It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Intents and Purposes? Nope!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Before we met Caitlyn, whose image is now plastered wall to wall on every media outlet, Bruce Jenner recently informed us that "For all intents and purposes" he IS now a woman.

TADA!

Dear Bruce,

I'm really happy for you, that you feel that you're finally able to express yourself as you feel you truly are. I'm happy that you love your body. You deserve it. As an Olympic athlete, your body is your temple, I'm sure, and it shows! You look great, and Caitlyn looks down right foxy!

But, lets face it. Bruce/Caitlyn, you haven't paid your dues. You haven't had to deal with Paparazzi calling you out for wearing the wrong bra, or showing a little cellulite on your Maui vacation. You haven't had to deal with heavy flows and tampons, cramps, bloating and mood swings. You haven't had to make critical birth control decisions, nor have you carried any of your children to term. You never went through the back aches, swollen ankles, stretch marks, varicose veins... while dealing with a psycho husband who thought Carmel Swirl ice cream was just as good as Praline at 3AM! DUH!!!

Nope, Bruce/Caitlyn, you didn't have to deal with gorged, cracked and bleeding nipples, or for that matter, hot flashes, saggy uneven breasts and "the continental spread" that most middle age women have to deal with.

Congratulations, Caitlyn! Go forward and experience your NEW life as a woman and, for goodness sakes, feel free to express your feminine self. YEAH! Now, you get to wear top designer gowns and oversized Jimmy Choo shoes while professionals apply your make-up to your new, state of the art face. You go girl! Emulate the sophisticated women, who aged gracefully, like Sophia Loren, Julia Sugarbaker ( ‎Delta Burke)!

But, for all intents and purposes, no, you haven't earned the badge of post menopausal Womanhood. You've skipped the results of the "intents and purposes" of womanhood and gone straight for the shallowest most meaningless stereotypes of the feminine image, appearance and good looks. In your pursuit to find yourself, you've discovered another facet of your ego, stepping into your new female life like a supermodel!

The media is lauding you as a positive force for the LGBT community. No, your not. You've created a nearly impossible image for the average LGBT person of your age to measure up to, live up to, let alone real women. You are the Kim Kardashian of the LGBT community, in my opinion. You can tell us again and again, until you're blue in the face, how this is the REAL you! But, all I see is a plastic "Ego Woman" super star whose never earned her fame for anything other than being part of a circus act.

I haven't seen one single public figure criticism the way you, Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner, have chosen to "come out". I guess it must be super duper politically incorrect! But, in my opinion, you Ms Jenner, are just another Kardashian pulling the ultimate publicity stunt for attention. You don't come anywhere close to representing the struggles and triumphs of everyday LGBT individuals. A lot of people think you're helping the LGBT community. I think you do a great disservice by making the LGBT issues seem to be ego based and so superficial as to make it seem that it's all about glamour and appearances, when that couldn't be any further from the LGBT truth.

edit on 2-6-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Did this Jenner dude/dudette have a face lift before because it looks a bit tight.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
In March Bruce had extensive plastic surgery to the face and body, as well as breast augmentation. This was reported on Good Morning America this morning. (I don't usually watch but I was stuck at the car dealership while my car was getting an oil change so I watched).

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If it makes her happy great but why is this any type of news?.
Mind you we have our newly transgendered person boxing promoter Frank Maloney.

I think it was the plastic surgery on her face that has freaked me out (with Jenner).

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The dude could afford to become a chick.

If it makes her happy, then whatever, good for her.

(see? I said "her", I am so progressive)

Doesn't make one bit of difference to me. It won't affect what I do for a living. It won't affect my marriage or what I'll have for dinner tonight. It won't affect where I go fishing next weekend and it won't affect what scotch I drink.

The only affect it'll have is that I spent 90 seconds to write this.

That 90 seconds I could have used to pick my nose or plan a loud fart in a crowded elevator.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The dude could afford to become a chick.

Somehow I think that even if you had the money, you'd still make one ugly woman!
To me it seems, Jenner is all about the beautiful.

(I think I remember seeing a picture you posted of yourself, a long time ago, in New York I think, with a bunch of ATSersn you with a Beezer bunny sign. )

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I did at one time post a picture of myself with my son at a dinosaur park. And I am beautiful sexy. No lie.

I am smokin' hawt.

(lolz)

Some can only afford a ford, others can afford a lexus.

Jenner could afford the lexus.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Transsexuals get glorified in America. LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That was a great rant.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Gag me.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Most transwomen go through all of those things you brought up. I don't know her story (haven't had the chance to really follow it and it feels cliche for me to champion her right away) but I know that being a transwoman on HRT does not lead to any shortcuts like you listed. The objectifying (even more so, actually), the breast issues (most transwomens' breasts are grown just like yours), the mood swings, etc... mostly things that are caused by hormonal makeup which you share with transwomen.

The only example you gave that is exclusively a ciswoman issue is childbirth ones but... what are you saying to all the other women out there who either can't or choose not to have children? Are they not worthy of being called a woman, either?

And to think she won't be scrutinized on her looks is just ridiculous. She will be held to standards you were never expected to live up to and will be criticized every day for the rest of her life on everything she does or wear. If she looks haggard one day, people will say she makes a "bad" woman. If she looks gorgeous the next day, people will say she cheated and doesn't deserve her beauty.

Do you think she wouldn't have chosen to take your path to womanhood over the one she was forced to take? Do you think it was easier for her somehow? Did you have to live most of your womanhood with a penis? Try that for a while and see which life you prefer.

