It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Conference to discuss Suprising Behavior on Pluto's Moons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug

NASA will host a media teleconference at 1 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, June 3, to discuss the Hubble Space Telescope’s surprising observations of how Pluto’s moons behave, and how these new discoveries are being used in the planning for the New Horizons Pluto flyby in July.

this could be it.....

Source

Yes, this could be 'it', if by IT your mean unknown amount of dust and possible small satellites/asteroids that might be on mission path....

The observations were made May 11-12 from a range of 47 million miles (76 million kilometers) using the telescopic Long Range Reconnaissance Imager (LORRI) on New Horizons. For these observations, LORRI was instructed to take 144 10-second exposures, designed to allow a highly sensitive search for faint satellites, rings or dust sheets in the system. The mission team is looking carefully for any indications of dust or debris that might threaten New Horizons before the spacecraft’s flight through the Pluto system on July 14; a particle as small as a grain of rice could be fatal.

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 3-6-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Didn't Buzz Aldrin say something cryptic about one of Pluto's moons? That there may be something artificial there? I know he is usually always kind of cryptic and makes statements then backtracks really quick.

Interesting story nonetheless - even if no Aliens!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: Wolfenz
a reply to: jaffo

Sure it turned out to be nothing. . . like twenty years later. So no, NASA didn't hide it from anyone. And how can you use them admitting that they see things they can't identify as proof that they are hiding things from us? Seems pretty counter-intuitive to me.

They Would not saying thing if something wasn't Leaked .... Right ...

Remember he said Many many Times ... Yet this was the First exposure to this in the MEDIA in the PUBLIC Right ...

Here's the Kicker ... if these Mystery Objects were seen for years and they Couldn't confirm of what it was .. These Mystery Objects .. yet Not tell anyone ? Nor Reported this to Other Nations or even to University's of the Possibility's of what the Strange Objects are ... Yet there is documents from the Voice Recorder of what Members of Sky lab 3 in 1973 has seen a Red Glowing Object

Yeah, IN EARTH ORBIT! Good lord. So now Nibiru is orbiting earth? Actually, yes, according to the data from conspiracy theorists.

GOOD LORD !!!!

You have some Belief in this # like Nibiru

I'm stating something that is a Fact Here ... and Where the F*** did i mention Nibaru ?

the Transmissions of Sky Lab the crew talking about a Strange red glowing object...

Stop Trolling this # and Derailing this Thread Msg me if need be

The Plasma Tube's could be the Cause of these Doom & gloom like Happenings Especially the Sound in the SKY all over the World as something is going on with the Magnetic field

Earth's Magnetic Field Flip Could Happen Sooner Than Expected
Changes measured by the Swarm satellite show that our magnetic field is weakening 10 times faster than originally predicted, especially over the Western Hemisphere
www.scientificamerican.com...

Weird Shift of Earth's Magnetic Field Explained
by Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com Contributor | October 09, 2013 01:01pm ET
www.space.com...

How Earth's Magnetic Field Shielded Us from 2014 Solar Storm
by Charles Q. Choi, Space.com Contributor | May 30, 2015 07:30am ET

www.space.com...

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago6153 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Man, I love that people here are so into ridicululing others. Its not even funny. I've grown to hate ats lol

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TopSecretAbove

People just come here to stroke their ego. Learning new things isnt in most peoples interest.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: TopSecretAbove

People just come here to stroke their ego. Learning new things isnt in most peoples interest.

This is true. Personally, the diversity of this site and the knowledge it contains satisfies me. It is saddening to see people post with the sole purpose of 'getting one over' on a member.

On topic.
From the title and the subsequent 'this is it' quote my immediate thought was some kind of activity on Pluto's moons whether it be extra-terrestrial or non-terrestrial or what have you. The title of the thread is 'Media Conference to discuss Surprising Behaviour on Pluto's Moons' whereas the title of the article is 'NASA to Hold Media Call to Discuss Surprising Observations of Pluto’s Moons'

'Behaviour on' suggests suggests activity actually on the moons rather than the behaviour OF the moons themselves which is what the article is actually talking about.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My prediction is that Pluto will be found to have a fairly strong magnetic field, and both the orbits and odd moon motions is all by way of electromagnetic forces. Odd that the planets with the strongest magnetic fields have the most moons, isn't it? Maybe someone will find an exception, but looks like a good general rule to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join