It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Long List of Government Agencies Stalking My Website...Along With A Surprise Visitor?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
a reply to: Pimpish

Okay, well, I'm just going to advise you to go back to my OP and read the list of people who are:

a. surfing my site
b. spending time there
c. coming back...more than once, twice and even three or more times

and then I'd like you to realize that:

1. I have not given anyone my website. It's new. It's not even finished.
2. The only way you get the address is if you knew my name.

This is not just about the DOD. Okay?

For example, someone from Proctor and Gamble----and NOT a bot, spent time reading some of my articles. At least four minutes per article.

That's not a spy bot.

That's not someone I gave my website to because I haven't given anyone my website.

Are we finally clear here?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
I think you are a bit paranoid and getting defensive. Bots do spend time on websites, they don't just show up and disappear in matter of seconds. Also just because nobody knows about your site doesn't mean they can't find it. Sometimes my website gets huge spikes randomly for no reason or from keywords I never expected them to be found from.

BTW, what are you trying to imply? That somehow you are being watched by physical people? The alphabet agencies don't do that, they use automated software and algorithms to mine data.

Also another possibility is people live on certain bases that go through a military proxy. These are just normal people like me n you.

My websites gets hit by .mil and .gov all the time.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
a reply to: MRuss

I already posted that I'm only referring specifically to the DoD network information can disregard that one. I have no information on the others.

That's not someone I gave my website to because I haven't given anyone my website.

That's odd because not long ago you said this:

Maybe I've given out the link to five people the short time I've had this site and no one from the DOD. Mostly just family. Two potential employers

So which is it, you've given it out to no one, or just a few people? My point still remains, anyone you gave the IP out to could very easily have looked at it from their phone and could be the cause of the DoD network information IP. Again, the ONLY IP I'm referring to, since I have no information on the others.

All I'm doing is letting you know that the DoD IP is VERY, VERY common. You will see it a lot. I realize this isn't just about the DoD, but since I have no information on the other IP"s, I have nothing to add on those ones, just the one I've mentioned over and over again could be anyone visiting your site from a cell phone. Probably someone you gave the IP to, if you can get your story straight as far as that goes.

I don't know why you're getting so defensive and snippy with me when all I'm doing is attempting to give you some information on one of the IP's you mentioned. An IP block that is very common. I'm not denying the government thinks you're some kind of dissident or super-spy, I have no idea. I do have information on the DoD IP block and that's all I'm adding.

Regardless of how snippy you want to get about it, the fact remains that anybody that you gave your web address to could have easily gone to your website via their phone and generated the DoD IP, without ever having been employed by the DoD or be affiliated with them in any way. Do with that information what you will.

Are we clear?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:06 PM

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Many of those potential government "hits" can be attributed to automated content gathering "bots."

We don't regularly track access to ATS by such content-robots, but the last time I looked (a few months ago), the total access by all bots to ATS far exceeded human traffic.

Some of the government bots, like that of the department of Agriculture, are likely innocuous as it's just automatically gathering specific types of content via a Google Alerts tie-in. USAISC could be any civilian, contractor, or service person just browsing the web.

WOW.......Really powerful information you just posted. Bot access exceeded human traffic on ATS. Also OP really great thread and I love your writing style it is very easy on the eyes and mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:25 PM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Elementalist
So I just want to get thus straight.

Your website is monitored by government and alphabet creepers. So your taking it down.

You come to probably the most occupied and watched government site on the WWW, to tell us about it, and spend more time.

That is all, thank you.

Hehe, you know it's probably not "monitored" in the way you think. I bet DoD, FBI, CIA, NSA, ATF and other employees sit around on their lunch hour here for entertainment, not work-related info gathering.

Remember, the people that work at those agencies are real human beings and people like you and me. They aren't the demonic, soul-less minions of orthodoxy people make them out to be.

I bet a lot of government employees waste their free/down time surfing the net, ATS might be a great source of entertainment to them.

Edit to add:

*waves* Hi guys! Hows the cafeteria food these days?

I work for another agency and thanks for that acknowledgement. Yeah, I'm having a few minutes of downtime right now, hehe.

Well, back to the grind.

Oh, and I don't eat the food here often, but it is pretty good!
edit on 6/3/2015 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM

originally posted by: roadgravel
There is the almost 100% possibility that government workers are using work time to look around the net for personal reasons.

