It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office': Obama's extraordinary claim

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

'I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office': Obama's extraordinary claim revealed as president bids to reduce tensions with Israeli leader over Iran
David Axelrod revealed what president told him in interview with Israeli television
One of Barack Obama's most senior advisers has told how the president said to him: 'I'm the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office.'
David Axelrod, one of the key figures in Obama's rise to the presidency and his first term in office, revealed the claim at the same time as the president tried to reduce tensions with Israel over an impending nuclear deal with Iran.
Axelrod made the assertion during an interview with Israeli journalist Ilana Dayan of Channel 2 news, according to news siteJPUpdates.com.
'You know, I think I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office,' the president said, according to Axelrod's account. 'For people to say that I am anti-Israel, or, even worse, anti-Semitic, it hurts.'
The claim was revealed hours before Channel 2 conducted its own interview with Obama, who has a difficult relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... aeli-leader-Iran.html#ixzz3c1Pnn02O
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lookit and all this time alot of y'all thought he was Muslim..

But for real though this reminded me of Clinton as the first Black President, whatever Clinton did bad or good he had a certain kinda swag that had Blk folks loving him. on a more curious note I'd never thought of posing this question before.. but is America ready for an outwardly Jewish president??..take your time and think about it for a second before answering.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter if Obama was Muslim, because he would still have to do what his Zionist masters ordered him to.

How many Christians have sat in the Oval Office simply spouting Zionist rhetoric? I know the last 3 British Prime Ministers have done exactly the same.

Is Obama a Bilderberger? You can't become leader of any E.U country unless you are.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

'I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office':

Rot Roh Shaggy.

Thems fighting words on ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I think this country can handle a president of ANY religion other than Christianity (for once), but the public will pretend like it can't up until it is proven wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Abraham was the first one God chose, and he had two sons - Ishmael and Isaac. Isaac's sons are recognized as Jews today. Ishmael's sons went on to become Muslims.

Obama better be careful what he says. If someone wants to make him out to be a hidden Muslim, this isn't going to defuse it.

/tinfoil

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think this country can handle a president of ANY religion other than Christianity (for once), but the public will pretend like it can't up until it is proven wrong.

Then we're in trouble because I don't see any atheist candidates running for 2016.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

'I am the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office': Obama's extraordinary claim

How in the hell can you be "close" to being a Jew? Either you are or you aren't.

Obama needs a script supervisor.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

2016 can't get here close enough.
Obama is a borderline fool at best if he actually said this...
How he became editor of harvards law journal is beyond me...
If true, this is perhaps the most obtuse statement a president has made in a quarter century...and that's saying something...pun intended

-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Atheist? I didn't say atheist. I said any religion other than Christianity. But in any case you are right, the candidates are all Christians again. Though I don't know why that makes us "in trouble". It's just more of the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Atheist? I didn't say atheist. I said any religion other than Christianity. But in any case you are right, the candidates are all Christians again. Though I don't know why that makes us "in trouble". It's just more of the same.

You said:

I think this country can handle a president of ANY religion other than Christianity

It sort of reads like you expect revolt if we wind up with one who says they are.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Last I checked there is such a thing as Muslims who practice Judaism! Now as to whether or not we will elect an outwardly Jewish president or not, it is possible and will probably happen before a Hispanic or Black Women is.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Actually, the Roosevelts were the closest to being Jews in the WH as they came from Jewish ancestry.

"Additional information regarding the nationality of the Roosevelt family, was given by Chase S. Osborn, early in 1934, at St. Petersburg, Florida. Mr. Osborn was formerly Governor of Michigan. The leading newspaper of the city (The Times) carried the following report after the interview: “Although a Republican, the former Governor has a sincere regard for President Roosevelt and his policies. He referred to the ‘Jewish ancestry’ of the President, explaining how he is a descendant of the Rossocampo family expelled from Spain in 1620. Seeking safety in German, Holland and other countries, members of the family, he said, changed their name to Rosenberg, Rosenbaum, Rosenblum, Rosenvelt and Rosenthal.

The Roosevelts in North Holland finally became Roosevelt, soon becoming apostates with the first generation and others following suit until, the fourth generation, a little storekeeper by the name of Jacobus Roosevelt was the only one who remained true to His Jewish Faith. It is because of this Jewish ancestry, former Governor Osborn said, that President Roosevelt has the trend of economic safety (?) In his veins.”
israelect.com...

edit on 3-6-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

President Obama once confided to a top adviser that he believes he is “the closest thing to a Jew that has ever sat in this office.”

Washington Times

In an interview by an Israeli TV station, former Obama adviser David Axelrod recalled the president venting in a moment of contemplation about criticisms that he doesn’t support Israel strongly enough...

He confided this to someone who then repeated it - to who?

Funny - when I went to look this up all I could find were mostly right wing media sources

Maybe the gist of this attributed statement is - he is the first non-standardissueCHRISTIANwhiteguy elected president

But, I wasn't there - so, I'm only guessing

:-)

edit on 6/3/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Was Thomas Jefferson the first Jewish president? Researchers studying Jefferson’s Y chromosome have found it belongs to a lineage that is rare in Europe but common in the Middle East, raising the possibility that the third president of the United States had a Jewish ancestor many generations ago.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No, I'm just saying that this country wouldn't tear itself apart if we elected a President that wasn't Christian for once. Though the rhetoric from the opposite side of the political spectrum from this theoretical candidate will make it sound like we will.

Basically, it would be a repeat of the time we had our first (and only) Catholic President.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Basically, it would be a repeat of the time we had our first (and only) Catholic President.

To be fair - our once and only Catholic president was elected - and then shot. I know we don't know why

But, some of these things don't go down easy

I agree - and we did elect our first black president. But, when we factor in how much extra added flak he's gotten (both obvious and subtle) I'm not so sure he actually won as the other guy just seriously lost
edit on 6/3/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Obama can just never be right - not even metaphorically. Right Stormdancer?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well, one thing for sure, Obama's half-brother is a JEW.

Mark Obama

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm circumcised if that counts... Just throwing that out there in case this gets to an un-scientific poll..

Have a great day!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How in the hell can you be "close" to being a Jew? Either you are or you aren't.

Obama needs a script supervisor.

c'mon....he was obviously ribbing the interviewer, not every utterance out of his mouth has to be taken as a cold hard statement of fact.....what next...the headlines 'OBAMA LIES ABOUT BEING A JEW"!!!!!.........geez, if that's the case, every republican politician has lied.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join