It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia fears a recession will hurt pro-Kremlin politicians, so it's moving up elections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It just proves consolidation of wealth.

And where did that wealth come from...that's right corruption.

Maybe the us politicians are better at hiding money.

Or they aren't as corrupt as Russian politicians.

edit on 2-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You keep bring to ATS western mainstream media !

Your sources are biased and agenda driven !

We don't fall for that kind of stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Money Putin accumulated was due to insider trading.

Guess where he learned that. Western governments are KINGS of insider trading.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
People pointing out the corruption in Russian politics do nothing more then distracting attention from our own very real problems. Personally I don't care what Putin does, it's their politics, their business, their gas/oil/resources, what bothers me is that our infrastructure is crumbling around us, that our own corruption has strangled the economy and bankrupted our budget. No amount of Putin hating is going to pay for our broken railroads, broken bridges, broken levees and collapsing social order.

If feels like half the country is calling for a civil war, cops are out of control killing over 400 people in just last 5 months, so why in the world would I give a rats ass about what Putin does in his back yard?

If Putin is such a tyrannical maniac, how many people did Russian police kill in the last 5 months? And that given that they still have a very real and ongoing anti-terrorist war against real terrorists, and not the TV-drama false flags we get here.

Hey, if it's the prerogative of some people to distract attention from our own problems by keep blaming Russia for everything, it's their biz, but I for one won't be the fool standing with my ears flopping in the wind.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

He hasn't accumulated any more wealth than america took from the Russian people before he came into power. I'd rather putin be in control of Russian assets than the Americans who came upon said assets when people like Boris nemtsov sold them off in the 90s.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

You keep bring to ATS western mainstream media !

Your sources are biased and agenda driven !

We don't fall for that kind of stuff.

Then feel free to refute whats posted.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Than America took from the Russian people?

Russia is welcome for all of the assistance the US provided to the Russian people during WWII. Of course that aid came after the Russian alliance with Nazi Germany fell apart. In the end the thanx we got was an occupied east Europe by stalin and his successor Putin running the show today.

The Russia economy is close to collapse and the only ones not affected are the Russian government and Putin - explain that to the Russian people.

edit on 2-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This thread is about Russia, a feared recession and Putins attempt to hold onto power. If anyone wishes to discuss the similar issues in the US, please start your own thread and stop derailing this one.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Putin will only be overthrow by a guy stronger and worse than him as that is the tradition in Russia. Gorby had a moment of good to the whole world after being elected and you seen how long that lasted. They will never let someone openly wanting to be friendlier to the west again, not until they take a beating in Ukraine and have their economy bite the bullet for many years in a row.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

So there are absolutely no Russians of moral character who can lead Russia into the 21st century unless they are cut from the same cloth off all the Russian losers who ran the country into the ground before them.

I don't buy it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Again i dont understand you? Are you a propaganda shill? Putin is a dirtbag destroying his country. But what leg does the us have to stand on? We have better mind control?

I don't understand you. What does the US have to do with the thread?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianAmericanJew
People pointing out the corruption in Russian politics do nothing more then distracting attention from our own very real problems. Personally I don't care what Putin does, it's their politics, their business, their gas/oil/resources,

Yet this OP is not about American politics, it's about Russian. If you don't care what Putin does, then you should not be posting in this thread.

Dragging back to the OP. The key to Russian elections is control of the "message". Putin's policies over the last few years to control the media means he controls the message. If opposition politicians cannot get a word in, then they will be silenced. I would say that Russian politics is closely controlled by Putin and he will dictate the result through controlling the message.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.
Russia is ruled by oligarchs, corrupt to the core and oppressing the people for their own enrichment and power. It's bad, very bad, and we need to invade them and overthrow the government and put in a new one, friendly to the west (a puppet in fact) so that the western banks and corporations can rape the place for their own enrichment and power.

What makes the Russian oligarchs that allegedly run Russia bad, and the Ukrainian oligarchs we installed good?

What makes the apparent political corruption in Russia bad, and the political corruption of our own governments good?

See, if the Russian government is on a par with our own governments when it comes to corruption, then why is it an issue that WE have to get involved in, rather than trying to change our own systems instead?

