It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green "Jellyfish" UFO Photographed by Dutch Photog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
That is most-certainly a lens flair. Probably caused by a speck of moisture or dust on or in the lens.

You can tell because the "tail" is in a direction aligned with the setting sun.

I agree. It's a bit different than most but as a photographer, I believe this is a lens flare as well. Weird one though, I'll give them that!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
To me it looks like the norway spiral.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
It's green which is a pretty normal color for a meteor . And it appears to be breaking the sound barrier like the plane in this picture .

But that picture would've had to been snapped the second it met air resistance .

Well here is a fleet breaking the sound barrier then

Lens flare

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: Greathouse
It's green which is a pretty normal color for a meteor . And it appears to be breaking the sound barrier like the plane in this picture .

But that picture would've had to been snapped the second it met air resistance .

Well here is a fleet breaking the sound barrier then

Lens flare

I concur with SO's agreement smart ass .

But I laughed anyway good comeback !!!

edit on 3-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Glad you like it no malice intended I have posted that on a few threads on here when this type comes up.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, sry if this is not the place but I can't start a thread yet. I'm also from the Netherlands and I saw something I haven't seen before yesterdaynight.

When it is a clear night I like to do some stargazing eventhough there is alot of lightpollution around my area. I've seen planes, up high or down low with landinglights. Track satelites with the ISS being the brightest. And even get to enjoy the occasional debris entering the atmosphere.

So, last night june 3rd at appr. 23:35 local time in the south of the Netherlands I saw what looked like a satelite. It was heading South to North and I was looking at it towards the west. But as it caught my eye, it lit up like I've never seen before. In a period of about three seconds it became bright white. For a brief moment it was the brightest object in the sky. It faded quickly and as it did it had what appeared like a small tail of white light residue, of lack of better term. It had a constant speed that was about half of that of the ISS. It seemed to me to be moving slow, slower then the usual satelite I observe.

The sightning was pretty impressive, although I will be the first to admit it could very well be a satelite. Could it be that because it was between me and the sun it created somekind of super bright flare? I'm familiar with the panels lightning up and dimming down, but that proces takes much longer in my tracking of satelites. Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

What you've described sounds like an Iridium flare..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thnx for the explanation, fits the bill pretty good.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Regardless of what that thing is, it looks awesome! My mind wants to believe it's a UFO, but it may just be lens flare. So sad, lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is a photographic anomaly. But either way, it looks awesome!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join