It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious hate crime here in Philly but the cops and media won' touch it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UnBreakable

All you libs are apathetic unless of course when something happens to you or yours, then it becomes serious.

This is the entire problem with how we approach issues. Too many people view news and events through a filter of their own political views. That's why you had to throw in the jab at Al and Obama. It's become obligatory for anyone to include in their comments when discussing issues like.

It lacks originality and free thought.

Also, I'm not liberal. You assume too much.

My point is that we focus too much on these sorts of stories to push a racial narrative. We fall for it every time.

A jab at Al and Obama? My point is, and maybe I'm mistaken, they only weigh in on situations where there has been a black victim such as Travon, Mike Brown, etc. at the hands of a cop or a white, never where it's a white victim. I'm falling for a "racial narrative"? This situation in Phila. is all about race. It's the CNNs and MSNBCs that make it all about race and exacerbate situations when the victims are minorities.

Well they also tend to weigh in when a racial attack gains national attention. I'm not excusing their behaviors for preselecting white on black racial attacks, but to expect them to weigh in on EVERY racial event in the country is just silly.

Your story in the OP doesn't have national media attention and isn't being talked about in every household in the country. That is a SHARP contrast between the cases you mentioned.
edit on 3-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yea, now that is bullcrap. If the situation had been reverse, it would be all over news with the good morning america crew broadcasting from the streets!

from the information, it seems that the people did their part and reported the crimes, only the police never bothered to investigate these claims. The cops not looking into an incident like this is nothing new, not matter skin color.

You know kicking those women's asses would solve this, real quick. All the neighbors have to do is gang up on them, no way they can fight the whole hood.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

This isn't even comparable to Ferguson.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

People never want to bring Obama or anyone else into the equation when that is exactly who needs to be unbiased in these situations

What the hell can Obama do about these sorts of issues? Sign an executive order? Push a bill through congress requiring everyone to not be racist?

All Obama can do is speak publicly about such issues, and he does, but it's just considered more race-baiting by those that disagree with him politically.

That's the entire point. The only reason people invoke his name, or names like Sharpton, is for partisan political purposes.

Not the way I see it at all. He only speaks on racial issues when it is FOR the black community. I don't recall him saying any white kid "could have been me" in a talk on race. I don't recall Holder getting any team of investigators involved in a white death from a black. I don't recall protests over white deaths being widely reported or spoken about by the current administration or Al Sharpton. And MSM is controlled by these groups.....so much so that Obama even publicly states his disdain for Fox, who doesn't support him. The fact is that MSM and the coverage of all of these events ARE political in nature.

Sorry, but if you think you can separate the two, you are sadly incorrect.

Obama COULD do a lot about it....but doesn't. He doesn't want to seem as if he is taking the whites side by publicly denouncing anything blacks are doing or stating the obvious.....they are being racist. And no....he doesn't do this....nor does his wife. They both continually push the race issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

He only speaks on racial issues when it is FOR the black community.

Then you need to do a little research and find the speeches he gave to black groups in which he was very critical of how the black communities and families are going down the wrong paths.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It isn't race that makes this odd but the fact you have 4 women running around attacking people they don't know. No surveillance video of any of these attacks? Sounds like it has happened on multiple occasions because I know you can't get a whole neighborhood out to protest over a one-time event.

I have a feeling we will hear nothing more of this and the 4 women will move on and find people somewhere else to pick on.

link   
Kinda curious, did any of these outraged folks go to the city? Surely Philadelphia has a civilian oversight committee whose sole function is police oversight?

How about the state attorney generals office, if the cops are so incompetent?

There are any number of avenues of approach to solving this problem.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UnBreakable

All you libs are apathetic unless of course when something happens to you or yours, then it becomes serious.

This is the entire problem with how we approach issues. Too many people view news and events through a filter of their own political views. That's why you had to throw in the jab at Al and Obama. It's become obligatory for anyone to include in their comments when discussing issues like.

It lacks originality and free thought.

Also, I'm not liberal. You assume too much.

My point is that we focus too much on these sorts of stories to push a racial narrative. We fall for it every time.

A jab at Al and Obama? My point is, and maybe I'm mistaken, they only weigh in on situations where there has been a black victim such as Travon, Mike Brown, etc. at the hands of a cop or a white, never where it's a white victim. I'm falling for a "racial narrative"? This situation in Phila. is all about race. It's the CNNs and MSNBCs that make it all about race and exacerbate situations when the victims are minorities.

Well they also tend to weigh in when a racial attack gains national attention. I'm not excusing their behaviors for preselecting white on black racial attacks, but to expect them to weigh in on EVERY racial event in the country is just silly.

Your story in the OP doesn't have national media attention and isn't being talked about in every household in the country. That is a SHARP contrast between the cases you mentioned.

