It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal Case against Nestle India : 17 times more lead content in its instant Noodles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

food.ndtv.com...
Food safety inspectors in Uttar Pradesh have filed a criminal complaint against Nestle's Indian arm, after spot checks earlier this year found excess lead in some packets of Maggi instant noodles. A court hearing has been set for July 1, an official at the local Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said.

The Uttar Pradesh FDA had ordered a recall of a 200,000-pack batch of noodles at the end of April, after a spot check which said showed elevated levels of monosodium glutamate (MSG), a flavour enhancer, and lead 17 times above the permissible limit.

Bloody hell....17 times more lead content ?

Lead poisoning occurs when lead builds up in the body, often over a period of months or years. Even small amounts of lead can cause serious health problems. Children under the age of 6 are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning, which can severely affect mental and physical development.

looks like Nestle is heading into legal troubles in India. This 2 minute instant noodles was given to literally millions of kids in India over generations. Its most likely that this product will be banned in several states in India.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this is absolutely nauseating
poisonous dried soup, are you serious?
just add dirty water and whalah = instant death

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Starred & flagged
I'm an environmental consultant. Although I hate to see stories like this. I always appreciate it when they are brought to the forefront. Its not ok for international companies to "do their dirty work" or slack off in other countries. They should be the example and not the example of what to try and get away with.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just to clarify it seems that it's THIS BATCH, not all the soup they have produced for years that is tainted. Still wrong.

new topics

top topics

join