It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Video: Explosions rock Michigan neighborhood as US Army urban training begins

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Skyscrapers I think flints tallest building is maybe 10 stories and it a hospital. Downtown 5-6 maybe but it's been a while since I've stumbled those alleys. It used to be a great town up until the mid 80's

I'm talking about urban training exercises in Miami and Houston last year.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just to update everyone.... No ones being carted off to fema camps yet.. Flint is still safe, tho it's buildings have many fresh new holes, still safe.

And the big stink is over the breaching charges I've learned... They wakes babies up good, and flint has it share of babies....

I reckon it kinda goes like this.. If the people of flint paid More taxes the city wouldn't need the money... Now why they don't pay taxes is an entirely different argument that includes unions and Manual labor work and many valid sides, BUT bottom line is right now, this very second, flint is on the verge of bankruptcy. They need money and they have an abundance of buildings that need to be knocked down.. That's not free. The army is gonna help a bit with both.. We should be glad, blowing holes into all these buildings just means it ups the time table they have to be fully demo'ed and that ups the time table a new business/school can take its place... Instead of an old rotting building we can get some renewel going on.

So yes... It sucks the single moms of flint gotta deal with this for a bit, but its good for the over all and we need to start thinking that way as a people, enough of this selfish nonsense..

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

So yes... It sucks the single moms of flint gotta deal with this for a bit, but its good for the over all and we need to start thinking that way as a people, enough of this selfish nonsense..

I wonder if you think the flooding that occured in 2011 had zero to do with this?

What were the corps guys doing while the water was getting out of control in the first place? Maybe like the census, inspect in ten year increments?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Idk what any of that in missiissippi has anything to do with this stuff in flint. My wifi is down right now but as soon as I'm not burning data il watch the video. Update to follow...

If by the end of this some crazy terrible event takes place around Genesee county then ya I might be singing a different tune but il bet my last ten bucks that's not gonna be the case. The army is gonna breaching charge their way through flints a banded buildings and then GTFO. That's it. They aren't scouting for fema camps or trying to "condition" people, and I doubt they are trying to do anything nefarious at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I see millions in FREE Federal money in Flints future to tear down block after block of empty buildings.

My vision you might say!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While pondering all this a thought came to mind...

Why is everyone afraid? They think the government is attempting some sort of malicious act? The most malicious thing the government could do to the people of flint is.... Nothing.. The worst thing they could do is just leave it be how it is.. Flint is in its death throws. If they wanted to hurt the people of flint they could of just taken their money elsewhere..

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Anyways, to all those who keep saying that the military has been doing this all along...what about flying attack helicopters a hundred feet above city streets in major us cities darting around between skyscrapers. Has that been happening all along?

What are the first times you were aware of something like that happening? Date-wise, that is. When did you first start seeing that happen?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Thanks for the update. We'll be passing through Flint tomorrow afternoon on our way back north. I'll try and keep and eye out for anything interesting, be sure to keep the big camera out for the drive.

Though, I am kind of concerned of your usage of the term "safe" to describe Flint.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I see millions in FREE Federal money in Flints future to tear down block after block of empty buildings.

My vision you might say!

You really think they are going to tear down block after block of buildings? I hope someone can give us an update on whether or not Flint is getting a new landscape out of this. Highly doubt it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join