Agreed. My point is, it's going to be a national story soon unless the cops do something. The perps are going to attack or home invade a white who is going to shoot and kill someone. And only then will it become a national story. Hopefully it will be fair coverage and detail what led up to the incident.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That may happen. You are right, but then again it might not. It is tough to predict what will and won't be the next boiling point in the country. For all you know, they'll be arrested tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Kinda curious, did any of these outraged folks go to the city? Surely Philadelphia has a civilian oversight committee whose sole function is police oversight?

How about the state attorney generals office, if the cops are so incompetent?

There are any number of avenues of approach to solving this problem.

"The victims further claim responding officers from the 3rd district did not even take a report or make any arrests in Frank Milillo of the 3rd district says he is looking into the complaints.

"And whether this winds up being a training issue, then we'll retrain the officers, but if the investigation reveals something more drastic where punitive action has to be taken, where formal disciplinary action might have to be taken, then that's what we'll do," Milillo said.

A criminal complaint has been filed with the district attorney's office on the four women said to be involved in the attacks, but so far no charges have been filed".

6abc.com...

edit on 3-6-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sad state of affairs in the US for you to develop this sort of rationale. To compare the death of a young black teenager to a street protest, and criticising the president for not exercising the same authority is just plain crazy.

I would love you to explain what Obama could do about this neighbourhood street protest, probably the same type that happens in all 50 states on a duly basis. Should he address all crimes in all states?

Remember the women are scum because they are scum, not because they are black. Race doesn't dictate their morals

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Talk about a rush to judgement. Good lord.

One woman says they called her a white something. One person. Apparently not even corroborated.

No word on whether all the victims are white or not. 1/4 of south philly is identified as black.

Could it be four chicks decided this hood was their next easy bankroll for a week or two? Nope, has to be racially motivated. Has to be put on par with situations that resulted in the taking of a life. IT HAS TO BE DAMMIT!

Methinks some here would do good to learn what the actual legal definition of a hate crime is, instead of applying the label to whatever they wish it to be. By now we should've all seen how well it works out when you call something a hate crime when it isn't.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Sad state of affairs in the US for you to develop this sort of rationale. To compare the death of a young black teenager to a street protest, and criticising the president for not exercising the same authority is just plain crazy.

I would love you to explain what Obama could do about this neighbourhood street protest, probably the same type that happens in all 50 states on a duly basis. Should he address all crimes in all states?

Remember the women are scum because they are scum, not because they are black. Race doesn't dictate their morals

Race doesn't dictate their morals?

"Another woman who also did not want to be identified says the women attacked her inside her home calling her racial epithets when she tried to intervene.

"Next thing I know, I hear, 'white [expletive] we're gonna [expletive] you up!'" the woman said. "Next thing I know they're inside spitting at me, pounding at my face, beating me.""
6abc.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The only logical solution here is, of course, for the whites to go apesh!t and burn down half the neighborhood and loot the other half. That always works.

But seriously, an entire neighborhood cant handle a few female thugs beating folks up? Protesting?? Lol. Jeez people, somebody go to Walmart and buy a shotgun. This isnt that difficult.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So they have.

The next step would be the state attorney generals office. Or, just maybe, there's nothing the cops can do yet. That little thing called probable cause.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Likely nothing will come of this until one of the attackers gets shot and killed by a white person, cop or civilian.

At which time there will be riots.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Likely nothing will come of this until one of the attackers gets shot and killed by a white person, cop or civilian.

Unfortunately, I believe you are 100% correct in this assumption...

All Lives Matter.

Victimizing people in the neighborhood and getting away with it is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if the crimes were brutal murders or muggings, these individuals are committing them and getting away with it. Crimes, violent or not, change people. It causes them anxieties they didn't have before, especially children.

These people need to be arrested and stand trial for the crimes they have committed, period.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My daughter goes to Temple University (in Philadelphia).

She says that blacks targeting whites and using racial slurs against them are not uncommon.
edit on b000000302015-06-03T10:22:30-05:0010America/ChicagoWed, 03 Jun 2015 10:22:30 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: To clarify

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Do you know of a story of 4 white women that were going around commiting hate crimes that got national attention?

All we ever hear is if this and if that...

How about we stop living in what if land.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It isn't race that makes this odd but the fact you have 4 women running around attacking people they don't know. No surveillance video of any of these attacks? Sounds like it has happened on multiple occasions because I know you can't get a whole neighborhood out to protest over a one-time event.

I have a feeling we will hear nothing more of this and the 4 women will move on and find people somewhere else to pick on.

Hope you're right before the protestors take matters into their own hands, since the cops won't do anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Like when Al Sharpton called whites 'crackers' while speaking at a college no less.

Listen to this guy....same guy who called out Sterling...the same guy who has been to the WHite House more than just about anyone.

Linl

Obama, with his famous White House Beer Summit regarding Henry Gates.

Obama has NOT ONCE addressed black on white or black on black crime.

There is a serious issue in this country that no one wants to touch and no one wants to talk about.
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002015-06-03T12:30:53-05:001253 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join