It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer Puts a Mirror in the Wild...Watch the Classic Responses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. I really like how the apes throughout the video oddly found some comfort in the mirror based off the increasing numbers that started to gather around it.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
Now that is some very interesting reactions, it does say a lot about things. Here are some more such videos.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: whyamIhere

Interesting experiment. Notice how many animals are curious and lovey, but the apes are instantly suspicious and aggressive. Sounds just about right. Jives with the current state of the human world quite nicely.

Well, a few things to put that in context:

The film does show mostly apes, so it would make sense we'd see more apes acting mad since there are more of them shown.

The chimps, which are closer to humans than the gorillas, are far less aggressive

The bird also seems to be attacking the "other" bird and who knows what those reptiles were doing at the end, looked like some form of kung-fu

As a fellow ape, you are far more in tune with the body language of the gorilla and chimp compared to the other animals, so they could have been throwing up major "f- you" signals to the mirror that we didn't notice.

Cool video but it just confirmed to me that humans are no different than any other animals out there, with all the good and bad that goes along with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I know that a lot of birds in captivity really enjoy mirrors, the one shown didn't seem to know it was a reflection but they figure it out pretty quick. It was pretty obvious that the chimps knew what it was right away, the elephant seemed to figure it out too but not much was shown there. By the end the Gorillas were starting to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Cool, thank's for posting those up..I love the dolphins, they are completely self aware as are the chimps..not far from us people..well most of us are people

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
quite disappointing they were taunting animals in that way.

from an educational and (or) research point of view - pretty harmless or interesting

thanks for the post

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join