It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perents BEWARE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: hudsonhawk69

Wow.
And I thought our justice system was screwed up.

Yep... Our justice systems are far more dysfunctional than most people realize!

I guess that you gotta through the system to know!..

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

I don't think you brought anything constructive to the discussion,and are only looking to troll the op over a spelling mistake. Really,if your going to post something,at least make it on subject and not to try to down the op. Spelling isn't his problem here,its this girl.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: FinalCountdown

I don't think you brought anything constructive to the discussion,and are only looking to troll the op over a spelling mistake. Really,if your going to post something,at least make it on subject and not to try to down the op. Spelling isn't his problem here,its this girl.

In hindsight I that perhaps her response was supposed to be sarcastic... It really didn't come Off that way though.
This is often such a poor media through which to communicate...

I appreciate your support.

I wish that more of my experiences on ATS were as supportive as I have experienced here...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Wow that's dreadful, but actually not unusual, except perhaps to the level of violence in this case and how it's incredible to believe that the authorities have not intervened in neutralising this threat, considering how her claims are directed at a multitude of individuals and more than likely, by at least a professional, could've easily have been picked up as all lies and allegedly were so by a police officer.

It concerns me that you say a police officer commented on her in such a way. Now over here in the UK, the police (at least from what I know in the MPS) have a duty to communicate such concerns to third parties, in this case, social services, especially if there are other children within the household. In this extreme case, she could be sectioned under the Mental Health Act under section 2 initially, then section 3 which allows a greater period of detention. It concerns me that as so many have been involved but that no authority has taken action, it also concerns me that the police are aware, but again, no further action has been taken.

I can only comment from a UK perspective, but I find it appalling that little action has actually been taken to somewhat control what seems to be a spiralling situation. We drop the ball in the UK too, but usually in cases where little to no evidence exists of a threat and they are investigated by inexperienced officers who cannot pick up on the subtle signs of a major red flag situation. Where there is evidence of such violence and the police still fail to act, it's more to do with time wasting and communication breakdown that actually just shrugging shoulders.

I hope you get this resolved, my advice to you is to sought getting her sectioned. If this cannot be achieved then sought action to remove her from your house, be it through social services or the courts themselves. As harsh as this is, if you don't this could well be a situation that finds itself on the front page of your national newspaper. I know that sounds nasty and please I don't mean that in a nasty way, I've just seen it before. Never be complacent when dealing with violence.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace

I appreciate what you're sayin'. She is gone from the house (living at her boyfriends place) and I am now a violent offender... I'm just really venting here!

Cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I haven't bothered to read any replies past the first page yet but DUDE!!!!!!!!!

She has laid a false rape complaint against a young to boy to cover the fact that her 21yo drug dealing boyfriend got her pregnant when she was twelve.

THAT IS RAPE. She didn't false accuse any one of anything in that case! When did her behavior problems start? I am guessing somewhere around that time. I am sorry, but if you didn't get her the proper help after that, and didn't make sure that she got the proper emotional support she would have needed after that, then you have played a role in creating her issues.

Due to your quote above I have zero sympathy for you.

Edit to read

I suspect that he drugged and raped her more than once.
I really do not have any sympathy for you now. This girl needed serious emotional help. As her stepfather YOU had a responsibility to get her that help. If what you say is true, her behavior is to be expected without therapy and possibly a stay at a treatment center.
edit on 6/3/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Sounds like years of untreated ODD.

Sorry compadre.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you. I had a stepson who was very like your stepdaughter except that he had never been abused as we usually think of that term. Instead he was his mother's favored son and could never do wrong. To her those holes he punched in the walls were just his "high spirits" and the theft of money and alcohol were just "pilfering, like all kids do."
I know that horrible helpless feeling.
I hope you and your partner can work through this and put it behind you. I'm pretty sure you have already figured out that one day you will get "that call," the one that begins, "I'm sorry to have to inform you..." Look to each other for strength to nurture your children and each other.
My prayers are with you.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I haven't bothered to read any replies past the first page yet but DUDE!!!!!!!!!

