It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov poised to roll back 140-year-old open carry gun ban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmind

Yes..........because merely open carrying a firearm causes such crap.

DO yourself a favor and maybe avoid ALL of the US, except places like maybe NYC, Detroit, LA and Chicago. They have wonderfully restrictive firearms laws and I am sure you will be much safer there.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
wonderful news; Now all they can set their sights on educating people about how they themselves bring money into existence when they sign a financial instrument such as an Application to Borrow Money.

For those not aware, all the bank does is take possession of the money your signature creates and lends it back to you with interest.

Research it, its all out there.

What the hell does this thread have to do with fiat currency?

Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmind
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Speaking as a Brit I am now quite certain that I will never go to Texas. How many irresponsible nitwits will now start walking down the street and shoot themselves by mistake?

Call it natural selection, natures way of getting rid of bad genes.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I was wondering what that completely unrelated bit of text was doing here, but I still gave him a star because there's entirely too many people who still just don't get it.

Side note- I'll never visit Texas for other reasons, but a+ on this!
Wish more places would follow suite.
(OK, I might stop in. But just to buy a nice rust free car to take back home!)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Azureblue
wonderful news; Now all they can set their sights on educating people about how they themselves bring money into existence when they sign a financial instrument such as an Application to Borrow Money.

For those not aware, all the bank does is take possession of the money your signature creates and lends it back to you with interest.

Research it, its all out there.

What the hell does this thread have to do with fiat currency?

Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

Actualy, looking back I can see that I did do that, My apologies, the little gray cells are going dark.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

DO yourself a favor and maybe avoid ALL of the US, except places like maybe NYC, Detroit, LA and Chicago. They have wonderfully restrictive firearms laws and I am sure you will be much safer there.

Well, now, you can't blame him for being scared. You know those evil guns just jump right out of the holster and fire all by themselves. Probably burn through a whole mag before you got control. Don't you know it's a miracle we can even make it through the day alive?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmind
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Speaking as a Brit I am now quite certain that I will never go to Texas. How many irresponsible nitwits will now start walking down the street and shoot themselves by mistake?

It's a big ocean Dude, thanks for staying on your side of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmind Everyone in the entire universe should have 1 year of required Texas residency......to see how it's done......mainly in construction, I used to say....complaining about the loss of getting it correct before the 18th try......That I observed in Seattle and the west coast....
now for firearms too....they have a " way "....down there....just cool and efficient and stimulates proper logic application to real lifes goings on

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You still are required to have a conceal carry licence it just now you can openly carry the firearm. This is a good thing because now you don't have to worry about your apparel keeping it concealed, and most people still choose to go the concealed route, but now they don't have to worry if it is accidentally visible.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Also Kansas passed a law requiring no license to carry a firearm at all concealed or open. They haven't had any issues, because responsible gun owners are just that.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
First of all, I am surprised that the government was able to implement the ban 140 years ago. How the hell did that happen?

In a time when nearly everyone carried a gun and education was not overly common, folks would go into town, get good and drunk, and trouble would ensue. Most towns had a very small policing force at that time so it was especially difficult for them to control the chaos.

Many towns started passing bans on "carrying a gun in town" like the infamous Tombstone, AZ. Eventually, the laws spread to more areas and the days of "cowboys walking around with 6-shooters" came to an end.

A lot of the existing laws against open carry and concealed carry stem from those days. It goes to show how difficult it is to get a law changed once it has been passed.

That's a good story but its wrong. Here's a hint... civil war.

After the civil war, Lincoln installed Governors to administrator the states during reconstruction.These people were called carpet baggers. One of the things that carpet baggers did in Texas was to pass a law banning open carry. It took until the 1990's for Texas to permit concealed carry. It took the infamous "Luby's" mass shooting and a huge public outcry for Texas to wise up and overturn Lincoln's law, at least partially. The Luby's cafeteria shooter, like all mass shooters, killed himself as soon as cops showed up and offered armed resistance. Most mass shooters are suicidal, the sooner armed resistance is met, the sooner the rampage is ended. Waiting even 5 minutes for police to arrive results in innocent lives that are wasted. And all mass shooting that have occurred in the US have occurred in "gun free" zones such as schools, universities, military bases. Seems mass shooters are just sane enough to go where people are most defenseless.

