It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish sect tells London mothers to stop driving:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Belz rabbis in Stamford Hill say children driven to school by their mothers will be turned away for breaching ‘traditional rules of modesty’
Leaders of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish sect in north London have said children who are driven to school by their mothers will be turned away at the school gates.

Rabbis from the marginal Hasidic sect Belz have told women in Stamford Hill who drive that they go against “the traditional rules of modesty in our camp”.

Orthodox Jewish sect's female driver ban condemned by Nicky Morgan
Read more
In a letter sent to parents last week, seen by the Jewish Chronicle, they say there has been an increase in the number of mothers driving their children to school and add that this has led to “great resentment among parents of pupils of our [Hasidic] institutions”.

The letter says the ban, to come into force in the summer, is based on the recommendations of Rabbi Yissachar Dov Rokeach, the Belzer spiritual leader in Israel.

It says that if a mother has no other choice but to drive her child to school – for medical reasons, for example – she should “submit a request to the special committee to this effect and the committee shall consider her request”.

The move has been met with some disagreement within the Orthodox community. Dina Brawer, the UK ambassador of the Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance, said: “What this is really about is the curtailing of women’s freedom of movement rendering them dependent on men. It’s an issue of power and control not one of religious sensibility.
www.theguardian.com...

Sigh! Why is there an ancient beef between religions again?? the above sounds like the rules of that very conservative religious fundie nation where women are banned from driving..some one help a brotha out pls I can't remember the name..I think it's starts with an S.
While the on the other hand this fundie cleric said masturbating will cause your hand to be pregnant in the after life.
Masturbating Can Get Your Hands Pregnant In The Afterlife, Muslim Televangelist Warns
www.huffingtonpost.com...
I-am sorry I can't do it, I can't take these folks seriously , I do realize that many do great work of counseling,feeding and clothing the unfortunate but daaang other members of faith will cancel out the good by doing or saying something really silly or murderous.

edit on 3-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You might want to rethink your headline there. And I will masturbate when I damn well please!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Rabbis from the marginal Hasidic sect Belz have told women in Stamford Hill who drive that they go against “the traditional rules of modesty in our camp”.

Are they driving naked or something ????

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well if the rabbi is right at least us guys with pregnant hands will be the majority in the afterlife, it will be what all the cool people have.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm going to start naming the lil bastards now.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Edit headline upon request.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Well if the rabbi is right at least us guys with pregnant hands will be the majority in the afterlife, it will be what all the cool people have.

It's the Muslim televangelist with the pregnant hands, the rabbis are just sexist pricks.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Good job!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Hmmmm I know a good place where they ban women from driving (hint: its a Middle Eastern Country and a close ally of the US)
edit on 3-6-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
“EARTHQUAKES ARE CAUSED BY THE JEANS-WEARING WOMEN”
www.newindianexpress.com... cle2840945.ece

Notice the heavy burden is always placed on the females, why??

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Yeh, and im glad Ive still got foreskin to do it

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
any one else see the flaw in the "logic " ?

punish the child - because thier mother drives ?????????

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ever been to Stamford Hill?
Its literally jew central lol
let them decide how they wanna rule their people as long as it doesnt affect people who are not of their faith then it shouldn't be an issue. These women do not have to be told how and if they can worship their god so the choice is theirs.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

This is a perfect example of religion is the oldest form of mind control.

Its also a perfect example of how religious bosses are able to yield so much power over people.

its also a perfect example of how stupid people can be and just give up their freedom to some bloke who reckons he's some super duouper know all.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

People forget despite how sweet you look, you have mini sharp fangs and claws - good luck with masturbating with those claws.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just imagine the outrage if it was a Muslim trying to ban women from driving in London...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thomadom
Ever been to Stamford Hill?
Its literally jew central lol
let them decide how they wanna rule their people as long as it doesnt affect people who are not of their faith then it shouldn't be an issue. These women do not have to be told how and if they can worship their god so the choice is theirs.

Hell No!..secular nation secular rules for everyone bar none, especially if it infringes on the rights of individuals or group.

Wait a sec. is Britain a secular nation?? I am working under the assumption that it is, but I just remember the Church of England and all that, so maybe you are correct in letting them do whatever.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

There will alway be a fringe of people who crave to be part of a sect, its their claim to a different identity to the rest of the world and they deliberately dress differently to show the world they are special. The nose goes up in the air and they believe they are above everyone else who - they claim are sinners according to the rules they love to follow.

Great for them but if others don't believe them or refuse to buy into their beliefs and bow before them, they get upset and feel persecuted because they demand respect and to set the rules. Hence their control over their women.

People forget that religion has moved from many societies that were matriarchal and the emphasis is to keep it patriarchal hence the strict rules that disempower the women. I can't help feeling that its unbalanced throughout the desert religions and their war is fought daily against women, rather than sin which they see the woman as representing.
Reflected guilt is a sad thing and goes merrily unrecognised with male-dominated beliefs and only makes them the more sterile and dull.

Knowing the strength of many Jewish women I suspect they will have a fight on their hands. It might not be so easy and convenient to take the car away from the female driver, as I can't see many of the men wanting to shop for school shoes and food etc. In London I would much prefer my family driven than walking on the streets, especially during darker nights.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

why - what difference does it make ????????????????

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

All i'm saying is they are happy to stick within their own communities and abide by their faith and not use it as a tool to terrorise those of other beliefs. As religion is a choice these people tend to be content living like this, its mostly us outsiders who see the inequalities.
And we all know secular means nothing in this country. London is divided by ethnic and cultural communities so everyone can practice their beliefs in relative safety.
I personally find no problem in this until it poses a threat to people not of that faith.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join