She has laid a false rape complaint against a young to boy to cover the fact that her 21yo drug dealing boyfriend got her pregnant when she was twelve.

THAT IS RAPE. She didn't false accuse any one of anything in that case! When did her behavior problems start? I am guessing somewhere around that time. I am sorry, but if you didn't get her the proper help after that, and didn't make sure that she got the proper emotional support she would have needed after that, then you have played a role in creating her issues.

Due to your quote above I have zero sympathy for you.

Edit to read

I suspect that he drugged and raped her more than once.
I really do not have any sympathy for you now. This girl needed serious emotional help. As her stepfather YOU had a responsibility to get her that help. If what you say is true, her behavior is to be expected without therapy and possibly a stay at a treatment center.

It wasn't till some months after the false rape claim the we found out that her boyfriend got her pregnant... not the ex that she accused of raping her. Yes it is still rape. Yeah she really did lie about it to protect her current drug dealing pedo boyfriend.
Yes she was engaged with mental health at the time. She did have all the help and support she could wish for. She wrapped her social worker and psych around her finger to the point that it was they who recommended against our better judgement that she be allowed continued contact with her BF because he was apparently the only person she could talk to...
We have done everything we could for her. She has had the type of and amount of support that other children only dream about.
I hear what you are sayin'. please keep in mind that what you have read here is the tiniest part of a much larger story spanning many years...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Sounds like years of untreated ODD.

Sorry compadre.

If by OOD you mean Narcissistic Personality Disorder... Then yes.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
My heart goes out to you. I had a stepson who was very like your stepdaughter except that he had never been abused as we usually think of that term. Instead he was his mother's favored son and could never do wrong. To her those holes he punched in the walls were just his "high spirits" and the theft of money and alcohol were just "pilfering, like all kids do."
I know that horrible helpless feeling.
I hope you and your partner can work through this and put it behind you. I'm pretty sure you have already figured out that one day you will get "that call," the one that begins, "I'm sorry to have to inform you..." Look to each other for strength to nurture your children and each other.
My prayers are with you.

I still hope that one day I can help her change her life... I will never give up on her, however I will no longer tolerate those behaviors in our home.

Anyway... She has moved out now and her life is her own. It is beyond my influence. I can only hope that she will remember the advice that I have given her in the past when she needs it most...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

That is a very sad story.

What has made her so enraged and angry? What is the root of her problems? Was she abused as a child? Did she have a significant loss when she was younger? Something has to at the root of this behavior...

Why were you arrested? Was it because she called the police and you and your wife did not?? And, why didn't you call the police? I would've called when she threw the table...But, that's me and I have never dealt with that type of behavior from my own daughter and I cannot imagine going through something like this, day in and day out.

Good luck and I hope you get your court/probation business cleared up with ease.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Horrific. Makes me so glad of my fairly well adjusted kids. Sometimes its stories like this that make a person feel blessed. Sorry you have to go through this... I was cringing with every sentence.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I am a christian and your step-daughter sounds like she is possessed.
I can have our prayer group pray for you and your families protection.
I also think it would be a good idea to get her out and into some serious
therapy before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Unfortunately that so often happens with situations like this. The troubled female lashes out at her tough angry drug addicted male companion who beats her up so badly that she either dies or is physically scared for life. by the sound of it she is keeping the company of people that may just do such a thing. Also if she does something majorly criminal such as armed robbery she could end up in gaol for a very long time. Drugs unfortunately only make these situations much worse and continue the downward cycle which ends up almost impoosible to get out of. Because of all the bleeding hearts, left wing misguided fools and some of the parasites that thrive in such a system in society today a little real tough love is not avaliable to teach the young any respect and disapline. a tough boot camp enviroment with metally hard and disaplined instructors would help immensely and stop a lot of the misguided behavior of a few of the youth today. By metally hard i do not mean abusive but metally hard. someone and they could be either male or female (female would probally be better in this case) who would not take any bull and be able to stand their ground and could defend themselves physically if need be.