I know you didn't mean offense and I know you support the mental and physical health of people and want to see them happy but maybe just spend a little more time from that perspective and really try to imagine it. It's not a fun road. Nor a "shortcut".
edit on 2-6-2015 by Cuervo because: spellinz

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

While I agree with much of what you said, keep in mind that the Kardashians are only famous because people keep talking about them.

Ignore them...ignore Jenner...ignore all of this stuff.

That is the best way to deal with it, because you're not drawing attention to it.

I do subscribe to the belief that he may really have felt this way his whole life and that he's now staying true to himself, but I just don't care, ya know? He's inconsequential to me and my life, as are 99% of celebrities.

Ignore it.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm tired of this topic. I really want to type "it" . But, that seems insensitive. I don't care what this person is was or will be. I find no value in this topic. For all intents and purposes, this is spam.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Thanks for sharing the other side. I know that it's out there and deserving to be told.

Most transwomen go through all of those things you brought up. I don't know her story (haven't had the chance to really follow it and it feels cliche for me to champion her right away) but I know that being a transwoman no HRT does not lead to any shortcuts like you listed. The objectifying (even more so, actually), the breast issues (most transwomens' breasts are grown just like yours), the mood swings, etc... mostly things that are caused by hormonal makeup which you share with transwomen.

It's still a short cut. Jenner's body, for the most part, is the result of living as a male, hormones and all, for a good 6 decades.

The only example you gave that is exclusively a ciswoman issue is childbirth ones but... what are you saying to all the other women out there who either can't or choose not to have children? Are they not worthy of being called a woman, either?

Of course not, but for "all intents and purposes" Jenner is a biological parent. Plenty of women suffer great emotional distress because they are physically unable to conceive. I doubt that was a huge issue for Jenner, but I could be wrong. Perhaps his biological clock was still ticking, ticking, ticking.....

And to think she won't be scrutinized on her looks is just ridiculous. She will be held to standards you were never expected to live up to and will be criticized every day for the rest of her life on everything she does or wear. If she looks haggard one day, people will say she makes a "bad" woman. If she looks gorgeous the next day, people will say she cheated and doesn't deserve her beauty.

You're absolutely correct about this. However, this is a "Kardashian" remember. She, Ms Jenner, stepped right into this and brought on any criticism she may receive about her appearance. She set the bar, for herself, very, very high at the get go. She certainly isn't helping the average, everyday LGB Transsexual who may not be in any position to be judged by similar glamorous standards.

Do you think she wouldn't have chosen to take your path to womanhood over the one she was forced to take? Do you think it was easier for her somehow? Did you have to live most of your womanhood with a penis? Try that for a while and see which life you prefer.

If we're talking about Olympic athletic star Bruce Jenner, I don't know that he would have chosen to take a different path when he was younger, forgoing his success and fame, in order to live life as a women. I just don't know. I think it speaks volumes that he waited so long.

I do sympathize and empathize with those who are trying to express themselves in their daily life and are being alienated and labeled as mentally ill and/or dangerous weirdos on a daily basis, who don't look like, or aspire to look like, supermodels. They just want to be themselves.

I know you didn't mean offense and I know you support the mental and physical health of people and want to see them happy but maybe just spend a little more time from that perspective and really try to imagine it. It's not a fun road.

Of course this is true. I just don't think that Jenner makes a very good role model, and, I think he does a greater disservice to the LGBT community, in general.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Cosmetic.
Windword, you hit it on the head paragraph after paragraph. Jenner is drawn to and aspires to the shallowest of cultural standards. Image over substance.

If a 66 year old man wants to live in the body of a 35 year old female super model, and can afford it then who are we to complain. But for that 66 year old man to do this and seek glorification, adulation and admiration is just plain bollocks. But then I guess most of pop culture is just that. Bollocks. Feeding the egos of those who can only swim in the shallow end of the pool of life.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

this is spam

My rant is spam?

To be honest, if I heard or read one other person criticize the superficial, stereotypical and egotistical way that Caitlyn Jenner came out, I wouldn't have had to write this rant. But NOBODY has. So I did!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Maybe it's my own ignorance of the Kardasians that is the disconnect. I honestly don't know who they are (I mean, I've heard the name and understand they are famous in the same way that Paris Hilton is famous). I also didn't know Jenner was connected to them somehow.

To me, that's all unrelated. All I see is an Olympic athlete who spent her life being pressured to maintain a facade and finally got old enough to say "eff it" and moved on with her life. The fact she has money to look good is no different than any other woman who has money to "cheat" and look good.

Most of the negative opinions I hear about her seem to include something about the Kardasians. I don't know. To me, she's just another elderly transwoman who lived a long tormented life and decided not to die that way. It's a bittersweet thing to see.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Not your post. I guess I wasn't clear. BJ and his Transgender Journey is spam. It's tiresome.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Most of the negative opinions I hear about her seem to include something about the Kardasians.

Jenner became the patriarch of the Kardashians, whose fame arose from the OJ trial, after Robert Kardashian died.

"If something makes you feel insecure and you've been feeling that way forever. Who doesn't want to look amazing? Do what makes you feel happy" (Kim Karashian to Kendall and Kylie Jenner)

In order to "Keep up with the Kardashians" Caitlyn Jenner must look amazing!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I think another disconnect is that the average person assumes that transpeople look up to her as a role model when, in general, they don't. In the trans community, you'll notice that she is very much a peripheral story and not the major focus that she is in mainstream media. The reason is because her journey is not representative of the typical transgender narrative. So saying she's a bad role model for whatever reason is missing the point. Most of the people viewing her as some spokesperson or rolemodel aren't really involved in the transgender community.

By your rationale, any famous person would be a bad role model because they likely didn't live a life of struggle or poverty and therefore can't relate to the average person. And I somewhat agree. Jenner is not a perfect role model but nobody asked her to be one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join