It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress sends NSA phone-records bill to president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
They call it "The Freedom Act".

It'll be about freedom as much as the Patriot Act was patriotic.

This is why I won't support Paul. Wonder if he voted for this little treasure.

YAY.

More 4th Amendment violations.

Congress and the president suck.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Looks like Rand Paul voted "Nay".

Bernie Sanders - Nay

Al Franken - Yea (
)

Liz WARREN - Yea !!!

June 2nd vote

edit on Jun-02-2015 by xuenchen because: [_-o-_]

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Surprised Warren voted for it, but if that's accurate should she choose to run she just lost my vote. Sanders and Paul stayed the course though.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I think it just means that their monitoring supercomputers (and programs associated with it) have become more advanced. Nothing has changed, nor will it. The capabilities have just improved. Of course they can make a law to make it look like "everything is ok". Welcome to the NSA surveillance apparatus that is continually improving and adapting!

I will wait to see if this has improved the safety of Americans in any way in the next 10 years. My prediction-It might stop SOME nefarious activity. Maybe 1 or 2 counts of nefarious activity. Is it worth it? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

I think it just means that their monitoring supercomputers (and programs associated with it) have become more advanced. Nothing has changed, nor will it. The capabilities have just improved. Of course they can make a law to make it look like "everything is ok". Welcome to the NSA surveillance apparatus that is continually improving and adapting!

I will wait to see if this has improved the safety of Americans in any way in the next 10 years. My prediction-It might stop SOME nefarious activity. Maybe 1 or 2 counts of nefarious activity. Is it worth it? I don't think so.

If we go by results, both observed and admitted the NSA so far has a 0% success rate at stopping terrorist or even major criminal attacks.

What their surveillance is overwhelmingly being used for is drug enforcement, where it has seen moderate success.

The problem here is that drug enforcement isn't their mission, and it's not why these bills were passed.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Seems Paul didn't filibuster this bill.

It's all a damned show.

Diogenes would weep.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It's all a damned show.

Diogenes would weep.

It takes 60 votes to beat a filibuster, they had 67. Paul didn't filibuster because he couldn't.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: beezzer

It's all a damned show.

Diogenes would weep.

It takes 60 votes to beat a filibuster, they had 67. Paul didn't filibuster because he couldn't.

And because he was part of the plan. Obfuscation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join