It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia fears a recession will hurt pro-Kremlin politicians, so it's moving up elections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianAmericanJew

Personally I don't care what Putin does, it's their politics, their business,

And their politics is killing people in Ukraine and Syria. Sooner or later their politics will be killing Americans. If you want to talk about America's infrastructure, start a thread... but don't pretend that Russia isn't rapidly becoming one of America's pressing problems.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Britguy

Can you explain what you mean by "you people"?

The ones who keep bringing up the West in threads that literally have nothing to do with the West.

Unless of course you are denying that our own governments are in any way corrupt and are in fact beacons of democracy and all that is right and good?

It would be like a thread about Obamacare being bad and the Dems holding off on things due to elections, and someone then talking about how bad Putin is.

It has NOTHING to do with the topic. YOU people need to stay on topic. If you want to talk about the West, or compare Russia to the West, make a thread. Stop derailing this one.

Boo boo. Where are the mods to stop this derailment? Oh that's right its a discussion and there are no violations. Maybe you guys should pm if you want to bash other countries. Don't do it publically or you may have to deal with other points of view.

Second Moscow and most of Russia's population is in the "west". Russia in considered European. So lets get some definitions strait first. That's how proper debating is done. What is corruption and voter fraud? What are you comparing Russia to so that you consider their system corrupt and not just the normal way to do things?

I know don't answer it will make you loose any argument you have been putting forward about thread derailment.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: RussianAmericanJew

Personally I don't care what Putin does, it's their politics, their business,

And their politics is killing people in Ukraine and Syria. Sooner or later their politics will be killing Americans. If you want to talk about America's infrastructure, start a thread... but don't pretend that Russia isn't rapidly becoming one of America's pressing problems.

Oh now who brought up America? You guys have no argument go pm each other if you want to pound on your chests and talk about your greatness and others failings.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Second Moscow and most of Russia's population is in the "west". Russia in considered European. So lets get some definitions strait first.

Good idea. Even Russians make a distinction between "The West" and Russia, which considers itself the "Eurasian Heartland," with distinctly different cultural values from those in Europe and the Anglo-American world. Whenever anyone makes the least criticism of Russia or Vladimir Putin, it is met not with refutation through logical argument or factual reporting, but with counter-accusations against "The West."

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Second Moscow and most of Russia's population is in the "west". Russia in considered European. So lets get some definitions strait first.

Good idea. Even Russians make a distinction between "The West" and Russia, which considers itself the "Eurasian Heartland," with distinctly different cultural values from those in Europe and the Anglo-American world. Whenever anyone makes the least criticism of Russia or Vladimir Putin, it is met not with refutation through logical argument or factual reporting, but with counter-accusations against "The West."

Really? My wife is from eastern Europe herself formally a soviet country and she considers herself European and has an EU passport? Most of Russia's population is close or west of Poland as far as I know. We have a cousin who is Russian she also considers herself European. Perhaps you don't understand the difference of Russian culture within its own country. European Russia would be the Slavic one. Which just so happens to be the largest population.

We don't like Putin in our house in fact we have more than a little disdain for Russia in general but it doesn't make US corruption not comparable on scale to Russia.

Check it out. Hillary wants early voting for 20 days in all the stats to help her win. The Republicans are also willing to mess with the voting process to stop her so they can win. Sounds like politics as usual here.

m.csmonitor.com...
edit on 4-6-2015 by luthier because: link

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes, those ex-Soviet republics and satellites were eager to rejoin Europe. Putin is trying to pull Russia away from Europe. What does Hillary Clinton have to do with Russia?

link   

Yes, those ex-Soviet republics and satellites were eager to rejoin Europe. Putin is trying to pull Russia away from Europe. What does Hillary Clinton have to do with Russia?

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Because its relevant. To compare corruption. To define what abnormal or high corruption would be.

The article is about the two us parties changing the voting process to get their results. Does that make sense to you? Do you see how its related. Its a global trend to take over the media and change voting processes.

Again Slavic language and culture is European. Russia has many different types of people in the country but the majority share a close commonality to the other European countries.

So are Greece and Germany similar by your definition? What about Switzerland and Yugoslavia? What was your point again?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Because its relevant. To compare corruption. To define what abnormal or high corruption would be.

Corruption is corruption, as there is nothing that makes it abnormal or high.

But feel free to explain it so we all know.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Really? My wife is from eastern Europe herself formally a soviet country and she considers herself European and has an EU passport?

