probably one of my favorite zombie movies, I agree everything was done well, for some reason Sarah Polley bugs the hell out of me so I'd prefer if she wasn't in it, but there are plenty of other characters to like.

The special features are really cool on the DVD too (do they even sell DVDs anymore? I'm assuming the same content is on the blueray versions?) There is Andy's video diary thing which is basically a bunch of video recordings from Andy's (the gun store owner) perspective which is pretty neat because the whole film you only see Andy from across the way (and shortly as a zombie) but the special features give you a look into what was going on at the gun store during the whole movie.

I really like the original too, I think they are different enough that they can he judged as completely different movies and not different versions of the same thing, I do think the original was better in some ways though. I really liked how in the original they went around and made fake walls and secret passages around the mall, and obviously when the bikers attack that was a pretty awesome situation.

I think the only thing that would have made the DotD remake better would have been if they included the biker assault part, I think it could have been done well enough that it was still a very different movie and didn't feel like a direct knock-off of the original.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

The last time I checked, I think they do still sell DVDs.
The special features sound cool. I haven't gotten to see them. It would be neat seeing what was going on with Andy the whole time.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

The last time I checked, I think they do still sell DVDs.
The special features sound cool. I haven't gotten to see them. It would be neat seeing what was going on with Andy the whole time.

You're in luck, it's on youtube!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that. It was really messed up.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Have to say, the remake of this remains my favorite zombie movie. Shaun of the Dead is second. 28 Days third (and no, not going to argue whether or not it is a zombie movie)....

The scene where she is driving away from the house, is my absolute favorite, all the chaos that happens in that scene. And she really acts it well.

The gun store survivalist and celebrity shooting gallery was priceless.

And of course, zombie baby.... What a sick, twisted idea THAT was.....

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Have to say, the remake of this remains my favorite zombie movie. Shaun of the Dead is second. 28 Days third (and no, not going to argue whether or not it is a zombie movie)....

The scene where she is driving away from the house, is my absolute favorite, all the chaos that happens in that scene. And she really acts it well.

The gun store survivalist and celebrity shooting gallery was priceless.

And of course, zombie baby.... What a sick, twisted idea THAT was.....

I haven't seen Shaun of the Dead yet. I'll look for it because I've wondered what everybody's talking about. I heard that two of the guys on it were zombies on Land of the Dead.
I liked the scene when she's driving away from her house, too. The fires, screaming, attacks, and general chaos were well done.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Shaun of the Dead is great like that (the chaos scene) in that it has two different scenes, where he's walking to work.

The first one, is pre-Zombie.

The second one, is post-Zombie.

The funny part is, to Shaun, he's so absorbed in his own thoughts, that he misses the difference at first (though the viewer is in on it).

Like all good zombie movies, it's really about the different people involved. It's more comedic than Dawn of the Dead, but still in a realistic way.

Just be sure to watch after the credits too though.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That sounds funny. I know people who are like that. They get so absorbed in something that they miss everything around them. I have to watch that.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
On the DVD there is a really cool extra mini movie which follows the gun store owner as he makes a video diary after getting bitten.
Worth a watch for fans.

A decent remake overall-time to give it another watch.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Shaun of the Dead is my favorite zombie movie of all time.

Though, I like that whole trilogy of movies anyways (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End) which is actually a satire of human maturity.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not sure they really go together like a "trilogy", but have to include "Paul" too.
Actually my second favorite Simon Pegg movie.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

"J'wan anyfing from the shop?"

"Cornetto"

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Not sure they really go together like a "trilogy", but have to include "Paul" too.
Actually my second favorite Simon Pegg movie.

Never heard of this?
Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join