It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Wedding Opposite Westboro Baptist Church? Maybe!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: beezzer

But just holding a "wedding" in front of the WBC doesn't mean anything, but if it's a gay wedding, then now you understand what's going on. It's done with a purpose in this case, and not just reckless abandonment of political correctness.

When someone says "gay wedding" I imagine Rip Taylor throwing glitter and screaming louding and lots of Diana Ross music in the background.

(lolz)

The point the gays are trying to make, I thought, was that a wedding between two men is no different than between a man and a woman.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This seems a lot like a 'draw the prophet' contest which has Muslims so offended. Is it right to provoke others out of spite or not? I am not sure this is anything to celebrate.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This seems a lot like a 'draw the prophet' contest which has Muslims so offended. Is it right to provoke others out of spite or not? I am not sure this is anything to celebrate.

I say let 'em carry on with it.

But also there is a point at which you've scored your touchdown and spiked the ball and anything else is just excessive celebration and downright poor sportsmanship.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Its a sad situation when the homosexual community start to act like the Wesboroians

Its stuff like this that makes extremism dangerous

This can't end well, its got hate written all over it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzerWhen someone says "gay wedding" I imagine Rip Taylor throwing glitter and screaming louding and lots of Diana Ross music in the background.

That would be awesome if that's what this wedding is going to be!

The point the gays are trying to make, I thought, was that a wedding between two men is no different than between a man and a woman.

I think you mean, "The point the guys are trying to make..."

Gays are just guys (and gals), ya know

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

A gay couple being married in front of The Westboro "Church" is the same thing as going to sad people at funerals, smiling, and wishing for their dead loved ones to burn in hell for all eternity?

Wishing eternal suffering on others is not the same as a gay couple getting married.
edit on 3-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: borntowatch

A gay couple being married in front of The Westboro "Church" is the same thing as going to sad people at funerals, smiling, and wishing for their dead loved ones to burn in hell for all eternity?

Wishing eternal suffering on others is not the same as a gay couple getting married.

Actually ...

When I was planning my wedding, I was told it was supposed to be my day to arrange as made me happiest.

So, OK, I can see the Dumbloedore/Gandolf thing as a geeky fantasy wedding to make someone's wishes.

But if you were gay, why hold it in full view of people you know spew nothing but hatred at you? How does that make you happy unless you are made happiest by pure spite? And if that's the case, then what kind of a person does that make you?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What kind of person does that make you? Still nicer than those wishing eternal suffering on a dead loved one's funeral with smiles while their family cries.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What kind of person does that make you? Still nicer than those wishing eternal suffering on a dead loved one's funeral with smiles while their family cries.

So then it makes it OK for you to provoke the hateful people, and you are the one who makes all those posts about how we should just love ...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I didn't say it was nice or ok to provoke others. I simply pointed out how what they are doing is not nearly as malicious as the church. Why try to twist my words around and try to avoid this point?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So, this wedding (act) is really at the Equality House across the street from the Westboro Church. A house bought for and owned by the organization PLANTING PEACE - - in 2013.

In response to the Westboro Church threatening to go to Ireland and picket the mock wedding in Ireland.

So, instead, the wedding was brought to them? Is that correct?

Guess it saved them the airfare.

Planting Peace is a nonprofit humanitarian organization founded for the purpose of "spreading peace in a hurting world".[1] The organization specializes in diverse global causes, including orphanages in Haiti and India, international deworming efforts, rainforest preservation, and anti-bullying programs. In 2007 Planting Peace founder Aaron Jackson was honored as a CNN Hero for his relief efforts deworming millions of children in Haiti. In March 2013 Planting Peace gained international attention when they created the Equality House, a rainbow-colored home located directly across the street from Westboro Baptist Church, an organization largely considered to be an anti-LGBT hate group.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't know if it's been guaranteed yet.

Only proposed by the org who inhabit the land across from WBC...

But I thought the same as you really...
May as well have had them use up some of their resources if they're gonna picket.

They could do it from their bedroom window now.
edit on 3-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Ah, so in that case, it's the Westboro "church" provoking, while the wedding for the gay couple turns the other cheek.

edit on 3-6-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Ah, so in that case, it's the Westboro "church" provoking, while the wedding for the gay couple turns the other cheek.

I think they're having fun.

Turning the other cheek is overrated ---- sometimes ---- sometimes not.

Wait! Can you be gay and use Jesus "speak"?

edit on 3-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok, so I still fail to see the point.

You are spending a lot of time and money on what is essentially a Twitter spat. Is there a point beyond simple spite?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ok, so I still fail to see the point.

You are spending a lot of time and money on what is essentially a Twitter spat. Is there a point beyond simple spite?

That Westboro has become a punchline and are no longer relevant?

If they ever were.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join