Is this country now an EU country, and does she travel back there?

We don't like Putin in our house in fact we have more than a little disdain for Russia in general but it doesn't make US corruption not comparable on scale to Russia.

Nobody is trying to.

Check it out. Hillary wants early voting for 20 days in all the stats to help her win. The Republicans are also willing to mess with the voting process to stop her so they can win. Sounds like politics as usual here.

You don't understand the real reason for that do you?

Early voting is the process by which electors can vote on a single or series of days prior to an election. Early voting can take place remotely, such as by mail, or in person, usually in designated early voting polling stations. The availability and time periods for early voting vary based on jurisdiction and type of election. The goal of early voting is usually to increase participation and relieve congestion of polling stations on the election day.

An advance poll is held in some elections to allow participation by voters who may not be able to vote on the set election day(s). This may include people who will be out of the polling area during the election period, poll workers, campaign workers, people with medical procedures scheduled for that time, adherents to religious commitments, among others

en.wikipedia.org...

SO it seems she is trying to help those who cannot vote at the time of elections...So what exactly makes this something that would benefit one party more than the other?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Really? My wife is from eastern Europe herself formally a soviet country and she considers herself European and has an EU passport?

Is this country now an EU country, and does she travel back there?

Nobody is trying to.

You don't understand the real reason for that do you?

Early voting is the process by which electors can vote on a single or series of days prior to an election. Early voting can take place remotely, such as by mail, or in person, usually in designated early voting polling stations. The availability and time periods for early voting vary based on jurisdiction and type of election. The goal of early voting is usually to increase participation and relieve congestion of polling stations on the election day.

An advance poll is held in some elections to allow participation by voters who may not be able to vote on the set election day(s). This may include people who will be out of the polling area during the election period, poll workers, campaign workers, people with medical procedures scheduled for that time, adherents to religious commitments, among others

en.wikipedia.org...

SO it seems she is trying to help those who cannot vote at the time of elections...So what exactly makes this something that would benefit one party more than the other?

Wait I don't understand? Its because the Republicans have stopped that process from happening. Its also to fight the voter I'd law. Its also because it benefits her maybe you should read the article.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Wait I don't understand?

I see that.

Its because the Republicans have stopped that process from happening

They have put restrictions on it, but had you read the article I linked you would understand that.

Its also because it benefits her maybe you should read the article.

Not any more than any other candidate...unless your padding the early vote, and all candidates could do the same thing so it doesn't benefit any one candidate than the other.

I read the article which is why I try to find something that corroborates the story...and it does at the link I provided, except for the assumption you think it benefits her more than the rest of the candidates.

edit on 4-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

Let me clarify what I am saying...

The link I provided is just showing what she is trying to get fixed...it doesn't actually corroborate it, I am sorry it is a bit on the confusing side...shouldn't try and do two things at once.
edit on 4-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Wait I don't understand?

I see that.

Its because the Republicans have stopped that process from happening

They have put restrictions on it, but had you read the article I linked you would understand that.

Its also because it benefits her maybe you should read the article.

Not any more than any other candidate...unless your padding the early vote, and all candidates could do the same thing so it doesn't benefit any one candidate than the other.

I read the article which is why I try to find something that corroborates the story...and it does at the link I provided, except for the assumption you think it benefits her more than the rest of the candidates.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Obviously the Republicans don't want early voting and have worked to restrict voting rights. Hillary is pretending to care so she can get some working votes of the common man. To bad her billion dollar campaign led by a Monsanto lobbyist is just a sham. The irs found over a million social security numbers over 120 year olds collecting maybe she is going for those votes.
edit on 4-6-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

So are Greece and Germany similar by your definition? What about Switzerland and Yugoslavia? What was your point again?

Germany and Greece are similar because they both chose to join the EU. Switzerland did not, but it is geographically and culturally European. Yugoslavia disintegrated, in part, because it could not decide whether it was European or "Asian." What was your point in criticizing my use of the expression "The West?" You'll note that I usually put it in quotation marks because it is a concept others use as though it represented something definite; it does not.

Congratulations on hijacking the thread. The United States may not be perfect, but you won't find a US President switching places with his VP for a term so he can stay in office for two decades.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Germany and Greece are similar because they both chose to join the EU. Switzerland did not, but it is geographically and culturally European. Yugoslavia disintegrated, in part, because it could not decide whether it was European or "Asian." What was your point in criticizing my use of the expression "The West?" You'll note that I usually put it in quotation marks because it is a concept others use as though it represented something definite; it does not.

