It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Big Thank You to ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
Facebook eh?

You have to be prepared when discussing politics or news articles on Facebook. Why?

You had better come armed with at least a dozen real hum-dingers. Those folks on Facebook don't seem to respond to anything but more memes.

It seems intelligent thought and sentence structure is to hard for people on Facebook, so they'll just post memes.

Or, if they are really lazy they'll just post a screen capture of a meme on their phone. You know, because it's WAY to hard to save the image to their phone and upload/embed it properly.
edit on 2-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:08 PM
a reply to: Skid Mark

He now lurkes but won't post. Everyone say: HELLO GARY...!!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:10 PM
a reply to: Ultralight

HELLO, GARY!!!! You there?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
I shouldn't but...

Howdy, Gary.

Come on in, the waters fine. ...and the sharks only nibble.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:25 PM
a reply to: seagull

Oh, sure you should. You both made Gary smile. Thank you for that.

(Gary's having a blah day)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
Oh my gosh, my brain would turn to soup if I didn't have ATS!

I'm a middle-aged, suburban, stay-at-home mom... cannot even conceive the scale of the descriptive 'boring conversation' among my peer group/friends!

My shelves are crammed with books on every topic from the psychological to quantum physics to ancient history to spirituality (in addition to the many fictional works), and the few friends I have who even read are limited to murder mysteries, 'pop fiction', and supernatural romance -
- okay, I'll admit to enjoying that last genre myself
but still...

And as far as open-minded 'debate', in all the website forums I've ever read, ATS is the only site I've ever joined and kept returning to (in fact, I rarely ever get thru a day without a stop by here)...

So, my appreciation goes out to all my fellow members, particularly to the OP for starting this thread!

edit on 2-6-2015 by lostgirl because: grammer

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
a reply to: lostgirl

Awww shucks..

The funniest part of the whole ordeal was this. One person suggested that if I didn't agree with everything the posters or founders of the page post, that I should just leave and unfollow the page or that the founders should remove me for stating an opposing view. Like either of those ideas were a proper response to a simple disagreement of opinion.

And this was from people supposedly sharing similar views to mine I was disagreeing with. The group/mob thought of those there was pretty scary. I tried to preach being able to debate and appreciate even opposing views but it was a hopeless battle.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
Here's the latest post about me on that page, hilarious......

Paul needs to get a life, he's working way to hard for "Obama".

LIke I'm an Obama Supporter, too funny.

Again , this is from supposedly fellow Conservatives. I thought only Liberals resorted to canibalism of their own, guess not.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:37 AM
a reply to: pavil

ATS is the best...whats Facebook? Who has that?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
I said it before on the "Bitching" thread and I'll say it want to see real no-holds-barred crazy 'debating' skills? Go to Those hormonal heifers make ATS members look like top tier trial lawyers.

For the most part, members on here are pretty darn level headed and well versed in debate etiquette. I totally agree with you OP and thanks for the anti-rant!

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM

Tell them that you'll get right to work on getting a life....just as soon as they take some dang grammar lessons. If something is 'too' much it needs an extra 'o' on the end.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM

Can you give us link?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM

originally posted by: pavil
I didn't get to do any of that today on Facebook, even though I was debating fellow conservative people. For any of those who know me here on ATS, I'll stack my conservative libertarian credentials up against anybody else, Yet on this Facebook page I was basically called out and ridiculed as a liberal, which I found rather amusing
the saddest thing of the whole ordeal was trying to debate with people who could only resort to ad hominem attacks or personal attacks, never once trying to refute my points.

Psh. The same crap happens to me here on ATS every day. It's just at a higher level intellectually and possibly buried in a wall of text instead of just a one line hit and run post.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:16 PM
a reply to: Ultralight

Better stay away, Gary!
It's just way to mind blowing, also you may have to pay for a lot of new shoes.

Compare fakebookers with ATSliens? Yeah?
Captn Obvious would be proud I guess.

But you are still right on track. Now try to find an alternative site like ATS (haha) and take a deeper look on the fact, how many moderators volunteer to keep this community alive and kicking. Forget the tree amigos, I've never seen a board with so many mods. And every single one of them is a form of investment into this high standart ATS was able to keep for years. Some might say it lost some of it's beauty over time, but then consider the sheer amount of shills and bots elsewhere.

This is it. No, really. It just is.
You wouldn't compare elefants and mices just because they are both... ah whatever. Forget it. You most def would.

edit on 30-6-2015 by PublicOpinion because: no german allowed, sorry

top topics

<< 1   >>