It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwayne Johnson to Star in ‘Big Trouble in Little China’ Remake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are penning the script with Johnson and his producing partners Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia on board to produce through their 7 Bucks Entertainment banner.

The original starred Kurt Russell as Jack Burton, a trucker who gets dragged into a centuries-old mystical battle in Chinatown between warring clans. The pic was directed by “Halloween” helmer John Carpenter and, while not a huge commercial success, went on to amass a cult following over the years.

Link
I don't know if this is going to be a sequel (which they've been talking about doing) or a remake. At any rate, I have a bad feeling that they're going to cast him in Kurt Russel's role. If so, I won't be watching it. I don't think that anybody could do as good a job as Kurt did. Kurt didn't just bring life to the role of Jack Burton. He was Jack Burton. If it's going to be a sequel, Kurt should be playing Jack.
What do you say, ATS?
edit on 2-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: Forgot something.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
plz no...

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: noxxen
plz no...

That's exactly what I said when I saw the article.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I love that movie I saw it in the theater when it opened . I agree it would be hard to beat Kurt Russell's performance .

But honestly I have been pleasantly surprised with Dwayne Johnson's acting in some of his movies . I hope he puts a different spin on the character but I think this movie is right up his alley .

Maybe Kurt Russell can play the old Chinese man .

edit on 2-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I love that movie I Saulet in the theater when it opened . I agree it would be hard to beat Kurt Russell's performance .

But honestly I have been pleasantly surprised with Dwayne Johnson's acting in some of his movies . I hope he puts a different spin on the character but I think this movie is right up his alley .

Maybe Kirk Russell can play the old Chinese man .

That would be a twist. Him playing Egg.
By the way, Kirk?

ETA: I wasn't trying to be an ass on that last part. It just made me do a double take.
edit on 2-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If they cast him as Kurt Russell's Freightliner that would be fine, cause all he would have to do is make truck noises, which seems to be within his range. Anything else and I am not paying to watch it.

link   
Can Hollywood please just stop killing my childhood? I mean really. Let's start making new movies again. Next thing you know they'll be remaking Jaws with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughan and Adam Sandler in the title roles and all new CGI effects for the shark.

link   
Why can't they leave the good old movies alone. If these no talent bums in Hollywood can't come up with an original script then they should start looking for another job.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

No problem SM , I did not edit the voice dictation at all . I'm surprised you didn't also comment on Saulet . Lol

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Can Hollywood please just stop killing my childhood? I mean really. Let's start making new movies again. Next thing you know they'll be remaking Jaws with Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughan and Adam Sandler in the title roles and all new CGI effects for the shark.

At this point I am waiting for a remake of the Godfather with Will Smith as Michael and Tyler Perry wearing a fat suit playing Vito.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for the laugh. I just had an image of Kurt Russel riding on Dwayne's back.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hear that. There has to be something new. Look at all the novels that have come out. But, no! They have to kill our childhoods a movie at a time.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I agree. If they really are out of ideas they should go back through the rejects. They might find one they rejected because they were bombed out of their minds at the time.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yep, already remade point break.

They screwed up big by redoing Robo cop, total recall, should I go on....?
edit on 2-6-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I honestly didn't catch the Saulet.
I just told myself that you put in Kirk to see if I'd notice. Or maybe you were thinking of Kirk Douglas, who is another good actor.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: noxxen

Pls yes!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

At this point I am waiting for a remake of the Godfather with Will Smith as Michael and Tyler Perry wearing a fat suit playing Vito.

At such time I hope that somebody would kindly pull the flush handle of this toilet called Earth. Yech.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ugh. San Andreas was a comedy at best. The entire theatre laughed through every bad one-liner. That dude is not an actor, and bad writing (which he seems terrible attracted to) only enhances his power.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: ketsuko

I hear that. There has to be something new. Look at all the novels that have come out. But, no! They have to kill our childhoods a movie at a time.

By that logic no singer or band should ever re-record someone else's song. What makes movies any different?

Look at "310 to Yuma". Both versions were pretty damn good.
edit on 2-6-2015 by quercusrex because: 2nd thoughts

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
By that logic no singer or band should ever re-record someone else's song. What makes movies any different?

There is a difference between a cover and a remake. This sounds like a cover. The two Total Recall films are a good example of what a real remake is, they altered the story but kept the concept.

And anything covered by the Rock is bound to blow donkeys.

edit on 2-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join