This is the truth.... many cases are simply bored government workers or military members surfing the internet at work... usually on 3-11 or 11-7 shift. Just because Airman Joe Snuffy is researching car prices at work, it would look like to you that you have been visited by a US Air Force site, when in reality it's just a bored soldier.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:46 PM

None of that surprises me at all, to be honest.

I once went google earth surfing to find places I had been while in the Marines. One of those places was Korea, where we did some beach landing ops and other things...The very next day my blog had 20+ hits from Korea. Now I have a once a month visitor from Korea...just checking up on me, I guess. Kind of amazing since my blog has less than 10k hits lifetime.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:04 PM

I have not given anyone my website. It's new. It's not even finished.

you have a domain registered and it is on a public web server. That is all it takes to be found.

hint: DNS system
edit on 6/3/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
You've stated that you have given out your URL to about 5 people, yes? Two of them were potential employers? How big are these employers? Just because you've only physically given out your URL to 5 different people, does not mean that only 5 people have it.

Another things is -- crawlers. Crawlers scan webpages for search criteria, meta data. There are also crawlers that scan for ad purposes, or even malicious purposes. Sometimes it happens in a matter of seconds, other times it takes a couple minutes. You have no definitive proof that these are physical people. Not to mention that the traffic data could simply be the connection staying open that long, and not a physical person staring at your articles.

Another (faint) possibility is that there are millions of trojan PC's in the world. The vast array of PC's infected could include your neighbor all the way up to .gov/.mil PC's. I've seen them in action and there are a lot more than people would think. Especially considering they status of those PC's. There are also millions upon millions of proxy servers out there. I'm not saying that these two ideas are the most probable, but they are still plausible. The PC's used to view your website could also have been infected by malicious software that scanned every incoming and outgoing packet of that PC's connecion. They could be linked, quite possibly, anywhere.

As other's have noted -- it could simple be people on Military bases and other military compounds who are mystically finding your website. Again though, just because you gave out your URL to 5 different people does not mean that only 5 have it.

My post was not to discredit you by any means just so you know. For all any of us know -- you could very well be spot on with your OP.

ETA: The post above me makes another good point. Where is your website hosted and what DNA servers is it on? That right there could very well give you an idea of how the traffic is coming to your website.
edit on 3-6-2015 by itsmethegoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:29 PM
There is not one computer connected to the internet that is not trying to communicate with DOD network information IP. Trying to connect the dots to the traffic on your website is futile because its not just your website it's the entire world wide web. And it's not just government agencies but corporations spend a lot of money on super marketing and tracking. You cant even use a search engine without being tracked in some way, look at google.. they use omegle monitoring system ips, and yahoo uses inktomi corporation.. only search engine that ive seen that has not tracked so far at least is duckduckgo but we will see how long that lasts. Even ATS, before it got hacked the website ads communicate with at least 35 different companies and servers every time you visit any page on the website. Bottom line that is all you need to worry about is SECURITY.
edit on 3-6-2015 by thetruthisupthere because: unknown

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:24 AM

it very well may be bots. ANY AND ALL PUBLIC INFORMATION will be vacuumed up. if you put it up for the public to see, on your website or on facebook or anything like that, you can bet your bottom dollar that it is being hoovered up and stored in some supermassive supercomputer somewhere. even in the 60s the NSA had capabilities to confirm whether or not a certain phone call to a certain person happened at any given time on any given point on the planet. we used this capability to confirm the bona-fides of various defectors who made various claims. that whole bulk data collection thing we have been going crazy over, has been happening for at least 40 years, the only difference was it took place (most of the time) outside the US, and the data they collected was usually on people who were not american citizens. it seems to me that our current capabilities are magnitudes stronger in their ability to gather and hold information. lots of times we assume something is private, like our personal websites, or facebook messages and preferences, and to a certain extent they are, but technically they are public, and if it is public, it is being watched. you might ask yourself "why do they want articles on dogs and food", and the answer is because they are building psychological profiles that can then be used to understand the mindset of the citizenry, to identify people who could be potential problems or threats (even if they personally do not seem themselves as enemies of the state), manipulation and targeting, etc, etc, etc, and these are only the most obvious answers. ive heard/thought of things like the creation of a superconscious AI that learns the overall psychology of humanity and integrates that with raw data and information available on the net, to spark the fire of consciousness in its mechanical mind.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
if 80% are bots, imagine how fast the internet will be without all that crap!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>