As an aside, after the civil war when Texas was finally permitted to vote and they voted the carpet bagger out of the governors office, they had to literally break down the door to his office to oust him.

And you should also know that Lincoln passed the civil war amendments to the constitution. One these amendments made the bill of rights enforceable on all states. Then he had his carpet baggers violate the second amendment by banning "constitutional" carry. Typical progressive, full of hypocrisy and contempt for the rule of law, creating laws for a society that doesn't exist in reality.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would have to agree with Darkmind on this issue except it really makes no difference what they do in the US now, there are to many guns to control as it stand so... F#*k it let em have em, I never planned on going back to the US anyways, just as it seems most of the people in this forum want it anyways, so we are all happy it seems. I'm glad we live in a world where we can agree to disagree, let the great experiment continue I'm sure this new law will stop all the mass shootings that happen... Let the bashing of anyone who disagrees with you (aka me) commence!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dieseldyk

originally posted by: Blueracer
First of all, I am surprised that the government was able to implement the ban 140 years ago. How the hell did that happen?

In a time when nearly everyone carried a gun and education was not overly common, folks would go into town, get good and drunk, and trouble would ensue. Most towns had a very small policing force at that time so it was especially difficult for them to control the chaos.

Many towns started passing bans on "carrying a gun in town" like the infamous Tombstone, AZ. Eventually, the laws spread to more areas and the days of "cowboys walking around with 6-shooters" came to an end.

A lot of the existing laws against open carry and concealed carry stem from those days. It goes to show how difficult it is to get a law changed once it has been passed.

That's a good story but its wrong. Here's a hint... civil war.

After the civil war, Lincoln installed Governors to administrator the states during reconstruction.These people were called carpet baggers. One of the things that carpet baggers did in Texas was to pass a law banning open carry. It took until the 1990's for Texas to permit concealed carry. It took the infamous "Luby's" mass shooting and a huge public outcry for Texas to wise up and overturn Lincoln's law, at least partially. The Luby's cafeteria shooter, like all mass shooters, killed himself as soon as cops showed up and offered armed resistance. Most mass shooters are suicidal, the sooner armed resistance is met, the sooner the rampage is ended. Waiting even 5 minutes for police to arrive results in innocent lives that are wasted. And all mass shooting that have occurred in the US have occurred in "gun free" zones such as schools, universities, military bases. Seems mass shooters are just sane enough to go where people are most defenseless.

As an aside, after the civil war when Texas was finally permitted to vote and they voted the carpet bagger out of the governors office, they had to literally break down the door to his office to oust him.

And you should also know that Lincoln passed the civil war amendments to the constitution. One these amendments made the bill of rights enforceable on all states. Then he had his carpet baggers violate the second amendment by banning "constitutional" carry. Typical progressive, full of hypocrisy and contempt for the rule of law, creating laws for a society that doesn't exist in reality.

That's a good story but it's, at least partially, wrong.

There were laws against carrying a gun in many states before the Civil War broke out.

You should have your facts straight before you claim someone is wrong.
edit on 6/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Permutation
I would have to agree with Darkmind on this issue except it really makes no difference what they do in the US now, there are to many guns to control as it stand so... F#*k it let em have em, I never planned on going back to the US anyways, just as it seems most of the people in this forum want it anyways, so we are all happy it seems. I'm glad we live in a world where we can agree to disagree, let the great experiment continue I'm sure this new law will stop all the mass shootings that happen... Let the bashing of anyone who disagrees with you (aka me) commence!!!!!!

44 states have open carry laws and there have been no issues stemming from those laws.

More states now allow concealed carry of handguns than at any time in the last 150 years but there have been no increases in shootings and the murder rates have actually been declining steadily for the last 15 years.

Stopping mass shootings is not the point. It never has been. I know that you folks who don't live in the US keep feeding on your country's propaganda and feel like we should do something about mass shootings but it's nonsense. All nonsense.

Keep repeating your narrative... doesn't make it true.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

originally posted by: macman

Well, now, you can't blame him for being scared. You know those evil guns just jump right out of the holster and fire all by themselves. Probably burn through a whole mag before you got control. Don't you know it's a miracle we can even make it through the day alive?

The anti-gun UK members prove, if nothing else, that the propaganda fed to them by their government is very effective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join