It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times/CBS Poll Concurs: Americans Hate Citizens United

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Guess it is not just us here on ATS, nobody likes Citizens United. How do we get a clear message to the Arrogant Robed Ones? Even Republicans seek more disclosure by outside spending organizations.

link
edit on 2-6-2015 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I get where you are coming from but look at the pool supplying results.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Guess it is not just us here on ATS, nobody likes Citizens United. How do we get a clear message to the Arrogant Robed Ones? Even Republicans seek more disclosure by outside spending organizations.

link

Nobody? Or just people who are likely to read the NY Times and watch CBS? Those aren't exactly the same thing.

Or if I posted the results of a FOX News poll on some subject or other and said something similar - that "nobody" likes X or Y, would you buy it?
edit on 2-6-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That 14th Amendment is a tough cookie to chew.

So is the 1st.

edit on Jun-02-2015 by xuenchen because: [-x-]wookie

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

link

Yeah, I think most people are beginning to realize that the influence that big money plays in politics is bad.

I hold it is a legalized form of corruption.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
That 14th Amendment is a tough cookie to chew.

So is the 1st.

edit on Jun-02-2015 by xuenchen because: [-x-]wookie

Don't forget the soft creamy center of the cookie from the 2nd to the 13th...

Just like an Oreo, the cookie is getting smaller and smaller with less substance.

Jude

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Of course, looking at the story, it looks like its built around the question you pop up which simply asks if there need to be changes in the way campaigns are funded. The question shown which respondents were presumably asked mentions Citizens United not at all, so I am even more unsure how the anyone concludes that the decision is the root of all this hatred.

For myself, I dislike how Unions are basically money laundering orgs for certain politcians and their members have no say in how their dues are spent in the politicking.

But that has nothing to do with Citizens United.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Union member here, totally agree with you. As a member i am expected to contribute to a "political education fund" with no say in how the money is spent. I am also told who to vote for.

Unions these days are not worker oriented, they are a political fund driving tool. Nothing more. But as long as the sheep get a raise every year they line up for it. Meanwhile our country is going down the toilet, big freaking whup on that raise when we are shooting each other in the streets for a loaf of bread.

As far as citizens united goes, i have no idea, perhaps the OP instead of thread dumping and running could engauge in the conversation and share some insight as to why they are so bad...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is a prime example of 1+1=3.

The entire premise of the OP is flawed as is the source.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

it's completely possible that this poll is accurate. I certainly agree with its results...

But the NYTimes/CBSNews? More than a little slanted, editorial bias.

Now if it had been NYTimes/FOXNews? The slant would have been cancelled out, at least a bit.

top topics

join