It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chase my day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ummm...I was driving to work this morning and had to pull over...These lines claimed my attention until I jotted them down on the back of an order form...

Chase my day

I wonder what it's like to be a reed
That tonal notes from my vibration bleed
Or further yet to be a cloven quill
That prose and flows of ink continuous spill

Not soon forget such patterns that I cross
Set carven image that memory emboss
Connective thought would chase my day around
As wonder lifting up my thoughts impound

Yet then I thought If I could be the shade
That cools you where the sun had warming layed
Or further yet to be the sun's bold light
That shines beyond the inklike reach of night

Contemplative as down this road I roam
Much as the flotsam rides the ocean foam
Not aimless or chaotic time and mile
Nor cheshire like but wistful breeds the smile

Yeah...I was driving past a group of cattails and reeds...how that ever inspired such a flight of fancy...I'll never know...I'm just content that it did...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Yeah...I was driving past a group of cattails and reeds...how that ever inspired such a flight of fancy...I'll never know...I'm just content that it did...

YouSir

Very nice!!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You have to publish a book of your poems!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ummm...Hello Olaru...Thank you...I have been playing with writing about the everyday and hoping to express that every object and each moment...might just be more complex and interrelated than a cursory examination might show...

At least this is true for me...and I hope increasingly for everyone else as well...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...I just may do that one day Night Star...I think one of the reasons I post my work here on ATS is that ATS has helped me grow beyond where I was internally when I first joined...and also so that I could test the waters before deciding how to proceed...

How are you doing today...? I hope your day was as amazing as mine was...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

My day was ok. Thanks for asking. I think your poetry book should have an awesome cover and that calligraphy type of writing. When I read your works, it is like picking up an antique book with those amazing poets who really have a way with words that leave me breathless. You just don't see that kind of writing these days.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...Then we should raise a toast to all that have gone before us...To Emily Dickenson...To Robert Louis Stephenson...To Henry David Thoreau...To Edna St Vincent Millay...To Robert Frost...and so many others...

Truth be told...These and more were my favorite resting places as a child...To lose myself in the beauty of their verse...I would while away long hours in their work...
I do not consciously try to emulate them...I suppose that having read and marveled so much...they must have imprinted upon my subconscious...

Speaking as I do and writing as I do are so utterly natural to me...these are how my honest thoughts flow...the patterns of my writing style are how my thoughts are shaped...when I write them down...that is how I hear them in my mind...

I too love their work and would gladly tell them how much influence they have on this I...this animating factor...this collection of cells that gaze out upon the deep waters and the depth of space time...
How could I ever thank them enough...

To your statement of "seeing that kind of writing"...I would only say...Until now...Night Star...Until now...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

join