It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Anybody!” St. Louis PD Indiscriminately Taser and Arrest People Walking Down Sidewalk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Greathouse

With your stance I would certainly hate to be. Either one of your friends or family, I'd hate to be in a situation where I needed help if you were around, and I would hate to be a child being victimized. Because according to your statement you would just stand there and scold the perpetrators .

There you go putting words into others mouths again! You're not very good at this are you?

I never said anything of the sort regarding whether or not I would stand up and defend my family and friends, if needed I most certainly would. I simply said that I haven't had to be violent to date and, hopefully, never will have to be. I also made the point of saying that I would most certainly never be violent towards somebody who was "desecrating a flag" - ie: a piece of material.

Seems to me you just like finding excuses to hurt people.

I put no words in your mouth here's your statement from your last post .............

Violence is bad, despite your protests otherwise

So apparently you are a hypocrite. Violence is bad unless you personally deem otherwise?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just like Gangs and the Mob.
they terroriser you.
um! they are terrorists!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
Free speech means you can say what you like,
It doesn't mean it has no cost.

It means you aren't going to be harmed for saying it. Under Stalin you could still say whatever you wanted, certain things just had the cost of going to a reeducation camp.

Standing for the flag means you just keep on walking when you see a person burning a flag. Attacking the person for expressing their feelings is a much bigger insult to what the flag stands for.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That's about all I can say anymore. It's a mad world and we all need to learn how to survive. It'd be even better if we learned how to thrive and didn't have to put up with this bull crap. There are steps that need to be taken and until we start doing them, it will continue to be a Mad Mad world.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Desacration of your national flag is embraced in Australia?

While not illegal if one was to do so in the wrong place it might not end well .

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Same here...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

It is clear they are Predators and no longer has anything to do with safety of the public- I cannot do anything til martial law is declared.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It's not about saying violence is bad, that's a completely different debate.

The person burning a flag, or doing worse to it isn't doing anyone any harm. They're not a terrorist or a violent criminal. The best thing to do to people like that if you disagree with them is to ignore them. This is probably pretty obvious but when a person is ignored their message ceases to have a voice. It's through responding to that person, getting in an argument, shouting at them, or attacking them that you validate their message because you bring attention to it and ensure that it's heard.

Look at WBC for an example. If the media gave them no coverage and people simply pretended they didn't exist would their message resonate with anyone today?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Although I'm flattered this entire thread has been devoted to me . It seems it was not about the flag at all. The boneheads that got arrested walked directly out into a major intersection against a greenlight bringing traffic to a halt . Then went and told they're being arrested attempted to leave .

While I still don't approve of the tasers from the video they do seem to of been a problem for safety of theirselves and others.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join