This must be a terribly difficult situation for you and her mother. Her mother must be torn between trying to help her and not getting all of your lives totally destroyed by your step daughter
edit on 3-6-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

A number of observations, just facts:

1. your stepdaughter was 11 when she came to live with you.
  2. she was 12 when she got pregnant.
  3. in those last 4 years you sired 3 new children
  4. you never solved the problems with the existing kids
  5. your child became part of the drugs scene when she was 11-12 years old
  6. she somehow can deceive a slew of skilled professionals

At best, you're quite incompetent as a parent. At worst you ARE what your daughter says you are.

I dig the rant, get it off your chest. But sorry, there are way too many little tell-tales in your posting to convince me that you are the victim.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I feel your pain, man. A couple of years ago I was attacked and choked by a man much larger than myself. I did my best to keep him from further assaulting me, causing a few scratches. Meanwhile, choking doesn't leave a mark, and I'm left with debilitating PTSD (I was already suffering from a serious medical condition when I went to the ER for "help" and was jumped). The police REFUSED to even listen to my side of the story, or the only witness- because he was my friend. Furthermore they "lost" the security footage. I was charged with assault. I had to turn myself in, pay a bail bonds place- report to said bail bonds place every Thursday, and meet with my public defender every few months as the prosecution dragged it out. Then 2 years almost to the day the charge was dropped (thank you Texas Dept of Health for actually doing their job and backing me up). At that point the statute of limitations was up so I couldn't even try to charge him. Did they issue a refund? and apology? an offer to set things straight? Hell no.

But several months before the charge was dropped they tried to come at me with a plea deal. I considered it, just to get the nightmare over with. That night I 'prayed' for an answer as I fell asleep. Then had a dream where I was in a college class that was over with. As everyone was filing out I was telling one of the fellow students about the crazy drama I was going through. The professor, an older lady with short grey hair stepped up, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhearing your story. I used to be a trial judge and let me tell you...do NOT plea! If you know you're not guilty, you take it to trial." I woke up, called my lawyer, told her 'no deal'. Then...as stated before...a couple of months later the charge was dropped altogether.

If I were you (and I was in a similar situation) I would stand by the truth, tell it over and over again. Don't even hold out hope that she will be punished, but maybe you can get the charge dropped or found 'not guilty' at trial.

I never understood why an innocent person would plea to something they know they didn't do....until I was in that situation. It is so stressful that you just want it to end. It's like having your foot caught in a bear trap, eventually you get desperate enough to saw your own limb off just to get away.

Keep reaching out to authorities and child protective services and such. Keep copies of everything. If you have a solid paper trail, then maybe when you go to court you can show them 'proof' of what a hellion your step-daughter is.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

That is a very sad story.

What has made her so enraged and angry? What is the root of her problems? Was she abused as a child? Did she have a significant loss when she was younger? Something has to at the root of this behavior...

Why were you arrested? Was it because she called the police and you and your wife did not?? And, why didn't you call the police? I would've called when she threw the table...But, that's me and I have never dealt with that type of behavior from my own daughter and I cannot imagine going through something like this, day in and day out.

Good luck and I hope you get your court/probation business cleared up with ease.

I imagine that she has been used and abused by a number of different people.
The fact that she called the police first had a big impact on the out come here... Basically the police had told us in the past that if we called them they probably wouldn't even come out, because they are so busy... and if the did come out they said that because she was a minor that they couldn't do much anyway...
The system just doesn't protect parents...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Horrific. Makes me so glad of my fairly well adjusted kids. Sometimes its stories like this that make a person feel blessed. Sorry you have to go through this... I was cringing with every sentence.

Yeah my three little ones that I have with the wife are little angels... The contrast is astounding...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join