It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Conflict antiquities’: Method to ISIL's vandalism madness .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

Not sure if this has been covered before a quick search turned up nothing . The article explores or suggests that isis is in fact selling antiquities and i am sure most would agree that to sell them makes a lot of sense . Wars caliphates etc take money to run . But what i find very interesting is the last line in the last paragraph .

though the group has said that it will not destroy the Greco-Roman and Persian ruins that lie there.

Anyone else think this is a very odd thing to state . Thoughts ATS .
edit on 3-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

S/F.
This is a sickening situation.

The Islamic State could be making a huge profit on artifacts it seizes from conflict zones, and may be using its destructive reputation to drive up prices on the black market.

The terror group, which some experts believe may have up to $2 billion stashed away, has been reported as destroying precious cultural artifacts and sites in Iraq and Syria.

Read more at www.9news.com.au...

What the hell is wrong with people??

sigh

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am a bit torn on this . On the one hand it is good if these artefacts are not being destroyed , on the other the money goes to isis . Lives before artefacts is the only answer i can come up with .
edit on 3-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Well it is a big $ asset .They are going through all the motions to sell the oil and it's not like they have a lot of customers they can do that with .With the antiquities market it's a different set of customers that could be living in any country .Like drugs that seem to find their way to the street people I would think that private collectors would be quite easy to find .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

But my question is why are Greco Roman and Persian antiquities of their list . Surely it is not because they are afraid of the Italian and Greek armies rolling in . The Persian stuff , well , Iran is waiting to jump right in . Lots of unanswered questions about this lot .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Come on, its purely about money and greed and probably drugs. Also any suggestion other than islamic is poison to people stuffed to the brain with one dogmatic perspective on life. Any suggestion of the success of earlier civilisations not founded on islamic principles would be an anathema to them. They have shown their pig ignorance by smashing ancient statues and carvings etc.

They can have all the money in the world, but once America and Israel don't need them anymore and any others of their brokers, they will be smashed to pieces and disappear. Most will die simply because they are too dangerous now to be allowed into civilised society and could not be trusted not to go loopy when alone with their thoughts on what they have done.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes but the above mentioned ones are somehow off limits .Why .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yes but the above mentioned ones are somehow off limits .Why .

Maybe George Soros collects those.

new topics

top topics

join