It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physician-Assisted Suicide Legislation introduced in Delaware House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

I would imagine that if you're still having trouble with the Karmic backlash of making that choice then that is a big sign that you're not sure that is the correct choice to make anyway.

Assuming there may be some karmic shame in your decision could be rooted in the fact that you subconsciously don't think suicide is the best answer. Perhaps there is some other answer which you know is better and more correct but perhaps don't want to face up to it. In that case suicide is just taking the easy out which is causing you guilt.

Of course I'm not a therapist so I could very well be way off in that opinion. I'd suggest perhaps talking to someone who deals with this stuff professionally.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I've recently come to a realization that there is no death, at least in an absolute sense, and that each of us is on an infinite journey that spans many incarnate lifetimes.

I came to this realization after being introduced to the writings of Allan Kardec. In particular "Heaven and Hell," with its stories of happy spirits, suffering spirits, suicides, and so one.
Source: www.allankardec.fi...

Upon realizing that our journey is an infinite one, I became despondent. But this gloomy attitude is changing, out of necessity. It seems there's no other choice, one has to make the best of each and every moment, of each and everyday, no matter the circumstances.

I'm trying to perceive hardships and suffering, as valuable learning experiences, that hopefully will not have to be repeated in another life. As I try my best, attempting to work on making this world a better place, I discover subtle rewards being placed on my doorstep from time to time.

A recent reward came in the form of a book series, written by Evelyn Underhill. I'm currently reading "Practical Mysticism." I savor a few pages each day, as if it were a box of sweet chocolates.
Source: www.gutenberg.org...

Although this world can seem so dark at times, there is light and magic to be had in life for those who seek it.

edit on 3-6-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

In the UK and Europe we have this recurring debate about physician-assisted suicide (euthanasia) and it always comes down to politicians having final say. It's the same in the US too and I have to focus on the UK because it's my back yard. Politicians, congressmen, members of parliament and so on should yield to the experience of working medical professionals. Individuals and families should have sovereignty over whether a loved one is allowed to die.

I have long stated that I believe in legalized assisted suicide for ANY adult who wants it, for ANY reason and at ANY time.

Me too just as long as they are competent to make the decision...or where incapable (PVS, locked-in syndrome etc) their families and doctors can make the call.

I'm culturally saturated enough to have conflicting views of the consequences of suicide and I've spent years considering such things. Sometimes I accept it's just the end of a life and other times I worry that maybe there's an afterlife and whatever our consciousness might be will feel remorse. Nevertheless, whatever happens, people in profound pain should have the right to a pain-free death at a time they choose.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Assisted suicide is legal in Oregon, Washington, and Vermont.
California is neutral on physician assisted suicide.
(not sure how they can be neutral .. either it's legal or it's not).

The same way Obama is neutral on illegal immigration--it's illegal to run across the border without proper documentation, but let's just turn a blind eye...

This has a long shot for getting passed, but I hope it does. I have long stated that I believe in legalized assisted suicide for ANY adult who wants it, for ANY reason and at ANY time. I appreciate the states that have made it legal for the terminally ill but that's not good enough, IMHO. What about the chronically ill? Any adult .. for any reason and not just for terminal illness. That's what the goal should be.

I agree...my body and life is mine, not the state's. Of course, a portion of my income is the states, and without my life, my income is gone--maybe that's their motivation.

Ever see the movie Soylent Green? People could walk into assisted death centers and 'go out' on their own terms in a pleasant fashion and with dignity. Those should be available around the world. Hopefully someday ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join