Congratulations on hijacking the thread. The United States may not be perfect, but you won't find a US President switching places with his VP for a term so he can stay in office for two decades.

Are you sure?,,did Roosevelt stack the court in his favor? Do we have political dynasties of families? How about UNLIMITED campaign contributions from private people or businesses?

We may not have a dictator but we have an oligarchy.

Your welcome. Its not derailment though. Its comparing and contrasting to find a definition of corruption. Russia is a lower thug scale corruption us is an organized court approved. corruption.

Maybe you should put this in rant so you would have an argument then you all can rant about someone elses problems without considering its not much different anywhere.

We had a vice president run the show and start two wars on known false information. That's about as bad as it gets.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Are you sure?,,did Roosevelt stack the court in his favor?

He tried... unsuccessfully. Why? The United States has a system of "checks and balances," which Russia does not.

Do we have political dynasties of families?

Yes, but that is not corrupt, just noisome.

How about UNLIMITED campaign contributions from private people or businesses?

The Supreme Court ruling can be overturned by legislation. Checks and balances, remember? Guess who wants to overturn it?

www.slate.com...

Sounds like you would prefer a dictator....

Your welcome. Its not derailment though. Its comparing and contrasting to find a definition of corruption. Russia is a lower thug scale corruption us is an organized court approved. corruption.

Funny... on my computer the title of this thread is "Russia fears a recession will hurt pro-Kremlin politicians, so it's moving up elections," not: "Which country is the most corrupt?"

Maybe you should put this in rant so you would have an argument then you all can rant about someone elses problems without considering its not much different anywhere.

Maybe you should pay attention to who is posting what.

We had a vice president run the show and start two wars on known false information. That's about as bad as it gets.

So... genocide falls where on your scale?
edit on 4-6-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Are you sure?,,did Roosevelt stack the court in his favor?

He tried... unsuccessfully. Why? The United States has a system of "checks and balances," which Russia does not.

Do we have political dynasties of families?

Yes, but that is not corrupt, just noisome.

How about UNLIMITED campaign contributions from private people or businesses?

The Supreme Court ruling can be overturned by legislation. Checks and balances, remember? Guess who wants to overturn it?

www.slate.com...

Sounds like you would prefer a dictator....

Funny... on my computer the title of this thread is "Russia fears a recession will hurt pro-Kremlin politicians, so it's moving up elections," not: "Which country is the most corrupt?"

Maybe you should pay attention to who is posting what.

So... genocide falls where on your scale?

Genocide is right up there. Uhh..you do realize we committed genocide right? Also that the two wars we caused killed 100,000's of innocents.

You do know bill Clinton signed the telecomm act which directly leads to citizens united which is not legislation its a supreme court ruling. Because Clinton allowed the Tele comm act to be signed and supported it (when the coke brothers were supporting him) the ruling on citizens united is completely justified. By allowing the media to consolidate Clinton opened the door for the citizens united ruling which was that the media soros, Murdock etc had too much power to sway policy and public opinion there for so should corporations and rich people.

You wont convince me of any larger scale corruption anywhere than the us. Simply because we are supposed to have safe guards against all this from happening. And frankly we don't anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Genocide is right up there. Uhh..you do realize we committed genocide right? Also that the two wars we caused killed 100,000's of innocents.

Under the Tsars, Russia ruthlessly expanded to the limits of Eurasia, just as the United States expanded to the limits of North America. The United States did not practice genocide as a matter of policy; the Soviet Union did.

You wont convince me of any larger scale corruption anywhere than the us. Simply because we are supposed to have safe guards against all this from happening. And frankly we don't anymore.

Russia doesn't even pretend to have safeguards any more: what Putin says is law. Absolutism is a dangerous form of government; it results in ill conceived policies that can lead to great suffering. It is ultimately inefficient because the dictator's staff are afraid to tell him the truth about events. (Hitler believed he was winning at Stalingrad.) Finally, when the strongman dies, the nation falls apart because true leadership was not cultivated. Russia's greatest expansion took place under Ivan IV, his son was weak and the result is still called "The Time of Troubles." The death of Tito led to the disintegration of Yugoslavia and the collapse of the Soviet Union led to economic chaos that makes the current Fascist government look preferable to the Russian people. What do you suppose will happen when Putin dies or is overthrown?
edit on 5-6-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join