It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Preview new thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Not sure why but I can't preview the thread I'm working on. Is there a new method of previewing a new thread before Posting it?

Note:

This thread was created to test the 'preview' button.

It didn't and doesn't work.

I tried Firefox and Chrome, both no go. I don't use IE.

Help??

edit on 2-6-2015 by edmc^2 because: help

Edit:

I think I figured it out already - problem with my Internet provider. I ran a speedtest and it crawled. I'll run another test tomorrow to confirm.

edit on 2-6-2015 by edmc^2 because: problem solved.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2
The "preview" button doesn't work at all for me since the server migration and I'm not the only one. Not for new threads and not for posts. ATS apparently has a number of bugs to work out. It's not a biggie, I just post the thread (or post) and edit it if needed, since there's no preview.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I noticed the preview doesn't work, too.

Not a real problem because I do my thread editing work in a separate word processor, which was always a good idea anyway.

edit on 6/2/2015 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

OK - let me try now.

test 'preview' button worked on this post but it now pops up as a separate window instead of the old way - below this dialog box window. This new way of viewing is somewhat interesting. I kinda like it but I wish I can move it around, move it to my other screen. This way I can have a full view of my working screen.

Also not sure why but if you noticed, there's an underscore (_) instead of the word 'window' after the word 'box _'. I don't know why this is happening. Bug maybe?

Another bug? - I can't insert new pics/image from my library. Only one image is available. Looks like only Public images are available for insert.

-- does this mean that all pics in the library needs to be migrated to the Public pic folder? If so how do you go about this? I was hoping there was a drop down list to chose from.

I'll try to preview the thread I'm working on.

P.S.

I need to preview my thread before posting to make sure that the videos and format/look is ok.

Edit test:

- below this dialog box window - look at these words above and notice the underscore_

Now if you do an edit - the 'preview' switches to the old way. You can now preview the reply below this dialog box.

tetstststs

edit on 2-6-2015 by edmc^2 because: edit

edit on 2-6-2015 by edmc^2 because: e

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Why not compose your thread, post, reply off line in a document file? It can be saved, previewed, copied and cut-and posted into the box when it looks good to go to you?

A lot of us learned the hard way when our great looking threads and comments got bumped or deleted accidently before we got to post them...and right after we had gotten them just-so-and-great looking!

Since the net can "freeze", its a lot easier to cut and paste your things in after they look good you.

MS Word, Notepad, plain text, doc., and rtf saved and cut and pasted work great.

MS

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Got it thanks for the suggestions. I might as well do it as you said.

How about inserting images, are you able to insert anything from the library?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I just wanted to say that the preview is now working for me (it stopped working after the server migration), so it appears they're getting some of the bugs worked out. Actually it seems to be working better than it did before the migration, since now I only have to click "preview" once instead of 2-3 times to get it to work, so far.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

confirmed.

As for image insertion - I found out that you need to move all library images to Gallery1, Gallery 2 or Gallery 3 for Public.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here's an old image I didn't move to gallery 1, 2, or 3:

Here's a new image I didn't move to gallery 1, 2, or 3:

Sorry I don't see any need to move the images to gallery 1, 2 or 3, they are all still in my upload folder.

If by "public" you mean use the images uploaded to ATS on a site other than ATS, ATS said they plan to block all such usage. They may not have implemented that yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. This is interesting because every time I click on the 'insert an image from your library', it automatically tries to pull images from the Public folder.

Here's what I mean - I can only insert the pic below if I do a move from (library) Gallery 1 to Gallery 3 (Public).

Pics from my main Library folder (Gallery 1)

Only two available pics in the public folder.

My work around - select the pic and copy the code and paste it.

A bit of work but it works.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That method is the only way I've ever gone about it. Then again I write all of my threads in a text editor and then post them. I tend to be verbose so it's a process of writing the thread ( all BBcode by hand, which helps to learn a lot of the tricks of making ATS work as well ) and then copy and paste to see if it fits into the standard create a thread field ( which never happens )... then I figure out where it cut off, go back to my text document and push enter several times to create a visual break - and then copy the rest into a random thread reply box - to see if it fits.

If not - exit out and repeat the space bar thing.

A lot of members do the same ( use an external text editor ) so that they can proofread and polish. I am way too lazy. But the verbosity forces my hand. LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

That method is the only way I've ever gone about it. Then again I write all of my threads in a text editor and then post them. I tend to be verbose so it's a process of writing the thread ( all BBcode by hand, which helps to learn a lot of the tricks of making ATS work as well ) and then copy and paste to see if it fits into the standard create a thread field ( which never happens )... then I figure out where it cut off, go back to my text document and push enter several times to create a visual break - and then copy the rest into a random thread reply box - to see if it fits.

If not - exit out and repeat the space bar thing.

A lot of members do the same ( use an external text editor ) so that they can proofread and polish. I am way too lazy. But the verbosity forces my hand. LOL

Got it. A bit of work indeed but I may have to force 'me-self to go that route.

Hopefully, this is just a bug when using Firefox.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

My work around - select the pic and copy the code and paste it.

Thanks for clarifying, now I understand because that's the only method I use.

I guess they still have a bug in the other method you mentioned then, clicking the "insert image" icon, though to be honest I never found ATS's insert image functions like that to be very good which is probably why I got away from using them. But they should be able to fix that so you don't have to move your images to the galleries, I think.

top topics

join