So much of the mud slinging against Russia is factless and based on blogs, foreign NGO reports ( no agendas there of course ), innuendo, suspicion and bald faced lies. Apparently Putin's personal wealth is anywhere from $17Billion to $200Billion, depending on how sensationalist the rag reporting it wants the story to be. It's laughable!

edit on 387Wed, 03 Jun 2015 03:18:16 -05001830300000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Russia is ruled by oligarchs, corrupt to the core and oppressing the people for their own enrichment and power. It's bad, very bad, and we need to invade them and overthrow the government and put in a new one, friendly to the west (a puppet in fact) so that the western banks and corporations can rape the place for their own enrichment and power.

No, you don't have it straight. That was never said. What does the West have to do with this thread? Why do you people keep bringing it up?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, you don't have it straight. That was never said. What does the West have to do with this thread? Why do you people keep bringing it up?

Can you explain what you mean by "you people"?

I asked simple questions, pointing out that the alleged corruption in the Russian government is no different from our own corrupt governments, and asked why it is such a concern of ours, when we should be more concerned with first stamping it out in our own countries. As such, it's entirely relevent.

Unless of course you are denying that our own governments are in any way corrupt and are in fact beacons of democracy and all that is right and good?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Can you explain what you mean by "you people"?

The ones who keep bringing up the West in threads that literally have nothing to do with the West.

Unless of course you are denying that our own governments are in any way corrupt and are in fact beacons of democracy and all that is right and good?

It would be like a thread about Obamacare being bad and the Dems holding off on things due to elections, and someone then talking about how bad Putin is.

It has NOTHING to do with the topic. YOU people need to stay on topic. If you want to talk about the West, or compare Russia to the West, make a thread. Stop derailing this one.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

So there are absolutely no Russians of moral character who can lead Russia into the 21st century unless they are cut from the same cloth off all the Russian losers who ran the country into the ground before them.

I don't buy it.

Please don't talk about Russian on behalf of Russians , once you realise that the majority of Russians support the President and his actions the sooner you wake up. For the west to accept Russia , Russia needs to bend over and obey the west like it did in the 90s. I have some news for you , that will never happen. Russia does not receive orders from the West like the puppets in EU who are delusional and love to claim they are free and democratic until the order come from Washington they sit back and say "woof" . You keep sloppily and exclusively creating anti Russian threads and posts, and when somebody debunks or proves your posts wrong you simply ignore them and create more posts from every single anti Russian source , post , rumour or whatever else you can find that something has been negatively said about Russia. Do you exclusively just google Russia in your daily routine?

Give it a break, let the Russians decide what is best for them , they don't need the west and their opinion. Western democracy is for the west.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How the hell can one possibly have a "Russia" thread WITHOUT mentioning the west. After all, the current troubles were NOT STARTED BY RUSSIA, but by the west So mentioning the west should be expected. I mean, there are always 2 parties, so if Russia is one, then the other must be..........?

Anyhoos.... to keep it topical, I've seen plenty of news items stating that the Russian economy is getting better and the rouble has turned around, so it looks like it's not all doom and gloom after all. As for when Russia decides to hold elections, isn't that a matter for Russia, despite what insignificant internet trolls may read into it or comment on?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Laxus

So the Russian people are going to end up like the german people when the Nazis were defeated, which is to say they find out what their government has done in their name and realize they were lied to.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: luthier
Again i dont understand you? Are you a propaganda shill? Putin is a dirtbag destroying his country. But what leg does the us have to stand on? We have better mind control?

I don't understand you. What does the US have to do with the thread?

Again what do you mean? How do you define and compare and contrast corruption? This is a message board most commonly used for debating. I am not violating rules of ATS or philosophical debate.

Stop crying that you can prove Russia is any more or less corrupt then the US. The only provable thing is our people have a higher standard of living.

Here this a very relevant piece of how governments tamper with the electoral process to get their desired results.

Its about the next US elections and describes all the corruption from both parties meddling with the voting process. I know you wont read it,..the American flag you burried your head in the sand with is making you blind I guess.

m.csmonitor.com...
edit on 4-6-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join